Unpopular Opinions

apart from the side panels and the white at the very top of the pants stripe, i actually REALLY like the Bengals uniforms.. i think it's a great look and all their combinations work well together.. if they would remove the white side panels from the colored jerseys, and fill in the white areas with black at the top of the pants striping, they'd have one of the best looks in the league IMO.. i'd also like the see the "B" chest logo changed to a similarly stylized "C" or a small "BENGALS" wordmark... the "tiger dress up" doesn't bother me at all, and neither does the number font or drop shadow.. apart from a few small tweaks, the Bengals have one of my favorite looks in the entire NFL.. their white jerseys are almost perfect as-is with either pants (because the white side panel is actually appropriate here, and the white on the pants stripe is much less noticable).

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 5:00 PM, Ice_Cap said:

I wouldn't mind the black pants if they had purple-white-purple stripes running down the sides to mirror the white set.

Take it back a step. Instead of mirroring the white pants, leave purple in the middle and swap the black and white. That would allow the purple to "show" more instead of fading into the black. This is what they wore their second season:

8435488895_95a640b818_o.jpg

But wear them with these socks:

400x225

Or, better yet, add thin metallic gold striping/piping around the purple stripe on both sets of pants (and the socks) to further distinguish things.

• Like 1
OldRomanSig2.jpg

I never liked the road kit that the Mavs started wearing during their championship season, mainly because the navy name on the front is near impossible to read, even with a silver outline. Maybe it's just me, given how high they're rated on the main site, but I've always felt that they were synonymous with the navy set.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chilton92 said:

I never liked the road kit that the Mavs started wearing during their championship season, mainly because the navy name on the front is near impossible to read, even with a silver outline. Maybe it's just me, given how high they're rated on the main site, but I've always felt that they were synonymous with the navy set.

Yeah, same here. Actually, I think Dallas would do way better for their look if they dropped the light blue altogether and just were navy and gray like the Cowboys, even though the Cowboys only use those colors on their navy alts. Here's a quick mockup I did in MS Paint.

d7kffqwofcg3pfax8okg9qbel.png

dk68e0ec83jflipq9y8ktxgz4.png

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

On 2/11/2016 at 6:32 AM, WavePunter said:

apart from the side panels and the white at the very top of the pants stripe, i actually REALLY like the Bengals uniforms.. i think it's a great look and all their combinations work well together.. if they would remove the white side panels from the colored jerseys, and fill in the white areas with black at the top of the pants striping, they'd have one of the best looks in the league IMO.. i'd also like the see the "B" chest logo changed to a similarly stylized "C" or a small "BENGALS" wordmark... the "tiger dress up" doesn't bother me at all, and neither does the number font or drop shadow.. apart from a few small tweaks, the Bengals have one of my favorite looks in the entire NFL.. their white jerseys are almost perfect as-is with either pants (because the white side panel is actually appropriate here, and the white on the pants stripe is much less noticable).

I agree except for the drop shadow and number font, both of which are very 2005. Change those up and get rid of the empty space (white side panels and top of stripe) and you're good. Yes, they look very tiger-y. They're the only team in the NFL with a tiger nickname/mascot, are they not? Own that shizz.

The Canucks' recent throwback night is inspiring this one.

Usually with franchises that have had a historical identity crisis (ex: Canucks, Padres, now Diamondbacks, maybe the Bucks, etc.), I'd feel compelled to look at their identity history and "pick one", so to say. But I suppose an unpopular opinion for me is that I just can't with the Canucks.

Blue and Green? Love it.

Black-Gold-Red '94 cup run set? Love it.

Late 90's navy-Royal-red? Love it.

Johnny Canuck? The skate? Stick-in-rink? Orca? Love it all. Can't choose.

I suppose the only objection I have to anything in their history is the big-V sweaters they wore in the 80's. You can burn those. But in all seriousness, the Canucks are probably the only franchise in all of sports that I don't have a "favorite identity" pick for. It's to the point where they seriously could make the '94 throwbacks a full-time set again tomorrow and I'd be more than okay with it, even if such a move admittedly would only add to the identity confusion.

• Like 1

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Usually with franchises that have had a historical identity crisis (ex: Canucks, Padres, now Diamondbacks, maybe the Bucks, etc.), I'd feel compelled to look at their identity history and "pick one", so to say. But I suppose an unpopular opinion for me is that I just can't with the Canucks.

Blue and Green? Love it.

I suppose the only objection I have to anything in their history is the big-V sweaters they wore in the 80's. You can burn those. But in all seriousness, the Canucks are probably the only franchise in all of sports that I don't have a "favorite identity" pick for. It's to the point where they seriously could make the '94 throwbacks a full-time set again tomorrow and I'd be more than okay with it, even if such a move admittedly would only add to the identity confusion.

Maybe that just is their identity. "The Vancouver Identity Confusions!!!!" 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

5 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Blue and Green? Love it.

I see where you're coming from (minus the love for the Orca).

In the case of the Canucks though it has to be blue and green. It represents the location perfectly, and its a lot more unique and particular towards the Canucks than any of the other options they've worn in the past.

12 hours ago, mjd77 said:

I like this look.3x7TVOZ.jpg

The gold pants are better than the black yoga pants that they have. I actually kind of like this too. My only concern is that they'll start wearing it with the away jersey and start looking too much like the Steelers. 

Imo the white pants are still superior, but the gold pants are definitely better than the black pants. I actually liked the black pants look until I realized what yoga pants look like, and now I can't "unsee" that. 

spacer.png