Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

TampaBayRays

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Front+View.PNG

Back+View.PNG

Bg9l-4QIcAAQMQn.jpg

I hate how much the color changes in light...I mean I understand it would be darker with a dark background, but this is a little too extreme.

It kind of makes you wonder if Nike showed them the shiny Oregon helmets from the Rose Bowl Game and said "Eh? Ehhhh??? We do this, No?"

I actually like the new helmet. The colors and over sized decal make it really nice. I'm just frustrated at the entire process. They barely updated the logo and ultimately didn't do too much for the helmet, but it felt like LeBron's Decision show, an hour of nothing until a small reveal. The entire thing didn't warrant this much press. Many teams have done so much more with so much less press and attention. They easily could have released a press statement and a story on their website and have been done with it.

But I understand, this thing is nothing more than a merchandise boosting move. The updated logo wasn't necessary, but new gear is on the way. A new helmet wouldn't sell that much merchandise. But a new logo makes everyone think their gear is outdated. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

<initial impressions>

<1>wow....that is one big-a__ logo on the helmet...</1>

<2>I think the orange is bye-bye folks......</2>

<3>Sapp lied...this is not #Fire</3>

<4>I dislike the new wordmark font......</4>

<5>Hoping Colorwex confirms the new colors are Pewter, Red, Black, White</5>

<6>The new secondary logo is better</6>

</initial impressions>

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

Look, in terms of the NFL I lean towards the traditional classy look. And at first I hated Seattle's new identity. But it grew on me and now I think's its a modern classic. I'll have to wait and see how this looks on the field but the more I look at this Bucs helmet the more I love it. They didn't ruin the color scheme or completely overhaul anything. The helmet looks bolder and tougher, and I can't wait to see it in action.

...if the logo were just a tad smaller I'd actually like it. Not a huge fan of the chrome facemask but it could have been a LOT worse.

... you almost cant tell that the logo is on a flag.

Have you ever noticed that when they ask the person doing the unveiling if they like the changes (no matter if it's the dolphins, vikings, jags) they absolutely LOVE them. Like they'd actually say they didn't...

And...for all you Gradient fans, the Bucs have it,,,from an article on their website:

"Also unique to the Buccaneers’ look will be a hand-painted shading technique that uses a darker pewter color running vertically from the front of the helmet to the crown and along the ear-holes, providing a one-of-a-kind custom look."

that, my friends = gradient.....

sheeeeeeesh

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

Love the update. Didn't think the team's look needed changing prior to, except for the wordmark, but I think this will get them out of the 90's and make them exciting again in terms of appearance. I'm betting the Bucs and Nike took it pretty far considering they are essentially "pirates". Should be interested to see. I love how the helmet looks from straight on from the front and back, with the way the corners of the flag are designed.

Archived