Super Bowl XLVIII

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't believe the players wore stupid little hoodies during Media Day!

This may be geeky, but one of my favorite things about Super Bowl week was Media Day, the first time you saw all the players wearing the jerseys with the Super Bowl patch. I always thought it looked so cool.

Now, we've got them wearing some lame ass Nike hoodie. I'm usually a big nike supporter, but this is lameeee.140127_masepostcard_inside.jpg

I actually liked them. Love the team numbers on the chest. Where was media day held? If it was in MetLife the jerseys would've been too cold.

And do they even wear game jerseys or do Rey wear the fan jerseys?

I know the giants didn't wear the game jerseys during media day.

The Giants (and also the Bears in XLI) wore retail authentics to media day. I remember being shocked seeing linemen with full sleeves.

I thought that the tracksuits might be because they were outside, but media day was in the Prudential Center this year. It's crap. Ruining the nice little tradition just so Nike can push some crap track suits, of which they will sell 39.

They are the Sweatless top and pants and are indeed the warmups all NFL teams will wear in 2014.

OldRoman, 39, seriously? Some hate for Nike is warranted but please don't act as if they are neophytes in understanding the sports apparel market.

Those jackets are really cool. I imagine next season they are going to be team colored, and that will be really cool.

This could be a potentially big thing with people like Starter jackets or Letterman jackets. These are nice.

If they were in team colors that would be a big improvement, but unlike you, I'm not so sure it'll happen. Dark gray seems to be the default look in sports design today, with Nike leading the charge.

I can remember a time when myself, and others on this board, used to mention how strangely underused charcoal gray was in uniform design. Think about how many concepts utilizing dark gray you used to see on here. Well, we got our wish. For myself, I'm good, thank you, I've seen enough charcoal/anthracite/dark gray to last me a lifetime. How about some color that actually appears on the visible spectrum?

spectrum.jpg

OldRoman, 39, seriously? Some hate for Nike is warranted but please don't act as if they are neophytes in understanding the sports apparel market.

Yes, they will sell a few handfuls of these. People gobble up NFC/AFC champs and SB champs t-shirts. They don't gobble up Super Bowl branded jackets. You can't have these created at a local print shop like the t-shirts, either. The only way you can get these is to buy them online, and neither Eastbay or Nikestore has them available now. They might sell a decent amount next year if they make them for all teams, but something as expensive as that tracksuit, which has such a short shelf-life relating to the Super Bowl (i.e. losing team's fans aren't going to clamor for a $200 track suit to commemerate the loss next week), is not going to be a big seller at all.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Yes, they will sell a few handfuls of these. People gobble up NFC/AFC champs and SB champs t-shirts. They don't gobble up Super Bowl branded jackets. You can't have these created at a local print shop like the t-shirts, either. The only way you can get these is to buy them online. They might sell a decent amount next year if they make them for all teams, but something as expensive as that tracksuit, which has such a short shelf-life, is not going to be a big seller at all.

You forget the fat unathletic guy demographic. The jacket will move. The fan versions will likely have the team foundation year instead of customization. Look at USA soccer jackets

Yes, they will sell a few handfuls of these. People gobble up NFC/AFC champs and SB champs t-shirts. They don't gobble up Super Bowl branded jackets. You can't have these created at a local print shop like the t-shirts, either. The only way you can get these is to buy them online. They might sell a decent amount next year if they make them for all teams, but something as expensive as that tracksuit, which has such a short shelf-life, is not going to be a big seller at all.

You forget the fat unathletic guy demographic. The jacket will move. The fan versions will likely have the team foundation year instead of customization. Look at USA soccer jackets

My point is that they're ridiculously expensive and you can't get them anywhere except NFL Shop, which doesn't even have the pants. They will sell a few dozen of these, and Nike doesn't even care. It's just about putting this out there as an intro for all teams using them next year.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Yes, they will sell a few handfuls of these. People gobble up NFC/AFC champs and SB champs t-shirts. They don't gobble up Super Bowl branded jackets. You can't have these created at a local print shop like the t-shirts, either. The only way you can get these is to buy them online, and neither Eastbay or Nikestore has them available now. They might sell a decent amount next year if they make them for all teams, but something as expensive as that tracksuit, which has such a short shelf-life relating to the Super Bowl (i.e. losing team's fans aren't going to clamor for a $200 track suit to commemerate the loss next week), is not going to be a big seller at all.

