Logos associated with failure.

BadSeed84

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

SuperAmerica - Wikipedia

Super America gas station, based pretty much entirely in Minnesota. Was a subsidiary of Marathon, so the logo might be familiar. Anyway, the story is is that Marathon sold Speedway, another Midwestern gas station brand, to the parent company of 7-Eleven, for $21 billion dollars. Seven & i Holdings, the parent company, turned all the Super Americas into Speedways. Overall, SuperAmerica had some fairly mediocre gas stations.

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

1 hour ago, Bruhammydude said:

Super America gas station, based pretty much entirely in Minnesota. Was a subsidiary of Marathon, so the logo might be familiar. Anyway, the story is is that Marathon sold Speedway, another Midwestern gas station brand, to the parent company of 7-Eleven, for $21 billion dollars. Seven & i Holdings, the parent company, turned all the Super Americas into Speedways. Overall, SuperAmerica had some fairly mediocre gas stations.

And in the East coast, Marathon is known for buying the Hess gas stations and turning them to Speedway.

Edited by TrueYankee26
forgot to remove the large superamerica logo on the quote
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2021 at 9:48 PM, panthers_2012 said:

Surprised no one says this yet:

spacer.png

Broken image. What did it say?

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

2684_vegas_golden_knights-primary-2018.p

Not sure I agree here. An expansion franchise that made the Finals their first year, has been a contender every season since.  I know you are a Habs fan, but if we look at this more critically, I'd say this has been a pretty successful logo (so far).

• Like 14

15 minutes ago, Quillz said:

Not sure I agree here. An expansion franchise that made the Finals their first year, has been a contender every season since.  I know you are a Habs fan, but if we look at this more critically, I'd say this has been a pretty successful logo (so far).

It's also the logo of a team that then choked away a 3-1 series lead in the first round against the choke-master Sharks the year after that in impossible fashion, then nearly got swept by Dallas in the bubble WCF and has now added "got beaten by a team everybody expected them to absolutely maul" this year.

Vegas is looking a whole lot more like a Toronto than a Tampa Bay at this point; a paper tiger.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Quillz said:

A few reasons. Not solely because they lost. Vegas started by losing the Cup in year one, their 1st "heartbreak" because a lot of their fans already wanted a Cup or bust. That probably includes Gary Bettman himself. In the following years, they were dominant but blew opportunities to go all the way in spectacular chokes, at least twice. Against Montreal, they threw everything including the kitchen sink at the Habs with horrible officiating calls that made the news, and not only did it make them look like a joke, but they still lost.

At first, they went out of their way to make sure the team was an attraction, amazing jerseys, on-ice spetacles, a witty twitter account runner, etc. But when they got desperate, the bias officiating affected how they are perceived. Even if it wasn't their call to have Chris Lee ref and favor the Golden Knights, it still isn't a good look on them.

True that they're still a young team with lots of years ahead of them, but thus far they have their share of fails.

• Like 1