Unpopular Opinions

On 12/1/2016 at 7:58 AM, the admiral said:

It's fine in and of itself but not for the Los Angeles Rams, who can be in slightly updated uniforms -- or even that very template -- but in royal and athletic gold.

My unpopular Ravens opinion is that the Ravens should definitely be in head-to-toe black at home. On the road, I don't care what's black and what's purple (but for the sake of argument let's say black names, purple numbers, black pants, purple socks), but the white should be minimal. No albino Ravens! Their whole deal is that they're supposed to be mean and scary. Maximum black works for them.

I don't think that's an unpopular opinion. I don't know if they should do it every single home game, but they need to do it several times a season. I'm surprised they already don't.

On 12/1/2016 at 10:42 AM, Rj0498 said:

I agree with you on this only that they should add stripes to the black pants otherwise, they look like they are playing football in leotards.

The stripeless black pants actually works best for the all black look, imo.

tempBengals112716sh29WEB--nfl_mezz_1280_

tempBengals112716sh21WEB--nfl_mezz_1280_

tempBengals112716sh28WEB--nfl_mezz_1280_

tempBengals112716sh12WEB--nfl_mezz_1280_

I kinda see where you are going here...but it that's to pin down what's popular here and not elsewhere.  For me it is kinda about things I am surprised about (or was when I joined over 10 years ago).  These include:

• The huge preference toward the Devils black over green
  • The love of the Islanders fisherman logo
  • The disliking of the Motion W
  • When I first joined I was surprised that a lot of people seemed to like the Brewers look...but either we've collectively grown tired of it or the the sample size (board had fewer than 1000) was too small.  Or I misperceived.
  • The love of the blue and white Rams
  • The comparative dislike of the leaf the Maple Leafs just dumped
  • That we are not like 99.9% opposed to corporate sponsorship on uniforms.  It's probably more like 75%
  • Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I'm going to say the complete opposite. 

I hate the Ravens all-black look. I hate their black pants. It looks way to dark on the field with their black helmets. They should be purple/gold or purple/gold at home, white/white or white/gold away, and then black/white for the alternate. 

People here adore the Germanic Brewers identity (both the "MB" and "M" versions). I've lived in Milwaukee for the past few months now, and I have yet to see anybody selling or wearing anything from the Germanic years (compared to the abundant amounts of BiG and current merch). Not even 1990's-loving hipsters will touch it, which I find strange.

There are also some of us on here who love the Islanders' Fisherman set, while most people mock it and associate it with the darkest time in the Islanders' history.

The Cowboys' home uniforms are routinely mocked around here, but are largely beloved or tolerated by the public.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

People here adore the Germanic Brewers identity (both the "MB" and "M" versions). I've lived in Milwaukee for the past few months now, and I have yet to see anybody selling or wearing anything from the Germanic years (compared to the abundant amounts of BiG and current merch). Not even 1990's-loving hipsters will touch it, which I find strange.

There are also some of us on here who love the Islanders' Fisherman set, while most people mock it and associate it with the darkest time in the Islanders' history.

The Cowboys' home uniforms are routinely mocked around here, but are largely beloved or tolerated by the public.

Good ones.  I think we tend to emphasize the connection with success less than "normal" fans do.  Those  Brewers and Islanders looks were used in times that were not memorable on the field / ice.  The BiG was used when the Brewers were at their best and obviously with the Islanders...

Similarly the white Dallas uniform is associated with greatness and most people don't worry about nitpicking details.  Unpopular opinion (around here) is that I prefer the Cowboys uniform to any color-fixing concept I have seen...maybe it's just what I am used to.

• Like 3

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

14 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

Good ones.  I think we tend to emphasize the connection with success less than "normal" fans do.  Those  Brewers and Islanders looks were used in times that were not memorable on the field / ice.  The BiG was used when the Brewers were at their best and obviously with the Islanders...

Similarly the white Dallas uniform is associated with greatness and most people don't worry about nitpicking details.  Unpopular opinion (around here) is that I prefer the Cowboys uniform to any color-fixing concept I have seen...maybe it's just what I am used to.

I've only seen one concept that improves upon the Cowboys' current whites. It involved a gradient of navy, royal, and that unique silver-green that the 'Boys use.

Here's a doozy... I actually really like the LA Clipper's centre court bright white (not the logo)... the white really stands out neatly & bright.  Their future logo should incorporate a white basketball &/or that white as primary colour.

TKnifkJ.png

Video game shot, yet I couldn't find tv shots of it nor did the template do it quite justice.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

44 minutes ago, 2001mark said:

Here's a doozy... I actually really like the LA Clipper's centre court bright white (not the logo)... the white really stands out neatly & bright.  Their future logo should incorporate a white basketball &/or that white as primary colour.

TKnifkJ.png

Video game shot, yet I couldn't find tv shots of it nor did the template do it quite justice.

This would look even better if the keys were white with black outlines.

• Like 3

Can't stand jerseys with no names on the back. Especially in football. 

• Like 7

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

I actually really like the Minnesota Wild identity. Easily the best "singular" named sports team beating out Miami Heat, Utah Jazz, Oklahoma City Thunder, Tampa Bay Lightning, Chicago Fire.

I'm definitely not biased or anything... (:D) But I agree!!!

• Like 1

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10