Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

TampaBayRays

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think what bothers me about these uniforms is that they're uninspired. Amateurish. They look like doodlings from the high school notebook of an aspiring graphic designer, the kind of stuff adults find 10 or 15 years on and chuckle over before we toss them in the trash.

And yet here they are, wrapped up in buzzwords and flowery verbiage and put forth to represent an NFL team by one of the world's foremost athletic suppliers.

Wow.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

LMAO, Damn Tampa you dun goofed! 2 reactions in the office today so far.

1.) "im gonna wait for someone to say they're not that bad and punch them in the face"

2.) *sighs, slams papers, and walks away*

Look, if BrandMoore can't find something nice to say about a design, it's game over.

I like the pants... and that's about all the good I can find in this.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Sigh. I just...

I mean the new ship logo...

I'm just gonna wait until they unveil the whole...

Oh who am I kidding? These :censored:ing suck. The ONE design element they had to copy from another team is the G-d damn Titans yoke? Are you :censored:ing kidding me, Malcolm Glazer? Yeah, these are about what I expected. :censored:ing garbage. Just like the team itself.

I know this is a sports logos and uniforms board, but has anyone ever straight up tapped out on a team because of a uniform change? Anyone ever actually gone as far as to take one look at a uniform and say "It was a good run, but I'm out. Here's my resignation letter". Because I'm pretty damn close.

Happened to me with the Anaheim Ducks way back when

Photo Doug Martin just posted on Instagram gives a better look at the colors, I think. More pewter, less black.

http://instagram.com/p/lFgkQDwv2u/

Oh, sure, take a photo service that has filters, adds grain, and generally makes images lower quality and trust the accuracy of colors.

:blink: C'mon guys....do better.

Oh I know, but by most accounts the helmet and pants are pewter and not black. I think that photo is likely a more accurate representation. You think otherwise?

LMAO, Damn Tampa you dun goofed! 2 reactions in the office today so far.

1.) "im gonna wait for someone to say they're not that bad and punch them in the face"

2.) *sighs, slams papers, and walks away*

Look, if BrandMoore can't find something nice to say about a design, it's game over.

I like the pants... and that's about all the good I can find in this.

I am reaction #1.

Kristopher "Baze" Bazen

www.krisbazen.com

@ CS85, the song was terrific. Several LOLs. Nice work.

Thanks. It killed a solid hour of work.

POTD doesn't seem to be enough. If the CCSLC had a Single-Post Hall of Fame, I feel like that would be first ballot.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Some on Reddit are claiming these are the alternate uniforms and not the regular away unis. So maybe there is hope? *gulp*

The write up on the Bucs website says that there are 2 jerseys, 2 sets of pants, and three sets of socks...so I'm willing to bet that Reddit is wrong on this one.

Am I missing this? Where does it say that?

Edit: My bad, found it. However, I thought that was referring to the "Elite 51" style Nike is going on about - as in there are two jersey cuts available, two pants cuts, etc. but that doesn't make sense as to why they would specify "one helmet." So, natural conclusion re: three sock options - pewter, red, orange(!)?

The three sock question is a good one. What colors? Obviously one pair is pewter to be worn on the road with the pewter pants (because somebody is an idiot) and presumably another will be red, to be worn with the red jersey, but what is the third? Nike doesn't do striped socks, so... orange? Black? Weird.

Wait... I just had terrible thought. The second pair of pants? Bet they're RED. I'll bet you the home uniform is red jersey over red pants over red socks!

Its about to get worse!

I would wager a lot of money that they have the monochrome home look

We'll find out someday that the new design was the result of someone high up with the Bucs saying, "Hey, do something about that stupid collar, will you?" :D

Vincent+Jackson+Tampa+Bay+Buccaneers+v+N

The only issue I had with the old set is a nitpick compared to the horror show they're rolling out now. The sleeve logo just wasn't well-suited for a sleeve.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

As a Jags fan (term used very loosely as I don't watch the NFL anymore) who lives in Tampa it's been funny to see the reactions of my friends who follow the Bucs. Feedback seems to be universally negative and I'm just saying yep now you know. Lol

Although to be honest, any uniform change would be a downgrade from what the Bucs had before IMO.

@ CS85, the song was terrific. Several LOLs. Nice work.

Thanks. It killed a solid hour of work.

POTD doesn't seem to be enough. If the CCSLC had a Single-Post Hall of Fame, I feel like that would be first ballot.

Early nom for Post of the Year, and single-post induction into the Gold-Mine.

Brb, re-reading it and mentally singing it for the 15th time.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived