New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So do people really believe that all these stores are already putting out the merchandise before the official uniform reveal? Especially in Columbus of all places. I'm pretty sure there would be some course of legal action taken on these retailers.

Now, more then ever, I'm not buying it.

So, what do you think is happening?

As someone else mentioned... Why was the Browns jersey forward and not backward like Steelers one? Every sports store here puts jersey with names out. The other leaked photo just happened to be next to the navy Cleveland Cavaliers jersey.

For the jerseys on the wall - only the first Joe Haden jersey was forward. The rest of the jerseys were backwards. Look at the direction of the Nike swooshes and look at the hangers on the rack - the first jersey is the only one where the hook is on the left side. It could be that someone took one off the rack, flipped it around, and put it back up. That kind of stuff tends to happen at retail stores if you have ever been to a mall, which I'm seriously starting to doubt based on your conspiracy theories.

CCZwI8IUIAEhHRU.jpg

There's no doubt that these are the real deal. The fact they were taken down says a lot. The fact that there's more than one (why would a retailer take the time to hang up 10 fake/troll jerseys) - and the others are different sizes - says even more.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

So do people really believe that all these stores are already putting out the merchandise before the official uniform reveal? Especially in Columbus of all places. I'm pretty sure there would be some course of legal action taken on these retailers.

Now, more then ever, I'm not buying it.

So, what do you think is happening?

As someone else mentioned... Why was the Browns jersey forward and not backward like Steelers one? Every sports store here puts jersey with names out. The other leaked photo just happened to be next to the navy Cleveland Cavaliers jersey.

For the jerseys on the wall - only the first Joe Haden jersey was forward. The rest of the jerseys were backwards. Look at the direction of the Nike swooshes and look at the hangers on the rack - the first jersey is the only one where the hook is on the left side. It could be that someone took one off the rack, flipped it around, and put it back up. That kind of stuff tends to happen at retail stores if you have ever been to a mall, which I'm seriously starting to doubt based on your conspiracy theories.

CCZwI8IUIAEhHRU.jpg

There's no doubt that these are the real deal. The fact they were taken down says a lot. The fact that there's more than one (why would a retailer take the time to hang up 10 fake/troll jerseys) says even more.

Yep, I agree. Unfortunately this happens all the time. Like you said, you can see the hanger is facing the wrong way on the face-out. And just to add to the possibilities, it could be the guy taking the picture turned it around for the sake of showing what the jersey looked like. That'd be my guess.

The store manager likely wanted these out to generate sales and maybe didn't know about them not being revealed yet. Or maybe just didn't care. They aren't making them any money being boxed up in the back. Associates processing new shipment could have accidentally put them out as well. It happens.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

CCZwI8IUIAEhHRU.jpg

There's no doubt that these are the real deal. The fact they were taken down says a lot. The fact that there's more than one (why would a retailer take the time to hang up 10 fake/troll jerseys) says even more.

Phew... yeah... making a 100 foot walk from the storage room to the rack, carrying all 10 out and hanging them... phew. That is exhausting. You are right. You got me. The fact that it would take hours, maybe days, to hang up 10 jersey has me convinced. You've won me over.

Clearly, I'm not saying that the direction of the uniform is the smoking gun. I'm just saying its curious. Again, its not hard to mock up 10 jerseys and plant them. They very well could be real, but I'm just not buying it yet. Not with how guarded they've been with the whole rebrand, logos, etc.

I'm starting to question you... since you think the direction of the jersey was the smoking gun. Yikes.

CCZwI8IUIAEhHRU.jpg

Phew... yeah... making a 100 foot walk from the storage room to the rack, carrying all 10 out and hanging them... phew. That is exhausting. You are right. You got me. The fact that it would take hours, maybe days, to hang up 10 jersey has me convinced. You've won me over.

Clearly, I'm not saying that the direction of the uniform is the smoking gun. I'm just saying its curious. Again, its not hard to mock up 10 jerseys and plant them. They very well could be real, but I'm just not buying it yet. Not with how guarded they've been with the whole rebrand, logos, etc.

I'm starting to question you... since you think the direction of the jersey was the smoking gun. Yikes.

I wonder if retailers were told to face them forward (when they got the green light to display them) so the changes could be better seen. Perhaps the back of the jersey wouldn't cause many people to notice that it was a new jersey.

CCZwI8IUIAEhHRU.jpg

Actually you thought it was fake because of the direction of the jersey. Don't walk away from your stupid theories now.

And also...stores don't put up fake jerseys and then take them down within a matter of minutes. Name one other store that has done this.

Other posters have already told you why the branding had so few leaks. Seriously, people are helping you figure this out and you're not listening. Just trolling.

What are you going to do with your tin foil hat after the unveiling?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

CCZwI8IUIAEhHRU.jpg

Wow, this has got to be a joke.

