New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

I'd honestly be surprised if a brown jersey even existed. Typical Browns, always screwing it up.

Well, you have to think about it from this perspective: The NFL has made a rule where brown jerseys are no longer allowed.

Source?
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/8_2013_Players_Subs_Equip_GeneralRules.pdf

48eufVw.jpg

cotw_sig_by_bucksfan5-d7bwj72.png

SugarBowl_zps07e2b2c9.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That bans like brown equipment unless it's striped. A browns player can't wear a football brown armsleeve but can wear a brown jersey. And if the current design is legit I'm pretty sure that the brown jersey would be broken by stripes.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

That bans like brown equipment unless it's striped. A browns player can't wear a football brown armsleeve but can wear a brown jersey. And if the current design is legit I'm pretty sure that the brown jersey would be broken by stripes.

Maybe I'm just looking into it too much. I thought I saw someone in this thread also say this. I honestly hope it isn't true but chances are The NFL would do something this stupid.

cotw_sig_by_bucksfan5-d7bwj72.png

SugarBowl_zps07e2b2c9.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So do people really believe that all these stores are already putting out the merchandise before the official uniform reveal? Especially in Columbus of all places. I'm pretty sure there would be some course of legal action taken on these retailers.

Now, more then ever, I'm not buying it.

So you think these are fake leaks?

PvO6ZWJ.png

Maybe I'm just looking into it too much. I thought I saw someone in this thread also say this. I honestly hope it isn't true but chances are The NFL would do something this stupid.

No it wouldn't. First, the Browns' brown and the color of a football are completely different. Second, that rule has been in the books for a long time, and it makes no sense to start enforcing it ridiculously strictly in 2015.

ef44ff44d75105d558fbd6c9df93e0af.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

No it wouldn't. First, the Browns' brown and the color of a football are completely different. Second, that rule has been in the books for a long time, and it makes no sense to start enforcing it ridiculously strictly in 2015.

That orange actually looks very faded in that picture, makes me excited for the new helmets.

That orange actually looks very faded in that picture, makes me excited for the new helmets.

I'm telling you right now, those orange jerseys are a total fake. Look at how HORRID the spacing difference is on the shoulder numbers on the right vs. left side. Someone is trolling big time.

The Browns have a team Shop at the Stadium offices the orange jerseys shown are fake. They had Nike mock up some dorky unis to fool the public, but being a Browns fan my entire life im sure these fakes will be better then they reveal.

These are fine but won't go over well if they're the primary home jersey.

My thoughts exactly.

So to Cleveland Browns fans: Will there be another mega-backlash if the traditional brown jersey is ditched in favor of a new primary orange jersey? I know the last time, I can't remember if they wanted to add a logo on the helmet or change the jersey...but whatever it was, protest was so strong it never made the field. I'm wondering if they are still highly protective of their team's aesthetic tradition...

So do people really believe that all these stores are already putting out the merchandise before the official uniform reveal? Especially in Columbus of all places. I'm pretty sure there would be some course of legal action taken on these retailers.

So, what do you think is happening?

I think they are plants. I don't think its hard to mock up 5-10 jerseys to cause a marketing buzz. There was literally not ONE pixel of a leak for the new Browns logos. They kept it completely secretive until THEY wanted to unveil them... And that was a minimal change. The uniform are supposed to be a much bigger change. All of a sudden they forgot how to keep a secret?

Think about it. Jersey sales are not the main source of memorbilia/fandom for the NFL. It's hats and shirts. Wouldn't it make way more sense for the Browns/Nike/NFL to ship all the new logo gear out prior to the logo unveil? They would have made a lot more money. But nothing was leaked. Nothing but a hat with a brown facemask that everyone thought was a misprint. If they didnt ship out new gear with the logo prior to the unveil, I highly doubt they will ship out new jerseys prior to the unveil.

Now, we are to believe that the uniforms are popping up all over the place? Even after a writer for the Browns official radio network said the new jersey will show up at retailers later this week? I'm just not buying it.

As someone else mentioned... Why was the Browns jersey forward and not backward like Steelers one? Every sports store here puts jersey with names out. The other leaked photo just happened to be next to the navy Cleveland Cavaliers jersey.

Above all... The Donte Whitner tweet was way too cheeky. "Ohh they got us. Who stole the jerseys. Haha." Sorry, I just think if those were the real thing, the Browns would have had a gag order to not even address ANYTHING pertaining to the uniforms... Hell, they didn't even make him delete the tweet.

