Unpopular Opinions

87jndmbgbcgqsejp49jl8s3fv.gif3jtx5bg9np3ftvvnlran88dh7.gif

I LOVED this uniform set. There, I said it.

Loved elements of this including the very appropriate and unique color scheme. Some streamlining and toning down and this would have been so amazing.

I loved these too. The colour scheme is great and the native Pacific Northwest art inspired lining is just brilliant. Makes me wish that Toronto were called the Grizzlies instead and that the RCMP had agreed to Vancouver being named the Mounties.

5737a3a4-1de5-426d-a5eb-067469bdd6e3.jpg

Not sure if I've mentioned this yet, but this is my favourite Blue Jays logo:

v2cs63mhao1kv2mfu2ybjr4fp.gif

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I actually really like that logo too. It was bad, no doubt about it, but it had charm. In my opinion it would have worked better for a minor league team.

Also, I think it looks cool in this colourway: SDwqB.jpg

GAH!

I've already mentioned before that I actually liked (past-tense) the 2004-2011 look, but I hated everything about the 1997-2003 design.

CCLSCsig-1.jpg

Uniform tracker - 2011 version coming soon...

I ABSOLUTELY loved, loved, LOVED this logo when it came out. The red T and the Blue Jay's pose looked so strikingly good. I was really disappointed when Toronto got rid of this look after just one season (Actually, when the 04-11 look came out, I thought it was a joke. "Why would they get rid of such a good logo?" I asked to myself lol). Don't know why this logo gets so much flak.

I don't think it gets flack because it's a horrible logo, but just because it doesn't really work with the Blue Jays at all.

They were never previously associated with a "T." The jay was given arms and a tattoo. It seems like it emphasized red over blue.

And, of course, it replaced their original logo, which lasted two decades and was associated with back-to-back world championships. This logo came at the tail end of their somewhat lackluster late 90s/early 00s era.

050113islanders2.jpg

From a purely aesthetic standpoint (ignoring things like history and championships) this was one of the best updates in the history of Pro Sports.

The Islanders original look was unremarkable at best. This on the other hand was one of the most inventive and visually appealing jerseys to ever hit the ice.

i love gray facemasks.

Me too.

I also love the original Nashville Predators 3rd Jersey. That shade of mustard was insanely cool and the 3D cat looked great on the front.

finally someone who loves the mustard jersey. i have one, but its too small to fit me as it is a kids size jersey. but i also love these:

ht2fgh1hbe97lsfwa5vuljh7l.gif

fijf5xyhiujpfrfee1aqzg4fg.gif

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

050113islanders2.jpg

From a purely aesthetic standpoint (ignoring things like history and championships) this was one of the best updates in the history of Pro Sports.

The Islanders original look was unremarkable at best. This on the other hand was one of the most inventive and visually appealing jerseys to ever hit the ice.

Agree entirely. I love every single aspect of this uniform set.

Even the fonts and the way the "wave" motif affect them.

DSC06487.JPG

spacer.png