NFL playoffs

GriffinM6

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will make my week if the Steelers lose today. I don't like the Ravens by any means, but their fans (the few I've actually had to interact with) are nowhere near the level of annoyance and irritation that Steeler fans exist on. Steeler fans are the NFL's rich kids. Everything is given to them without actually having to go through any work or suffering and they're still greedy. They behave as if the Steelers not playing in the Super Bowl is a crime against football.

Plus, :censored: Hines Ward. :censored: that :censored:.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Steeler fans are the NFL's rich kids. Everything is given to them without actually having to go through any work or suffering and they're still greedy. They behave as if the Steelers not playing in the Super Bowl is a crime against football.

I'd love to hear the rationale behind this.

---

As for the game, shooting yourself in the foot is one thing, but to follow it up by shooting yourself in the other is quite another. They are getting straight up abused on the offensive line with leading abusee Flozell Adams leading the way.

For one, Ben Rapistberger only having to sit out four games...

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

How about Mike Tomlin blowing through both the Steelers' replay challenges in the first quarter? The Steelers are mounting a bit of a comeback, but Tomlin may have screwed his team good if the game ends up coming down to a bad call in the Ravens' favor.

CCSLC signature.png

Steeler fans are the NFL's rich kids. Everything is given to them without actually having to go through any work or suffering and they're still greedy. They behave as if the Steelers not playing in the Super Bowl is a crime against football.

-Big Ben's suspension reduction.

-Super Bowl XL officiating.

-The NFL looking the other way in the '70s while the Steelers juiced their way to a dynasty.

-They have six championships and rarely ever have a losing season, but their fans still whine twice as much as fans of snakebitten franchises.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

It will make my week if the Steelers lose today. I don't like the Ravens by any means, but their fans (the few I've actually had to interact with) are nowhere near the level of annoyance and irritation that Steeler fans exist on. Steeler fans are the NFL's rich kids. Everything is given to them without actually having to go through any work or suffering and they're still greedy. They behave as if the Steelers not playing in the Super Bowl is a crime against football.

Plus, :censored: Hines Ward. :censored: that :censored:.

I live in Baltimore. You bet your ass they're every bit as annoying and irritating as any other fanbase. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

-The NFL looking the other way in the '70s while the Steelers juiced their way to a dynasty.

-They have six championships and rarely ever have a losing season, but their fans still whine twice as much as fans of snakebitten franchises.

Lights out took care of it. I thought "nfl's rich kids" was pretty self-explanatory, but I'll delve deeper. You're "rich" because you have more super bowls than any other team. Success is taken for granted because nobody who's a Steelers fan (who is younger than 60) has ever had to deal with any extended periods of pure hopelessness. Every other franchise in the entire NFL has had flat out :censored:ty seasons (of which I'm talking 1-15, 2-14, 3-13), but the Steelers pretty much hover around 8-8 at their worst. On top of that, the Steelers seemingly get 60% of the favorable calls and bounces always fall in their favor.

You're the rich kids because so much has been given to you, but you haven't had to put any work into it. You're the trust fund babies of the NFL. There's no struggle as a Steeler fan. There's no suffering. It's easy to be a Steelers fan and I have 0 respect for you because of it. The only thing easier than being a Steelers fan is being a Yankees fan.

Even with all that, or possibly because of that, nobody handles losing with as little grace as Steelers fans. This is purely anecdotal, but every Steelers fan I know has this unbelievable entitlement complex like they're supposed to be in the Super Bowl every year.

I can't wait to see you get stomped in New England next week.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Lights out took care of it. I thought "nfl's rich kids" was pretty self-explanatory, but I'll delve deeper. You're "rich" because you have more super bowls than any other team. Success is taken for granted because nobody who's a Steelers fan (who is younger than 60) has ever had to deal with any extended periods of pure hopelessness. Every other franchise in the entire NFL has had flat out :censored:ty seasons (of which I'm talking 1-15, 2-14, 3-13), but the Steelers pretty much hover around 8-8 at their worst. On top of that, the Steelers seemingly get 60% of the favorable calls and bounces always fall in their favor.

