2014 MLB Changes (logo, uniform wise, etc)

TheFloridianLogoMan

The Dodgers are wearing their regular 'Los Angeles' road uniforms for the first time in forever tonight in Anaheim. I'm pleasantly surprised to see them as I thought for sure they'd be wearing the 'Dodgers' ones since those have taken over as the de facto road jerseys and especially since it's not really an "away" game.

I wouldn't expect them to wear anything other than the "Los Angeles" jerseys in the Anaheim games. It's them thumbing their nose at the Angels and saying "we actually are from LA."

That being said, just as I and others called, the awful "Dodgers" road jerseys have become the primary road set. It's a shame. Just as the Giants started the trend of bringing back collar piping, they also started the horrible trend of wearing pointless gray road alternates which are worse than the regular roads. The Dodgers and Cubs joined in, and I wouldn't be surprised to see others jump on that ship in the near future. With as dumb as the White Sox were in replacing their sock patch with the primary logo, I expect to see them come out with a gray version of their home jersey (minus pinstripes). This trend needs to die.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Dodgers are wearing their regular 'Los Angeles' road uniforms for the first time in forever tonight in Anaheim. I'm pleasantly surprised to see them as I thought for sure they'd be wearing the 'Dodgers' ones since those have taken over as the de facto road jerseys and especially since it's not really an "away" game.

I wouldn't expect them to wear anything other than the "Los Angeles" jerseys in the Anaheim games. It's them thumbing their nose at the Angels and saying "we actually are from LA."

That being said, just as I and others called, the awful "Dodgers" road jerseys have become the primary road set. It's a shame. Just as the Giants started the trend of bringing back collar piping, they also started the horrible trend of wearing pointless gray road alternates which are worse than the regular roads. The Dodgers and Cubs joined in, and I wouldn't be surprised to see others jump on that ship in the near future. With as dumb as the White Sox were in replacing their sock patch with the primary logo, I expect to see them come out with a gray version of their home jersey (minus pinstripes). This trend needs to die.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, that they were making a statement like, "we're the the *real* LA team!" I was glad to see them because while the 'Dodgers' version isn't bad, it's really unnecessary and the 'Los Angeles' version is far superior.

Per our intrepid leader, the Rays' fauxback Sunday at Wrigley will be powder blue with yellow sleeves. There's no white at all on the jersey. They better be sporting white pants, or that hat isn't going to go with anything.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Per our intrepid leader, the Rays' fauxback Sunday at Wrigley will be powder blue with yellow sleeves. There's no white at all on the jersey. They better be sporting white pants, or that hat isn't going to go with anything.

Whoa. Not what I was expecting. Looks out of place in that photo. No white at all. Pants will have to be.

EDIT: I see there is a little white now with the higher-res picture. Still... the distribution of colors on the cap vs. jersey seems off.

Oh, God, if the Rays go with yellow pants...

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Tampa Bay San Diego PadRays.

I believe you are correct. I do not have the source, but I do remember hearing (or reading) that their fake throwbacks were purposely replicated from those Padre uniforms as a poke at teams wearing ugly uniforms from the past.

Orioles 1954 Throwbacks to be worn tonight in celebration of the team's 60th Anniversary in Baltimore. The game worn jerseys are being auctioned off after the game.

img-254632-m.jpgimg-254634-m.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Orioles 1954 Throwbacks to be worn tonight in celebration of the team's 60th Anniversary in Baltimore. The game worn jerseys are being auctioned off after the game.

If only the Cardinals were dressing as the St. Louis Browns...

save that for the nba...but then didn't the brewers or some other team throw back to the braves?

If only the Cardinals were dressing as the St. Louis Browns...

Why? The Orioles were the Browns, not the Cardinals.

Archived