Unpopular Opinions

1 hour ago, JosiahWVU said:

I agree, blue isn't used anywhere else.

Blue is only sticking around because of the mula... They'd probably wear 82 different uniforms if they could (I'm actually surprised they don't since the NBA douchebags love that kind of :censored:.).

On 2/16/2016 at 7:30 PM, JosiahWVU said:

^^^Me, too.

I love the Bucks new look.

I like the look but I've actually soured a bit on the black alternate.  I don't know if it's just because they are wearing them so much or not. I think I'd rater see a blue or cream alternate instead of the black.  

• Like 3

I like the Diamondbacks rebrand, or rather, the idea of it. I've been in the camp of people who think there could stand to be one or two modern looking teams in baseball, and who else but a team that's younger then most of the prospects in your average team's pipeline? 

Another team I'd love to see go modern would be the Rockies. They're still fairly new, have a color scheme that isn't all that classic, and frankly, need the shakeup. 

12 hours ago, cappital92 said:

I like the Diamondbacks rebrand, or rather, the idea of it. I've been in the camp of people who think there could stand to be one or two modern looking teams in baseball, and who else but a team that's younger then most of the prospects in your average team's pipeline? 

Another team I'd love to see go modern would be the Rockies. They're still fairly new, have a color scheme that isn't all that classic, and frankly, need the shakeup. 

I'd like to see the Rockies dump black and go with purple and gray (like Kansas State).  I guess gray as one of two colors could be tricky in baseball, given the gray road uniforms.  Maybe a 90% reduction in black is in order.  But I really don't like purple and black as a color combo; not enough contrast.

The "CR" is getting kinda tired, too.

• Like 2

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

2 hours ago, Ark said:

I guess this would be unpopular? Maybe not.

The Redskins should wear red pants on the road and yellow pants at home. That would be their best possible look.

I think the yellow pants should be burned and they should go back to white at home, but I can at least tolerate them with the red jersey. The red pants should 100% return for the white jersey though. The yellow looks awful and out of place.

• Like 4

On 2/16/2016 at 7:41 AM, Crabcake47 said:

The gold pants are better than the black yoga pants that they have. I actually kind of like this too. My only concern is that they'll start wearing it with the away jersey and start looking too much like the Steelers. 

Imo the white pants are still superior, but the gold pants are definitely better than the black pants. I actually liked the black pants look until I realized what yoga pants look like, and now I can't "unsee" that. 

I just hope the Ravens replace the black pants they wear at home with these gold pants for a few of the home games.  But I still think the white pants should still be the primary look with the purple jersey.  Now for the road unis, either all white or drop the black yoga pants in favor of purple pants with a gold/white/gold stripe.  

• Like 1

^^^

I don't know that that Wild opinion (2 posts up) is that unpopular.  I suppose it is, as many here like all three jerseys even while acknowledging they don't belong together.

I personally agree that their ALT is terrible.  Not enough red.  No use of the logo. And the script should have a short shelf life.  And the team needs to treat the home like the road, i.e., use the big logo rather than marginalizing it in a circle.

(Potentially popular opinion) I think they need a primary green that matches the primary white.  The red, as is, makes a suitable ALT.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

2 hours ago, VikWings said:

I think the yellow pants should be burned and they should go back to white at home, but I can at least tolerate them with the red jersey. The red pants should 100% return for the white jersey though. The yellow looks awful and out of place.

I agree with this, but I'd reverse what I tolerate. I dislike the yellow pants with the white jerseys, but I think they look particularly bad with the red jerseys. Maybe not "bad" as much as "not right." It might be partly because growing up, the Redskins' red jerseys only appeared thrice a year if you were lucky. And it was always a treat when you saw the red jerseys over white pants. I loved when they finally went red at home in the last decade. Even though we see the red jerseys 9-10 times a year now, it's not the same with the yellow. Meanwhile, I was tired of seeing the Redskins in the white jerseys anyway, so it's not like them wearing yellow pants with them ruins what would otherwise be a "rare" great look.

That being said, the Redskins looked better in every way ten years ago. The yellow pants suck and the Nike switch really did a disservice to their uniforms.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The original red jersey was great, to contrast against the Green and White Sweaters, but the piping and lack of tail stripe have really killed it. The green alt, does not have enough red, but is still better than the current home. The Main logo is definitely the best, but the script logo is still good. It's a modern rendering of script logos found on REALLY old sweaters. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10