New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

I honestly love the orange jersey, very sharp. modern enough, but still the Browns. I think people should love it, but considering most of America wants to see chrome and "swag" gradients and new anthracite jerseys, so they may think these are bad but in reality, these are fine.

My thoughts as well. I really like these new jerseys. Yeah the shadow is a little weird, but not a deal breaker for me.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

brownsorangejersey1.jpg?w=474&h=843

I don't like how the stripes seem to be somewhat at an angle, ala the Chargers jerseys. I hope this is just camera weirdness and the stripes are straight across, horizontal.

its impossible to get them on a true horizontal line. with all the tailoring and stretching that goes on, the on-field jerseys won't be completely consistent but i think it will look good enough.

i'll have a lot more to say post-reveal but my primary concern with the new uniforms is that they would look very much like a NCAA uniform, especially if they chose to go with an orange jersey and/or orange pants. not only have they done the orange jersey but i still cant get over the large word mark on the chest. it screams "college team" now.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

So do people really believe that all these stores are already putting out the merchandise before the official uniform reveal? Especially in Columbus of all places. I'm pretty sure there would be some course of legal action taken on these retailers.

Now, more then ever, I'm not buying it.

brownsorangejersey1.jpg?w=474&h=843

I don't like how the stripes seem to be somewhat at an angle, ala the Chargers jerseys. I hope this is just camera weirdness and the stripes are straight across, horizontal.

its impossible to get them on a true horizontal line. with all the tailoring and stretching that goes on, the on-field jerseys won't be completely consistent but i think it will look good enough.

i'll have a lot more to say post-reveal but my primary concern with the new uniforms is that they would look very much like a NCAA uniform, especially if they chose to go with an orange jersey and/or orange pants. not only have they done the orange jersey but i still cant get over the large word mark on the chest. it screams "college team" now.

I disagree. I like the larger wordmark. And I like the fact it says the City name. No Other team does that. I also like the drop shadow where it is. Again they are the only team that has it and they own it.

I like the changes. If true!!

I think it's quite likely we are going to see monochrome orange at some point. Wouldn't rule out that being the primary home look.

Brown pants. Monochrome Orange every once in a while.

So do people really believe that all these stores are already putting out the merchandise before the official uniform reveal? Especially in Columbus of all places. I'm pretty sure there would be some course of legal action taken on these retailers.

I do believe they are putting out the merchandise. They want to sell it. They either don't care or aren't aware of the official uniform reveal.

I don't think you understand how accidental leaks work. There's a reason why that one store took down the Joe Haden jerseys from the wall rack.

What legal action are the Browns going to take at this point?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I think it's quite likely we are going to see monochrome orange at some point. Wouldn't rule out that being the primary home look.

I'm sure it will happen, I'm just hoping it's not the primary option. I think orange/orange/brown with orange socks would look pretty nice.

I think I could live with every aspect of the design - except for the shadow number font. That, to me, is about as bad as the 90's got. I just don't understand how this got past anyone at Nike; I feel like the Browns came up with this design, fell in love with it and thought it was good, and wouldn't let Nike do anything else.

I think I could live with every aspect of the design - except for the shadow number font. That, to me, is about as bad as the 90's got. I just don't understand how this got past anyone at Nike; I feel like the Browns came up with this design, fell in love with it and thought it was good, and wouldn't let Nike do anything else.

I like it now, because it's unique, and they historically have had shadows before. It simple but bold, I'm sure the brown told them to add just a few modern touches hence the odd number font. I like what I'm seeing so far. Can't wait for the reveal.

It is different from all those 90's drop shadows, because it's not a full outline and it seems a little narrower than most drop shadow I can think of.

To me, these things become annoying when they become trends. One team having a unique element (which goes for the oversized wordmark, too) isn't egregious. Six to ten teams doing it? That would suck.

These look good now that we're getting better pictures of the jersey. Not better than what they had before, but I think it's still one of the better jerseys in the league. It's disappointing that it looks like orange is going to be the primary though. I know this won't happen, but hopefully they'll only wear white pants with the orange jerseys.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

So, what do you think is happening?

I'd honestly be surprised if a brown jersey even existed. Typical Browns, always screwing it up.

Well, you have to think about it from this perspective: The NFL has made a rule where brown jerseys are no longer allowed. I wouldn't be surprised if they told the Browns, "you guys have to change from brown to any thing else." that is probably the reason for the "rebrand" in the first place. So don't put it all on the Browns, they probably didn't have much of a choice.

I bet that the orange replaces the brown and gray is added. None on this board will like it, but will a orange/gray/orange look really look all that bad? I'm thinking it might look alright.

cotw_sig_by_bucksfan5-d7bwj72.png

SugarBowl_zps07e2b2c9.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Archived