New Jaguars Uniforms

PaleVermilion81

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HATE: That G*d-awful helmet

LOVE: The return to teal numbers

TO BE DETERMINED: The black numbers on the teal jerseys.

Overall? Not as bad as I thought; that helmet is amateur though.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Amazed the NFL allowed this to happen.

This is what happens when the one helmet rule backfires. I have to think that if Jacksonville were allowed to have a black helmet and a gold helmet they wouldn't have attempted the two-tone.

Or, you know, they could have decided to not look like idiots and just gone with a single coloured helmet.

This is what happens when the one helmet rule backfires. I have to think that if Jacksonville were allowed to have a black helmet and a gold helmet they wouldn't have attempted the two-tone.

Or, you know, they could have decided to not look like idiots and just gone with a single coloured helmet.

Get over yourself for once.

At what point, aesthetically, did we give up the idea of design that worked, and start focusing in on things that gave shock value, pushed the envelope too far, and ultimately, only produce stuff for people to talk about?

Since Nike, HGI, and Oregon started crapping all over the idea of good uniform design.

MAAAAATTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEE FOOOOOOTBAAAAALLLLL HELMETSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope they die a horrible death. Not one matte helmet has ever looked good and this is the worst one I've ever seen. Two tone? Glossy gold with barely a fade into matte black, which actually looks kinda brown because of the finish.

Agreed. Just a total clusterf*** of ideas here.

The uniforms aren't bad from the neck down for going full-modern. Better than Seattle's, I'd say. There's a decent color balance - better than they've had in 10 years, probably. The front shield is silly and unnecessary, and I wonder about the visibility of the black numbers on the teal jersey.

The helmet, however, is an atrocity. And given that the helmet is the most important part of an NFL team's branding and identity, this redesign effort is a failure unless they do something to fix that lid.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The helmet is terrible, and the explanation they gave for why they did it made it even worse.

They'll find a reason to justify anything.

They described it as a jaguar emerging from the dark into the light to attack. Except, you know, the light part is in the back and the front of the jaguar is in the black part of the helmet.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I should have seen this coming...a bad logo redesign followed by terrible unis.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Get over yourself for once.

Seriously though, stop seeing criticism of anyhing this team does as a personal insult.

The helmet is pretty bad....but I also don't get their description of it

If a Jaguar is leaping from the shadows......wouldn't the "shadow" aka Black be in the back?

I think if they did the gold in front and black in the back it wouldnt work. The black in the front makes the most sense

The helmet is terrible, and the explanation they gave for why they did it made it even worse.

They'll find a reason to justify anything.

They described it as a jaguar emerging from the dark into the light to attack. Except, you know, the light part is in the back and the front of the jaguar is in the black part of the helmet.

It's a stupid idea for helmet inspiration to begin with. Wouldn't have looked any better or made any more sense if the colors were flipped.

The helmet is pretty bad....but I also don't get their description of it

If a Jaguar is leaping from the shadows......wouldn't the "shadow" aka Black be in the back?

The entire franchise is ass-backwards. The fuc king Jaguar is jumping into the shadow.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

The jerseys aren't horrible, but that helmet is seriously unattractive. After looking at everything again and again, I'm not nearly as high on them as I was initially.

Seattle's are tame compared to these, and much better looking.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Man. It's not that hard. The Jaguar hunts from the shadows, so creeping into the shadows (fading to black) means it is preparing to kill.

But yeah. Helmets will definitely have to grow on me. Everything else is ace.

Archived