Logos/Uniforms Gone Too Soon

BlackBolt3

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

vh1h2mjezx5zqgxzmfgyxapq7.gif

Crappy beer, crappy league, crappy arena, good logo.

You know - that particular version is a bad trace of the official primary mark.

I've got an official logosheet of it, but not a real vector version. I believe that one came from the old, beloved theSLE site (R.I.P.). I should scan it and have one of you expert AI tracers do it up right.

...oh, and speaking of the Sacramento Kings and mascot logos, there's this:

SacramentoKings_ALT0100a_2006_SCC_SRGB.png

This one was created in conjunction with those odd Metallic Gold alt uniforms that the Kings wore in 2005-2006 through 2006-2007. Never saw it used anywhere, but I think it's interesting...

...oh, and speaking of the Sacramento Kings and mascot logos, there's this:

SacramentoKings_ALT0100a_2006_SCC_SRGB.png

This one was created in conjunction with those odd Metallic Gold alt uniforms that the Kings wore in 2005-2006 through 2006-2007. Never saw it used anywhere, but I think it's interesting...

Slamson!!!!

Call me crazy but I wouldn't complain if that.....that was used as the team's primary :Oo:

Me either. It's a better logo than a lot of NBA primaries. It's actually better than the Raptors dribbling dinosaur logo.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Call me crazy but I wouldn't complain if that.....that was used as the team's primary :Oo:

Me either. It's a better logo than a lot of NBA primaries. It's actually better than the Raptors dribbling dinosaur logo.

Just change the mane to white and I'm sold. That looks awesome!

I'm not sure I get the love for the Germanic look, though. Then again, some of you like the ball-in-glove. *shrug*

Well I like both, so there! :P

The BiG unis had great colors (even powder blue worked with them) and were worn by some great teams, but they were pretty standard/generic for the most part. The current unis are full of turn-of-the-21st-century design trends and look have them looking more like Miller's team than Milwaukee's (isn't it enough that they play at MILLER Park?). But the Germanic unis were uniquely Milwaukee and the double outlines on the script and numbers solved the problem of the gold washing out into the road greys (one of my biggest gripes with the current duds).

I'm not sure I get the love for the Germanic look, though. Then again, some of you like the ball-in-glove. *shrug*

The Germanic look was unique, appropriate for the city and team name, and once it was refined (getting rid of the weird Motre Bame logo and tweaking the wordmarks) it looked great. The only change I'd make is to get rid of navy and just roll with green and old gold.

And best of all, it wasn't that generic Ball-in-Glove crap. B)

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Not gone soon enough, you mean.

As always, my unpopular opinion: The Brewers currently look the best they ever have. (Not that it's perfect; I'd make some tweaks.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

As always, my unpopular opinion: The Brewers currently look the best they ever have. (Not that it's perfect; I'd make some tweaks.)

This. What a baseball glove has to do with Brewers or beer is beyond me. That could be a logo for the Batavia Muckdogs, Binghamton Mets, Billings Mustangs, Mississippi Braves, Mobile BayBears, or the Montgomery Biscuits.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

dr-who-rain_zpscc0423d4.gif

I liked how this looked on our uniforms. Hope it doesn't take another devastating hurricane to see it.

0iu3h5pjaqmhp9svx7gt.gifjason_craft_2006_08_31.jpg

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

This. What a baseball glove has to do with Brewers or beer is beyond me. That could be a logo for the Batavia Muckdogs, Binghamton Mets, Billings Mustangs, Mississippi Braves, Mobile BayBears, or the Montgomery Biscuits.

What does the Boston Bruins logo have to do with bears? What does the Cowboys logo have to do with ranchers or rodeo riders? Do you have any idea how many well-regarded logos would suddenly "suck" if held to that standard?

I would argue that the BiG has done what a sports logo is supposed to do (connect with the community, sell merch, etc.) better than at least 90% of the current major pro sports logos. Besides, I think there's something to be said for logos that don't take themselves too seriously. Who cares if the BiG is just a clever way to display that the teams initials are MB and they play baseball?

Archived