2011 MLB Season Thread

Gary

Congrats to the Tigers, good luck in the post-season, assuming you stay as hot as you are.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Other than Buster Posey and MAYBE Pablo, there shouldn't be a single position player for the Giants who isn't considered expendable.

Freddy Sanchez was probably the best hitter on the team when he got injured. Of course, the frequent injuries are the problem. Keppinger's pretty consistent, and I'd keep Cody Ross, too, who is streaky but can still get a big hit (breaking up a no-hitter in the 7th a few weeks ago). Crazy to think Pablo would be expendable; with all the injuries he's playing through and still producing he could be the heart of the team.

There is something very big happening in the Twins - White Sox game.

You had me excited there for a second. Then, I looked at the score. :(

And, it's broken up. Great effort by Stewart - 7 perfect innings!

I'll take a one-hitter any day.

The House That Trading Away Players Built is really coming along nicely.

LOL.

Jays win was great today. Great pitching and huge walkoff by Brett Lawrie. The jump on to homeplate was awesome but I had flashes of Kendry Morales.

The little I've seen of Lawrie, I've been impressed.

The House That Trading Away Players Built is really coming along nicely.

LOL.

Jays win was great today. Great pitching and huge walkoff by Brett Lawrie. The jump on to homeplate was awesome but I had flashes of Kendry Morales.

The little I've seen of Lawrie, I've been impressed. Even though the Yankees just swept the Jays, his play stood out.

Ya he's a smart defender and a great hitter. I really like how much passion he brings to the team.

Strasburg is the real deal. Now if only the Nats could find some relievers who don't think their job involves imitating a pitching machine set to 80 mph and aimed right down the middle of the plate.

Strasburg is the real deal. Now if only the Nats could find some relievers who don't think their job involves imitating a pitching machine set to 80 mph and aimed right down the middle of the plate.

Duck, do you like Davey Johnson? I kind of hate him. Some of his decisions make absolutely NO sense. Bringing in Doug "let me lose this for you" Slaten in after Strasburg? Stupid. Then bringing in Brad Peacock, our promising STARTING pitching prospect, for his first MLB experience as not a starter, but a reliever trying to clean up Slaten's mess against Matt Kemp of all people? Very Very Very Stupid.

90758391980.gif

Archived