NFL Changes 2014+

EJ_Barlik

However, I don't think sports logos need to be exact replicas of the real thing

Exactly, thats my argument for the Bucs logo.

The Bucs Logo is just not as good now however there was improvement that could have been done on the old one. It also has the problem that all the updates of NFL logos seem to have which is the rendering of the flag & skull is not being the same.

What I mean is the new bucs skull is very flat & the flag is still got some wave.

Dolphins logo just has blobs of the darker blue randomly put on the eye.

Carolina Panthers mouth & teeth are way off.

Jags logo is stretched for the sake of showing speed which does not show speed.

The only one that has been rendered correctly is the Vikings but they did very minimal to it.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So a team that barely wears their aqua/teal jerseys or their aqua/teal pants all year, is now going to wear an alternate jersey?

How about just quit with the ridiculous "we wear white all year at home just because" crap and wear the aqua/teal jerseys at home? Then you would have a need for an alternate.

The Seahawks original logo always had that weird abrupt cutoff. The new logo with it's more formed "exit" on the back end is a much better way of rendering the logo. It flows better from front to back.

Plus the eye on the old one looked sad.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Why do so many people think it's odd or ridiculous that Miami wears all white for most of the season? I don't understand what makes them different than the Cowboys, Redskins, Georgia Tech, or LSU. They wear all white because it's their preferred look and they have done it for a very long time. They have a protocol and stick to it... all white at home, aqua at night (or when forced at away games), and occasional use of the aqua pants throughout the year. Just because most other teams wear a color at home doesn't mean that's a hard rule that everyone must abide by.

I like the all white Dolphins. Grew up with the 80s Super Chargers who wore white jerseys with yellow pants. That was a great look too.

ape-jefferson-j-sd-run-8x10.jpg

Off topic -- I had forgotten how much I liked the old stadium walls at Schaefer/Sullivan Stadium in Foxboro. To my recollection, they were the first team to really dress up the walls in some time of team-related theme (excluding perhaps the stars on the wall at Texas Stadium), which always struck me as pretty cool.

EDIT -- The other thing I remember about Schaefer/Sullivan (unless my memory is playing tricks on me) is that after artificial turf was installed, they had plain end zones with "Patriots" written behind the endzones (i.e., between the endzone and the wall of the stands). So far, I can't find proof of this, so perhaps another oldtimer can back me up (or set me straight).

DOUBLE EDIT -- Proof that my memory is not failing! You can see the endzones and writing in the attached video. (1:56, 7:47, 9:10, 9:42)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7erbANgBHo

That is the little remembered (for good reason) Bill Troup at QB for the Colts, subbing for the injured Bert Jones)

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

And here are the pro bowl uniforms

IMG_460328312776898.jpeg

complete garbage but I never watch but I did see the commercial for it & thought it was some high school teams until I saw the helmets

Cool to see the pro bowl jerseys paying homage to the iconic jaws of husky stadium.

Don't forget the tusks of the Razorback as well.

And everyone knows monochrome is out the Bucs uniform is what is in now it is straight fire, son!

Archived