its not so much about jackets they can sell to the public, its about branding the SB. they are creating the things players wear in their own image. they want you to associate the SB/Nike with each other. it gives a certain authenticity and recognition to each. the result is moving other product, not just this particular sweat jacket.

i think the sweats are OK. but count me in the camp that likes seeing the jerseys with the SB patch. for most people the media day is where they first get to see players in the jersey for the game. and even thought here are numbers on the chest, its not as easy to make out who these players are. the jackets for both teams are the same and its only one small number.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

its not so much about jackets they can sell to the public, its about branding the SB. they are creating the things players wear in their own image. they want you to associate the SB/Nike with each other. it gives a certain authenticity and recognition to each. the result is moving other product, not just this particular sweat jacket.

i think the sweats are OK. but count me in the camp that likes seeing the jerseys with the SB patch. for most people the media day is where they first get to see players in the jersey for the game. and even thought here are numbers on the chest, its not as easy to make out who these players are. the jackets for both teams are the same and its only one small number.

Broncos in their jerseys today.

Seahawks in Replica "Elite" jerseys I believe.

Wow...where to start? The Saints wore white in the SB they played in, which was not XLIII. This is the current Nike jersey with the awful "toilet-seat" collar and is displayed on what appears to be a female mannequin. Good grief.

14163002-mmmain.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I find the fact that we're two days past Media Day and we still don't have any real photos of the field very odd.

Every time I do a Getty Images search of MetLife Stadium, the aerial photos show the end zones still not in place and the Super Bowl Logos covered up. I imagine the possibility of the weather messing up the paint job might be causing the field crews to keep the end zones in storage since they're movable, but it's really driving me crazy.

I find the fact that we're two days past Media Day and we still don't have any real photos of the field very odd.

Every time I do a Getty Images search of MetLife Stadium, the aerial photos show the end zones still not in place and the Super Bowl Logos covered up. I imagine the possibility of the weather messing up the paint job might be causing the field crews to keep the end zones in storage since they're movable, but it's really driving me crazy.

I'm hoping they at least have the skyline Superbowl logo on the field.. Even though it's sloppy as hell at least it's different than previous years.

The nfl logo at midfield and the colored end zones are not paint.. They are actually colored field turf. Aka colored plastic. Actually the whole field is colored turf .. Most of it is colored green.

(Boise St. Doesn't paint the whole field blue they just use blue colored turf)

However I'm guessing they painted the Super Bowl logos on the turf which is why that is covered up.

No idea why they haven't installed the endzones yet other than it only takes about an hour to do it so I guess there's no rush until game day

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

The initial photos from the stadium last week showed two giant tents over the end zones, where they were being painted. I can't imagine they'd special order an end zone of custom color turf blades for a one-time event. Much cheaper to paint them - like they did in New Orleans last year.

https://twitter.com/SnyderEvents/status/427196969811865600

Me as Well....I can't believe we can't confirm or deny endzone colors this close to game time.

If the NFL knew They were torturing us design nerds this badly, maybe They would just show us a smidge of what we're DYING to see.

What a primitive world we're living in...

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Me as Well....I can't believe we can't confirm or deny endzone colors this close to game time.

If the NFL knew They were torturing us design nerds this badly, maybe They would just show us a smidge of what we're DYING to see.

What a primitive world we're living in...

Ditto. This is ridiculous! I make a stadium cake ever year for the SB and match the colors of the endzones on the cake's endzones. I'd like to know the colors by at least Sunday morning, Mr. Goodell!

Just noticed the NFL has killed off another Super Bowl tradition. The ticket no longer says "AFC-NFC World Championship Game" like the previous 47.

Well technically the first four said AFL/NFL and the fifth just said "Super Bowl V". :P

Just another example of intentionally trying to forget the "Blunder Bowl."

Archived