You're the rich kids because so much has been given to you, but you haven't had to put any work into it. You're the trust fund babies of the NFL. There's no struggle as a Steeler fan. There's no suffering. It's easy to be a Steelers fan and I have 0 respect for you because of it. The only thing easier than being a Steelers fan is being a Yankees fan.

Even with all that, or possibly because of that, nobody handles losing with as little grace as Steelers fans. This is purely anecdotal, but every Steelers fan I know has this unbelievable entitlement complex like they're supposed to be in the Super Bowl every year.

To be fair though, the Steelers' on-field success has nothing to do with the fanbase. Most Steelers fans are fans due to being from Pittsburgh/western Pennsylvania. So they're not bandwagoners, they're simply fans who's local team has been successful. The fans have nothing to do with that, they're just along for the ride.

Now if you want to complain that they've taken the success of their team as an excuse to act like jerks you may have something there. I'm not buying your "there's no sacrifice!" argument though. Their geographically significant team just happens to win more times then not.

You can say that the NFL has had a hand in making things easy for the team, but really that doesn't hold up. Why would the NFL choose to expend so much effort to constantly make things easy for a team from western Pennsylvania?

The Patriots, Jets, Giants, Bears, sure, ok. They're in huge media/high profile markets. No disrespect to the fine people of Pittsburgh, but the city/market is not that special. The idea that there's an ongoing conspiracy to give their team an easy ride above all others seems ludicrous to me.

No offence, but the whole thing from Lights Out and yourself comes off as the petty whining of jealous Bengals and Chargers fans (and I say that as a Chargers fan, a Chargers fan who remembers the 2000 1-15 season).

I have no horse in this playoff game race...but somehow, someway, I expect to see and hear a LOT of controversy regarding the officiating in this game come tomorrow...if not later tonight.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

call da waaahhmbalaps

To be fair though, the Steelers' on-field success has nothing to do with the fanbase. Most Steelers fans are fans due to being from Pittsburgh/western Pennsylvania. So they're not bandwagoners, they're simply fans who's local team has been successful. The fans have nothing to do with that, they're just along for the ride.

Now if you want to complain that they've taken the success of their team as an excuse to act like jerks you may have something there. I'm not buying your "there's no sacrifice!" argument though. Their geographically significant team just happens to win more times then not.

You can say that the NFL has had a hand in making things easy for the team, but really that doesn't hold up. Why would the NFL choose to expend so much effort to constantly make things easy for a team from western Pennsylvania?

The Patriots, Jets, Giants, Bears, sure, ok. They're in huge media/high profile markets. No disrespect to the fine people of Pittsburgh, but the city/market is not that special. The idea that there's an ongoing conspiracy to give their team an easy ride above all others seems ludicrous to me.

No offence, but the whole thing from Lights Out and yourself comes off as the petty whining of jealous Bengals and Chargers fans (and I say that as a Chargers fan, a Chargers fan who remembers the 2000 1-15 season).

I am whiny and jealous. I'll admit that straight up, but to get to where I am as a fan I've had to endure many years of losing that fans of the Steelers simply haven't had to endure. Their arbitrarily selected favorite football team has had more success than my arbitrarily selected favorite football team and it's not freaking fair. How they came to be a fan is not relevant to my argument. I don't care if you were born in Pittsburgh or if you're a bandwagon fan. My argument is simply that it's easy to be a Steelers fan because they never have had to endure any hardships and because it's so easy for them, I don't respect fans of the Steelers. They're the rich kids of the NFL. Simple as that analogy.

I get what you're saying that the league wouldn't rationally conspire to put Pittsburgh in the Super Bowl, which is why it makes no sense that they seemingly always get just the right call at just the right time. For example, the defensive holding call on the goalline tonight. I've watched a lot of Steelers games and there isn't a more consistently lucky team in the NFL.

Name the last time when the Steelers were just flat out hopeless? It was the GD 60's. 80% of their fanbase wasn't even alive. There isn't a sacrifice to be a Steelers fan. It's easy, just like being a Yankees fan is easy.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm going to give Pittsburgh some credit here. It may have been a sloppy game, but the Steelers pulled it out at the end. Kinda helps when Big Ben can throw the long ball, you know.

Oh, and go Seattle! Let the dream live on!

Archived