Unpopular Opinions

Today's Military Bowl reminded me how much I like most aspects of Maryland's football uniforms. All the flag-inspired elements are really neat, and the colors are great.

The only major weaknesses they've had over the years are the piping on the primaries (looks silly) and the gaudy, one-off "Maryland Pride 2.0" helmets.

I like it when the same teams enjoy success, I also hate all mid-majors in college basketball(examples: Butler, VCU, FGCU, George Mason).

Jesus. Do you also root for the villains in movies, and enjoy watching people from Walmart run small family-owned businesses out of existence too?

Meh, I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I have nothing against mid-majors and underdogs in general, but I do feel like something is wrong whenever the Dukes and UCLAs of basketball are not relevant during the season. Same goes for the Yankees in baseball, Celtics and Lakers for NBA, and USC and Texas in college football.

Exactly, I like the fact that the best teams stay on top. I enjoy Texas, Alabama, USC, Ohio State, LSU, and other well known teams to be ranked in NCAAF. In NCAAB I like it when MSU, OSU, Syracuse, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, UCLA, Arizona, and other well knowns do good. I dislike the "cinderella stories" in the tournament because they destroy what I like to see, old prestigious universities battling it out in March.

You realize Duke was basically a glorified mid major until the 90s, right?

And Ohio State is hardly a historic basketball power... unless you mean Oklahoma State.

Oklahoma State had two tournament appearances in 30 years from 1960 to 1990. They might have been good in the 40s and 50s, but they weren't really good from then on until the 1990s. Not really a "traditional power" either.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I think the fact that we're even debating Ohio State vs Okie State pretty much proves my point. Besides, basketball is, at best, the third sport that Ohio State is known for. At Oklahoma State, it's right up there with football.

Am I the only one who hates the silver faced Flying Elvis?

i don't like when concepts give him a flesh tone because silver goes with the pats current color scheme, but i prefer old pat the patriot over the current elvis, if thats what you are asking

I don't like either of them. But if I had to choose, I'd choose a fleshy faced Flying Elvis. I don't like the silver face. Just doesn't look right.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Am I the only one who hates the silver faced Flying Elvis?

i don't like when concepts give him a flesh tone because silver goes with the pats current color scheme, but i prefer old pat the patriot over the current elvis, if thats what you are asking

I don't like either of them. But if I had to choose, I'd choose a fleshy faced Flying Elvis. I don't like the silver face. Just doesn't look right.

What about a white face?

The Jadeveon Clowney hit in last years' Outback Bowl is the most-overrated defensive play of the past decade; college or professional.

Yes, it's a good hit, but I mean come on; Denard Robinson hung his running back out to dry on that one.

this has more to do with uniforms, not plays, and was denard robinson even playing qb at that time, and how would it be his fault when it was the o line that let clowney through