Talk about denial.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

The other thing to keep in mind is that these are replicas with long sleeves. The stripe may look a lot better (or at least less out of place) on the players-cut jersey because there won't be that extra material for the sleeve below it - it'll likely be cut in to the shoulder pad immediately after the stripe, with maybe only a thin piece of sleeve color showing (and probably only as an elastic cuff)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

My god, what have I done? How the hell did people take my comment about the shirt direction seriously? I'm gonna go out on s limb and say I should start a cult.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

The other thing to keep in mind is that these are replicas with long sleeves. The stripe may look a lot better (or at least less out of place) on the players-cut jersey because there won't be that extra material for the sleeve below it - it'll likely be cut in to the shoulder pad immediately after the stripe, with maybe only a thin piece of sleeve color showing (and probably only as an elastic cuff)

Probably similar to the Chiefs:

article-2.jpg

CCZwI8IUIAEhHRU.jpg

Actually you thought it was fake because of the direction of the jersey. Don't walk away from your stupid theories now.

And also...stores don't put up fake jerseys and then take them down within a matter of minutes. Name one other store that has done this.

Other posters have already told you why the branding had so few leaks. Seriously, people are helping you figure this out and you're not listening. Just trolling.

Not once did I say it was THE reason... I said it was suspicious. Other reasons have me hoping they are plants. No store would INTENTIONALLY put up fake jerseys. That's the whole conversation we are having... if they are plants or leaks. Not once did I plant my flag in the jersey direction... not once. Just thought it was a strange coincidence. Its comcial how you ignore everything else in the post... EDIT (not going to go back and forth throwing little jabs... its pointless... its the worst part of the internet)

The lack of leak for the new/updated logos isn't exactly rocket surgery. It doesn't require any critical thinking what-so-ever. The point I was making was that there was no leak at all. There wasn't anyone going "hey relax, its just a minor update... darker shade, new facemask." But there was nothing. They have kept everything guarded extremely well.

I am hoping for something a little bit more fun for the Browns uniforms - the only discouraging element of the "leaks" are the rise shadow - but for the most part... I'm playing devil's advocate... trying to think of reasons why they may not be real. I also find is suspicious that the Browns haven't offered any sort of teaser. I believe every other team has at least teased something... whether its a portion of the stripe, a new color, a new patch, a shot of the helmet... something. The Browns haven't done anything.

Of course, there's really only one solution.

Looking like a high school team that hands down double knits for a decade isn't a solution for anything. The Yankees are the only team which doesn't look incomplete leaving names off their jerseys. That the Red Sox put names on their roads but feel the homes are too sacred is silly.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The lack of leak for the new/updated logos isn't exactly rocket surgery. It doesn't require any critical thinking what-so-ever. The point I was making was that there was no leak at all. There wasn't anyone going "hey relax, its just a minor update... darker shade, new facemask." But there was nothing. They have kept everything guarded extremely well.

I am hoping for something a little bit more fun for the Browns uniforms, but for the most part... I'm playing devil's advocate... trying to think of reasons why they may not be real. I also find is suspicious that the Browns haven't offered any sort of teaser. I believe every other team has at least teased stuff... whether its a portion of the stripe, a new color, a new patch, SOMETHING. The Browns haven't done anything.

The Jags didn't have any logo leaks, yet their jersey got leaked before hand. Yes they did teasers, but they only started doing teasers like a day before they released if I remember right.

I still think there may be some striping "bleedover" on the front of the jerseys. Not as much as Seattle though. I think this look can be a big step forward as long as we don't have gray pants or trim. Tomorrow should be fun to watch the reveal. Heads will explode because they haven't done enough or they did too much. As long as the pants stripes match the sleeves and helmet it should be a good look.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I think the Packers game jerseys have a similar fit to what you're describing:

ap-packers-sack-matthews-football-16_9.j

But then when you look at their replica, the stripes are down low. Not sure what to make of it. In reality, there just isn't much room for the stripe in the real jerseys, considering the TV numbers. It is interesting that the Browns chose to place them that high on the replica.

2102507128_18_13_a_2500.jpg

men-tyson-jackson-red-limited-jersey.jpg

CCZwI8IUIAEhHRU.jpg

So what brand of tinfoil do you use for your hats?

I'm sorry but there's way to many different angles and depictions of these jerseys floating around for it to be some sort of fake.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

This thread is funny can't wait until tomorrow... The stripes almost look a little like the LSU jersey in how it wraps around but of course lower on the jersey... That CLEVELAND on the jersey looks worse every time I see it... It just looks cheap I did not much care for when TENNESSEE was put on our jersey...

I still think there may be some striping "bleedover" on the front of the jerseys. Not as much as Seattle though. I think this look can be a big step forward as long as we don't have gray pants or trim. Tomorrow should be fun to watch the reveal. Heads will explode because they haven't done enough or they did too much. As long as the pants stripes match the sleeves and helmet it should be a good look.

Oh, wait, that's right... it's tomorrow. OK, that clinches it. These leaks are real. With this short of time, there's zero chance the stores don't already have them, on hangers and ready to go. And obviously, you could see one or two stores jumping the gun, either out of ignorance or just because they think they won't get caught.

For some reason I was thinking the reveal was still a few weeks away, but tomorrow? This is absolutely when you'd expect the leaks to drop.

Archived