College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wisconsin has had their issues with Adidas, but moreso with Nike. The UW has very strict guidelines regarding production of apparel and Nike once lost their contract to produce stuff for Wisconsin when I was in school. I could see them dropping Adidas, since they seem to be falling off the college football boat, but they may be hard pressed to find someone who fits their strict guidelines.

Don't forget Ohio and Georgia Tech rocking the vintage Russell.

Kidding aside, Adidas seems to do well with classic uniforms. I mean, just look that list - Michigan, A&M, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Miss. State, UCLA - they're all teams with very classic, simple and clean looks. I think most fans have learned to deal with the garbage alternates that most designers create these days, but for the week-in, week-out stuff, Adidas hasn't done too terribly.

That being said, I'd love to see what Under Armor could do with some of those teams. I feel like Nike might try to... well, "Nike" them. UA seems to have some nice alternates - Northwestern, Maryland.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Kidding aside, Adidas seems to do well with classic uniforms. I mean, just look that list - Michigan, A&M, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Miss. State, UCLA - they're all teams with very classic, simple and clean looks. I think most fans have learned to deal with the garbage alternates that most designers create these days, but for the week-in, week-out stuff, Adidas hasn't done too terribly.

That being said, I'd love to see what Under Armor could do with some of those teams. I feel like Nike might try to... well, "Nike" them. UA seems to have some nice alternates - Northwestern, Maryland.

im one of the few that love the Honeycomb look, helmets and all

B0vH3wjIEAEXXJw.jpg

Now that is interesting...

Looks like their contract is up next year. Has UM been pitched yet or is this an early pitch presentation? Given how the corporate world works, UA likely has a powerpoint presentation template done for every single school that has an expiring contract for the next 2 years. That way they just refresh the numbers and can copy/paste the same text over and over again. Problem is that UA can't afford to overbid on many more flagship deals if they are break even or loss leader proposals. With adi basically retreating UA does look to be backing into the #2 spot pretty quickly but if they want to go toe to toe with the swoosh they could end up taking a serious financial hit.

B0vH3wjIEAEXXJw.jpg

Now that is interesting...

Looks like their contract is up next year. Has UM been pitched yet or is this an early pitch presentation? Given how the corporate world works, UA likely has a powerpoint presentation template done for every single school that has an expiring contract for the next 2 years. That way they just refresh the numbers and can copy/paste the same text over and over again. Problem is that UA can't afford to overbid on many more flagship deals if they are break even or loss leader proposals. With adi basically retreating UA does look to be backing into the #2 spot pretty quickly but if they want to go toe to toe with the swoosh they could end up taking a serious financial hit.

I don't think Adidas is fully retreating. I think they just realized that having a smaller selection of schools, with just enough brand recognition to generate sales is better than bidding and paying one or two schools X amount of dollars over market value just to have them in their equipment. Just not worth it . Better money to be made with the NBA contract and the wacky basketball stuff they have

Michigan's deal is $8.2M+ per year . No way they try to re-bid on a team losing stock fast.

By 2016-2017, I think that would be saving over 15-20 million per year alone if they don't bid on these contracts anymore

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

B0vH3wjIEAEXXJw.jpg

Michigan using Royal Blue?

I'm going out on a limb here, but to me, maybe, it looks like a neon blue? Maybe UA trying to sell Mich a wild color a la Oregon:Volt :: Michigan:Battery Acid Blue

obviously a little crazy, but just a thought.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

1495151_10154828100840249_10607706713585

(Sorry, this is random...) First reaction to the Mississippi's in the numbers was that they reminded me of Carl from the Simpsons. I can't unsee them.

Carl11.gif

Also, I love how Adidas couldn't turn out a white version of the anniversary jersey, but they still have to produce their special Egg Bowl jersey.

I already have enough things to remember

ip1GVgP.jpg

B0vH3wjIEAEXXJw.jpg

I'm going out on a limb here, but to me, maybe, it looks like a neon blue? Maybe UA trying to sell Mich a wild color a la Oregon:Volt :: Michigan:Battery Acid Blue

I wouldn't put too much stock into the brightness of that blue--it may just be a byproduct of whatever photo(shop) filter they applied to that image. Plus its being projected onto that screen so that alone may make the highlights seem brighter...that "maize" looks dang near white as is in that image too.

And...after staring at that photo again, I'm now 100% convinced those are UnderArmour cleats and UA logos. Presuming Click-Clack does indeed win the Michigan contract, if UA gives Michigan the Auburn treatment, I think they'll be in good shape for a good long while.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

This

img24073345.jpg

is not ok. This is not "doing well"

This

img24073345.jpg

If by "doing well" you mean "getting run over by semi trucks on the LA Freeway" then yes, they are doing well.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

B0vH3wjIEAEXXJw.jpg

I would almost bet anything that a change in the Blue and Maize will not happend or at least not be that drastic, not with their alumni base and supporters.

This

img24073345.jpg

I'll give you the road tread.

But that's a pretty recent change. Mostly, adidas has done well with the classic looks:

940x.jpg

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

http://www.arkansasfight.com/2014/11/5/7162633/arkansas-missouri-battle-line-rivalry-presented-by-shelter-insurance

Further evidence there are too many marketing consultants in this country and some need to be drug out into the street and shot.

/Agrees ARMOgeddon and Ozarkalypse would have been better.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

This

img24073345.jpg

I'll give you the road tread.

But that's a pretty recent change. Mostly, adidas has done well with the classic looks:

940x.jpg

well, of these two schools, yes, they still look pretty good. I think the Michigan alts have been more good than bad. Of other classic schools mentioned, the Huskers alts= crap, UCLA alts = crap. A&M has been crap except for the throwback last week. I still can't figure out why Adidas still uses the tire tread. NO WHERE does it look good.

Maybe the UCLA tire treads is an homage to LA Traffic.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

http://www.arkansasfight.com/2014/11/5/7162633/arkansas-missouri-battle-line-rivalry-presented-by-shelter-insurance

Further evidence there are too many marketing consultants in this country and some need to be drug out into the street and shot.

/Agrees ARMOgeddon and Ozarkalypse would have been better.

Picked up my ARMOgeddon shirt last week. That name originated from our Missouri chapters of the Arkansas Alumni Association. We are putting on a big tailgate activity before the game and named it ARMOgeddon.

I suggested the Battle for Branson when we were submitting names at that particular meeting. The premise was the loser gets Branson. Unfortunately, it got shot down in the end.

Archived