Sorry, I think they are fakes. I don't think they can completely guard the new logos and then completely fail at the uniforms.

The new logo was such a minimalistic change that if it were out there in the wild 99% of people wouldn't even notice. Not to mention that most new product bearing the new logo needn't be shipped when it was initially unveiled considering the larger portion of the identity hadn't been released yet. Now that the Draft is approaching, new merchandise is ramping up and it makes perfect sense that these items are shipping to stores. I wouldn't even be surprised if they shipped with tape saying not to open and sell until a certain date. To say these are fake at this point is silly. We know what the jerseys look like and can say with 80% certainty the primary will now be orange. Anything otherwise is being naive.

So, what do you think is happening?

I think they are plants. I don't think its hard to mock up 5-10 jerseys to cause a marketing buzz. There was literally not ONE pixel of a leak for the new Browns logos. They kept it completely secretive until THEY wanted to unveil them... And that was a minimal change. The uniform are supposed to be a much bigger change. All of a sudden they forgot how to keep a secret?

Think about it. Jersey sales are not the main source of memorbilia/fandom for the NFL. It's hats and shirts. Wouldn't it make way more sense for the Browns/Nike/NFL to ship all the new logo gear out prior to the logo unveil? They would have made a lot more money. But nothing was leaked. Nothing but a hat with a brown facemask that everyone thought was a misprint. If they didnt ship out new gear with the logo prior to the unveil, I highly doubt they will ship out new jerseys prior to the unveil.

Now, we are to believe that the uniforms are popping up all over the place? Even after a writer for the Browns official radio network said the new jersey will show up at retailers later this week? I'm just not buying it.

As someone else mentioned... Why was the Browns jersey forward and not backward like Steelers one? Every sports store here puts jersey with names out. The other leaked photo just happened to be next to the navy Cleveland Cavaliers jersey.

Above all... The Donte Whitner tweet was way too cheeky. "Ohh they got us. Who stole the jerseys. Haha." Sorry, I just think if those were the real thing, the Browns would have had a gag order to not even address ANYTHING pertaining to the uniforms... Hell, they didn't even make him delete the tweet.

Sorry, I think they are fakes. I don't think they can completely guard the new logos and then completely fail at the uniforms.

1. If the leak is real, there's a difference to unveiling the logo and the uniform. The uniform requires selling the jersey as merchandise. The logo is simply showing it at a press conference. THere's very few outsiders involved to muck things up.

2. Browns merchandise isn't that big a seller for various reasons: the team sucks, so interest in buying new stuff isn't high. And the diehard fans already own tons of merchandise to begin with. Adding more, even the new colors, aren't big. Remember, fans of this team aren't bandwagoners. They're not going to get excited by something new. If they've stuck with the tam since the 90s, they're not the type of fans who are going to go gung ho over it. The few thousand bandwagoners we got last year because of Johnny Rehab would be interested in this stuff.... if Manziel had actually turned out to be good last year.

3. All over the place? Photos are showing up on Twitter. Not difficult to post things on twitter, or to spoof stuff with various usernames. The fact they're RTd or posted 'as new' by those looking for a scoop aren't a surprise. Also interesting that the primary jersey we've seen is #23 Haden orange jersey. He's not the only player. Back to #2, if you want to understand why merchandise isn't selling, just try to figure out which players are big names for the Browns.

4. Exactly. Whitner's tweets are just too far off. Saying they'll be best in the league, etc just tells me either he doesn't know what anything looks like, or he was told to talk up the jerseys regardless of his personal opinion.

5. Wouldn't be hard for a hoaxer to make a few knockoff jerseys and put them up in a store either before or after hours if he had a friend to help him, like a manager or clerk, etc. And yes, putting them front out is strange.

6. As mentioned above, the more people involved in a secret, the easier it is to get out.

The new logo was such a minimalistic change that if it were out there in the wild 99% of people wouldn't even notice. Not to mention that most new product bearing the new logo needn't be shipped when it was initially unveiled considering the larger portion of the identity hadn't been released yet. Now that the Draft is approaching, new merchandise is ramping up and it makes perfect sense that these items are shipping to stores. I wouldn't even be surprised if they shipped with tape saying not to open and sell until a certain date. To say these are fake at this point is silly. We know what the jerseys look like and can say with 80% certainty the primary will now be orange. Anything otherwise is being naive.

"We can say with 80% certainty the new primary will now be orange"

Breath taking.

Archived