College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The blues are essentially throwbacks. They are...let's say influenced...by the 1989 team's uniforms. So the font may not "work," but it's not without precedent. Te helmet stripe didn't "match" before, either. And mono-blue is unlikely, as it's about the only combination they've not worn under Cutcliffe.

Is this the back of the new Duke away uniform?

7_2967142.jpg

If so, I will miss the stripes on the shoulders, but I am just glad they did not remove them altogether.

That's a terribly mismatched look. Single stripe on the helmet, two stripes on the jersey and pants, double outline on the numbers that doesn't match the sleeve stripes. Downgrade IMO.

Only one of these things you've pointed out was not also true of the last set...

7_2967142.jpg

If so, I will miss the stripes on the shoulders, but I am just glad they did not remove them altogether.

Here is the another combination. I am glad the facemask is white.

BsgbCkGCAAAezG5.jpg

Are their no blue pants? If so, I commend them on their restraint. Chances are, though, there are blue pants also, and we'll be subjected to yet another boring monocombo.

Duke.PNG
What is with this stupid trend of skin-tight jerseys with numbers that crinkle up so you can hardly read them? The black jersey above is a perfect example of this.

BsgbCkGCAAAezG5.jpg

Those new Duke uniforms are ugly as :censored:! Their old uniforms are the most underrated in College Football.

duke-football.jpg

Too bad the uniforms are colts knock offs. Just like Iowa, duke was ineligible from getting any positive feedback due to the negative score in the originality department.

Well, except that Duke wore those uniforms in the 1960s too when it was a power, so technically they were throwbacks.

7_2967142.jpg

BsgbCkGCAAAezG5.jpg

Are their no blue pants? If so, I commend them on their restraint. Chances are, though, there are blue pants also, and we'll be subjected to yet another boring monocombo.

Duke.PNG
What is with this stupid trend of skin-tight jerseys with numbers that crinkle up so you can hardly read them? The black jersey above is a perfect example of this.

What? He has the jersey rolled up

7_2967142.jpg

That's a terribly mismatched look. Single stripe on the helmet, two stripes on the jersey and pants, double outline on the numbers that doesn't match the sleeve stripes. Downgrade IMO.

Only one of these things you've pointed out was not also true of the last set...

Hence, it's a downgrade. I never said the last set was without flaws.

7_2967142.jpg

BsgbCkGCAAAezG5.jpg

Duke.PNG

What? He has the jersey rolled up

You guys are really missing the humor with 91 (81?).

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Any idea when Oregon plans to unveil their full set for 2014/2015? I assume the black and white jersey's shown at the end of last year will be worn but have to think there will be at least 1 green one and likely a yellow one too

Any idea when Oregon plans to unveil their full set for 2014/2015? I assume the black and white jersey's shown at the end of last year will be worn but have to think there will be at least 1 green one and likely a yellow one too

I thought they were adding those jerseys to the rotation, and not getting a new set for at least another year.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived