infrared41

Your first jersey...

My first were both hand-me-downs

One was a navy long sleeve chargers jersey and the other one was a black shaq magic jersey

Steve Young 49ers LogoAthletic replica, from my grandma. I'm pretty sure it was for my 9th birthday (1996), because I remember wearing it to school on the first day of 4th grade, which was just a few days after my birthday.

Julius Erving jersey by Sand Knit. I ordered it from a catalog in '83 or '84 (still have it tucked away in my closet).

$_35.JPG

Team Canada 2002 black alt when I was like, 6 or something.

668.jpg

That's not my actual jersey, but it's the same one. My dad got it for me when I was like 10. At the time, I thought the silver trim and the "TML" monogram were so cool. Ah, my young little mind... :D

I believe mine was a #80 Lavernaues Coles Redskins jersey that I got when I was about 6 or 7. Quickly, that was replaced by countless other Redskins jerseys as the constant stream of overpriced and underperforming talent entered and exited the Nation's Capitol. Portis, Arrington, Campbell (x2), Ramsey, and now Griffin (let us pray...)

My first jersey was one of these:

mnhRHxr9uVuDBrKS6TU_9YQ.jpg

At the time, I thought the silver trim and the "TML" monogram were so cool. Ah, my young little mind... :D

They were; don't let the boring people tell you differently.

I don't know for sure which jersey was my first, but I know the year had to be 1993. We're talking Charles Barkley for the Phoenix Suns (purple), a Shaquille O'Neal Orlando Magic (black), and a blank home Florida Marlins jersey. '93 was a good year.

Warren Sapp jersey when I was very young.

My first "real" jersey was a Joey Galloway jersey that I still own, however has gone through some tough years (my sister managed to burn it with a lamp). Still remember playing catch with my dads friends and every time I would do a touchdown, my white boy skinny arms would attempt to flex much like Galloway used to do after every touchdown. What an underrated player he was.

I believe mine was a #80 Lavernaues Coles Redskins jersey that I got when I was about 6 or 7. Quickly, that was replaced by countless other Redskins jerseys as the constant stream of overpriced and underperforming talent entered and exited the Nation's Capitol. Portis, Arrington, Campbell (x2), Ramsey, and now Griffin (let us pray...)

Portis underperformed? are you crazy he became a top 5 runner when he went to the skins after being a relative nobody with denver

In '96 or '97 I bought a Drew Bledsoe Patriots jersey for $10 at Ross. I still have it, and there's a picture of it in the jersey collections thread.

Mine looked something like this...

mHY0lM5VUzYkwfrm3QEkjlw.jpg

A kids Vikings jersey from the mid 70's. Probably Sand-Knit or Rawlings. Mine was a number 10, obviously. I got it for Christmas... back in those days it wasn't really easy to get non-local team apparel, and we lived in Columbus, Ohio. It seemed to me my parents had performed some kind of magic trick to acquire this. I was 10, and wore it until the iron-on numbers were just a mass of peels and chips.

For Christmas 2002, I got this jersey from my grandparents. Man, I was living the dream, with that screen-printed logo and missing shoulder patches. I still have it in a box.

d3vwmZ8.jpg

Can't find a picture of it, but it was sort of like this, only with a #5 for Don Majkowski. Majkowski switched to #7 the next year, but I didn't mind because 5 was my favorite number.

$%28KGrHqF,!oEFIIJuvJ0yBSDbG8Orbw~~60_35

Steve Young 49ers LogoAthletic replica, from my grandma. I'm pretty sure it was for my 9th birthday (1996), because I remember wearing it to school on the first day of 4th grade, which was just a few days after my birthday.

Wow, that is an absolutely scary mirror of my young life. Got this as my first jersey, wore it to my first day of 4th grade.

null_zps9a9508b8.jpg

null_zpsd773ec23.jpg

257-f.jpg

Blank 99-04 Ottawa Senators sublimated youth jersey. Didn't even fit me but I wore it everywhere.

Portis underperformed? are you crazy he became a top 5 runner when he went to the skins after being a relative nobody with denver

If a "relative nobody" means NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year and two seasons of 1,500 yards, then I totally agree.