Unpopular Opinions

I don't know how unpopular this is, but I don't like it when baseball teams (and CFL now) have different hats (helmets) for home and away. I feel it dilutes the brand and in some cases takes away from the better look.

There's no reason these shouldn't be worn all the time.

Jemile+Weeks+San+Francisco+Giants+v+Oakl

620-cornish-120928-thumb-620xauto-234249

I'm fine with having an alternate look, but keep the home and away the same.

IbjBaeE.png

Home/road caps work sometimes in baseball, provided the team matches the batting helmets to the caps in all games. However, most of the times the second cap is a reach, and looks much worse than other. The A's road caps (current and former) both are much worse than the home, the Mariners' solid navy cap (former road) is worse than the former-home teal billed cap. The Braves' home cap is much, much better than their awful road cap. The Reds' home cap is much better than their crappy road caps. Teams like the Nationals Twins and Astros would look better only using their home cap, while the Orioles would be better served only using the road one. Road caps can sometimes work, but it's rare.

Football is different. With as prominent as football helmets are and with the helmet serving as de facto logos, football teams should never have alternate helmets (outside of possibly wearing throwbacks once per year).

OldRomanSig2.jpg

On 7/21/2014 at 4:08 PM, njdevs7 said:

Everyone always uses this logo for Bucks concepts. This is the worst :censored:ing logo ever...how could anybody think it looks good?

Thank you.

I love the Irish Rainbow uniforms but this logo is very minor league.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The NFL should have alt helmets. It would let teams try out different looks without doing the full-blown rebrand. Maybe if the Jags could have brought their helmet out as an alt one year, we might have only had to deal with it for two games instead of five years. Alts let teams get some of their crazy ideas out without long-term damage.

The NFL should have alt helmets. It would let teams try out different looks without doing the full-blown rebrand. Maybe if the Jags could have brought their helmet out as an alt one year, we might have only had to deal with it for two games instead of five years. Alts let teams get some of their crazy ideas out without long-term damage.

Yeah god forbid that they can use more than one helmet per season. Sadly, since they can't even wear throwback helmets anymore, this will never happen.

Here's mine: I absolutely despise the Sonics' color scheme mixed in with their identity. The colors work with the Packers for historical reasons, they look okay with the A's, but that color scheme is so outdated for some reason for the Sonics. When looking at pictures of Durant there in 2007 I feel like I'm watching a game from the 70's.

I hope if they return to the NBA that their brand gets a major overhaul.

UUkgTjb.png

Here's mine: I absolutely despise the Sonics' color scheme mixed in with their identity. The colors work with the Packers for historical reasons, they look okay with the A's, but that color scheme is so outdated for some reason for the Sonics. When looking at pictures of Durant there in 2007 I feel like I'm watching a game from the 70's.

I hope if they return to the NBA that their brand gets a major overhaul.

Now THAT is definitely an unpopular opinion.

The Boston Bruins yellow alternate uniforms of 1995-2006 would have been received a lot better had they simply had a Spoked B instead of the Pooh Bear logo.

Doesn't seem to be that unpopular of an idea, I thought that all along

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I hate "Beerbarrel Man"

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)