MLB Logo&Uniform changes

UnclearInitial

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And a beautiful era it was.

I don't think the Padres have had a jersey any better than this one.

28.jpg

Great colors. Why'd they have to mess this up with orange?

hcsd72.jpg

No kidding. Just update these a bit and you'd have a beautiful winner.

Totally agree. I like their current interlocking SD. Put it in this set/color and it would look great.

I'm watching the Nats right now in their new home uniforms for the first time (for me), and they look very nice. Very simple and classy, but the curly W on the chest gives the uniform some character.

By the way, does anyone know what's up with this wordmark?

v2jxordr9a9ku4grq0dj3zy2o.gif

I think it's a nice wordmark, but I'm not seeing it used anywhere on their any of their uniforms or logos... why did they create it then? Just for fun?

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I know it has been mentioned before but I thought I'd compile all the information available and put it into one post. The LA A of A (or who I still refer to as the Anaheim Angels) have announced flashback fridays to commemorate their 50th year. I've put together all the dates and known uniforms to be worn, plus speculation of what will be worn. So here it goes.

Late 1980's as seen here

4/8 vs TOR

4/22 vs BOS

5/6 vs CLE

Inaugural 1961 uniform as seen here

5/20 vs ATL

6/3 vs NYY

6/10 vs KC

71 vs LA (I find it funny that they chose to wear the LA logo hat against the Dodgers)

Remaining dates are

7/8 vs SEA

8/5 vs SEA

8/19 vs BAL

9/2 vs MIN

9/9 vs NYY

9/23 vs OAK

here is what is speculated to be worn.

1970's era

and early (pre disney) 1990's era

I suppose it's not likely for all of the Angels' opponents also to be wearing throwbacks in these games. What are the chances we'll see each visiting team wearing road retros?

I'm watching the Nats right now in their new home uniforms for the first time (for me), and they look very nice. Very simple and classy, but the curly W on the chest gives the uniform some character.

By the way, does anyone know what's up with this wordmark?

v2jxordr9a9ku4grq0dj3zy2o.gif

I think it's a nice wordmark, but I'm not seeing it used anywhere on their any of their uniforms or logos... why did they create it then? Just for fun?

I think it'll have a similar place as Detroit's "Tigers" script...on jackets, merchandise, and on the jerseys of minor league teams called the Nationals.

bYhYmxh.png

Does anyone know if the A's will go back to the solid green batting helmets this year?

Last year they added black helmets to match the black alternate jersey, and wore green/gold batting helmets on the road, but with the black jersey abandoned, will we see the return of the solid green helmet on the road?

Does anyone know if the A's will go back to the solid green batting helmets this year?

Last year they added black helmets to match the black alternate jersey, and wore green/gold batting helmets on the road, but with the black jersey abandoned, will we see the return of the solid green helmet on the road?

That would be better than what we saw last year, but really, seeing them with the home batting helmets last year just reinforced that the home cap should be the only one they wear.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

That would be better than what we saw last year, but really, seeing them with the home batting helmets last year just reinforced that the home cap should be the only one they wear.

have to agree. and in every promotional appearance they've done in the gold jersey, they've paired it with the home cap. so i wouldn't expect ditching the black alternate would change the batting helmet protocol from last year.

sig2024.png

have to agree. and in every promotional appearance they've done in the gold jersey, they've paired it with the home cap. so i wouldn't expect ditching the black alternate would change the batting helmet protocol from last year.

I believe you can only carry 2 helmets on the road or something, thus the switch. I happen to like the all green caps and actually Joe they keep them on the sways. If they did switch it wouldn't be a bad move but I think they look fine as is.

They previously wore solid green helmets on the road, but got rid of them and added black helmets for the alternate home jerseys, but with the black jersey gone I'd assume they'll go back to solid green helmets on the road. Does anyone know for sure or will we find out during their first road game?

I believe you can only carry 2 helmets on the road or something, thus the switch. I happen to like the all green caps and actually Joe they keep them on the sways. If they did switch it wouldn't be a bad move but I think they look fine as is.

Yeah, I love both home & away A's caps, but the away caps are my favorite. I really hope they do go back to the solid green helmets, because it just looked odd watching them with mismatched helmets. Then again, that's always been one of my pet peeves in baseball so it would've annoyed me no matter what team it was.

Looking at Chris Creamer's main page, I see that the Pirates have a new script logo. Strangely, it appears the only element left in use from the (horrid) late-1990s Pirates identity is the primary logo. Is there any sign that they will get rid of it next offseason?

May God bless you all and fill your hearts with faith, hope, and love!

Archived