2013 NFL Draft

CS85

Some players that were projected for the 1st round that are still available for tonight:

Geno Smith

Matt Barkley

Ryan Nassib

Eddie Lacy

Keenan Allen

Robert Woods

Justin Hunter

Menelik Watson

Damontre Moore

Tank Carradine

Margus Hunt

Jesse Williams

John Hankins

Arthur Brown

Manti Te'o

Kevin Minter

Jamar Taylor

Johnthan Banks

Johnathan Cyprien

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a huge fan of the Fluker pick - I know the Chargers needed O-line help but this was a reach. Telesco could have traded down and had him for cheaper. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

That being said, the Raiders and Patriots are the biggest losers of the draft so far, IMO. Oakland got bent over by Miami in that trade and then topped it off by reaching for DJ Hayden. Meanwhile, the media is falling all over themselves praising Belichick for trading down, but he might have missed a big opportunity to upgrade the Pats' anemic receiving core. Now they have to find some absolute steals in the late rounds, which is definitely possible, but Belichick's drafts haven't been that great lately.

EDIT: How could I forget the Cowboys? Good lord, that was an awful pick. Seriously: a slow center with a 2nd round ceiling with much better talent left on the board? Jerruh is the new Al Davis.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I'm happy they filled a need. Hard not to improve over Phil F-ing Costa.

They did reach though. The guy would've been there in round two and Dallas could've had shareef Floyd.

Six more rounds to go though

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Yes they filled a need but I can't look past how often they reach on players that don't pan out over guys that were the sure thing. I'm still salty over passing on Steven Jackson.

Oh and dfw they are my Cowboys. No different than when anyone else calls their favorite team their own. I'm a fan, its what we do.

Kyle Long. I'm just going to expect nothing and see where that goes

I like Kyle Long, but I think the Bears could have gotten him later. Apparently they were only going to trade down if Long was already taken, so maybe there was more interest in him than I thought. Oh well, I'm willing to give the front office the benefit of the doubt since they weren't responsible for the previous first round o-line misses.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

They did reach though. The guy would've been there in round two and Dallas could've had shareef Floyd.

I think there's a reason why a bunch of teams passed on Floyd that needed D-Line help. Frederick is a bit of a reach, but there are a lot of people saying this is a good pick, especially considering he has ability to be flexed into the Guard spots and has more athletic ability then Phil Costa or Ryan Cook.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

I think there's a reason why a bunch of teams passed on Floyd that needed D-Line help. Frederick is a bit of a reach, but there are a lot of people saying this is a good pick, especially considering he has ability to be flexed into the Guard spots and has more athletic ability then Phil Costa or Ryan Cook.

Costa was an undrafted FA and they traded a late round pick on Cook was going to be cut by MIA. They also have David Arkin who they used a 2011 4th round pick (110th overall) on who has yet to see the field.

Who was the Wisconsin HC? Bret Bielema. Who is the Arkansas HC now? Bret Bielema Who do you think Jerry had immediate access to? Bret Bielema

This is a team who does not do well in drafting players in rounds 2-4 and they have mutiple picks there.

#headshake

Once I saw Dallas traded out of 18 I was a little peeved.

Once I saw they drafted a damn center at 31... Grr.

Shareef Floyd. Coulda been a Cowboy. #firegarret

Garrett is the least of your issues......big issue is the owner who thinks he can be a GM.

Newest Lion Ziggy Ansah wore some really high-end glasses on draft day.

nY7tA04.jpg

He be stylin' and profilin'.

But, seriously; Real3D glasses?

The backstory is that he's had them since seeing the first Thor movie and he would wear them around BYU's campus as a joke. Some of his friends dared him to wear them during the draft and he took em up on it. According to him, it's more of a personality thing than a fashion statement.

^ I can dig that story.

2nd round will be entertaining as hell I think -- a lot more skill guys should go. I'm excited about the depth at WR and RB in this class, lots of guys that are full of potential, so I think we'll see some surprises out of this class at those positions.

That 1st round was interesting. LOTS of reaches -- looking at you, Chicago, Oakland, Dallas, Buffalo, and NYG.

^ I can dig that story.

2nd round will be entertaining as hell I think -- a lot more skill guys should go. I'm excited about the depth at WR and RB in this class, lots of guys that are full of potential, so I think we'll see some surprises out of this class at those positions.

That 1st round was interesting. LOTS of reaches -- looking at you, Chicago, Oakland, Dallas, Buffalo, and NYG.

It's hard to call drafting an offensive lineman a reach in a draft where the first round was comprised of more offensive lineman than any draft in history. Just the nature of the output from this year's class.

---

I'll update the original post with results from Round 2 as well, but that's all.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

...and Manti Te'o is officially a San Diego Charger, Geno Smith goes to the Jets.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

...and Manti Te'o is officially a San Diego Charger.

Cue LightsOut's rant in 3...2...1...

Bah. Te'o can be a very solid inside linebacker in a 3-4. His problem is lateral speed, but as a cog-filler he could be good.

twitter

...and Manti Te'o is officially a San Diego Charger.

Cue LightsOut's rant in 3...2...1...

Bah. Te'o can be a very solid inside linebacker in a 3-4. His problem is lateral speed, but as a cog-filler he could be good.

His problem is that he went to Notre freakin' Dame and beat his meat to an imaginary girlfriend.

Archived