NFL Changes 2014+

EJ_Barlik

I always thought their best effort would have been to keep these, change the helmet logo to the new, fiercer Seahawk, and add green trim around the numbers. One of my favorite color combinations in all of sports went away when these were trashed...

Seattle_Seahawks_2000.jpg

You just reminded me of my favorite part of the NIKE uniforms, they made the Seahawks connect at the back of the helmet

THANK YOU! That used to drive me crazy. One of the few things I like about the current uniforms is that they finally fixed that glaring problem.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm the opposite. The old way looked like two separate birds, which they were, while the new looks like a two-headed beast of some sort. The separation made more sense when considered in the context of there being that ridge that ran down the middle of most helmets.

seattle-seahawks-schedule-2012-2013-8.jp

Count me in as not a fan of the way the heads meet now. What makes it even worse is they had to change the logo to do this which never would be my solution to anything on a uniform.

Yeah, except that the Seahawks mono blue is an awesome look while the Cowboys mismatched blues and silvers isn't.

I wouldn't say awesome as they are a downgrade from their previous set. But you are right that the Cowboys mismatched blues are not pleasing to the eye.

I know I am in the minority but I LOVED this uniform. I was really glad when that helmet was chosen. I love the blue (whatever it may be called) that they used along with the dark blue and the small amount of lime green was a nice touch.

Yeah, they almost always went mono, which I did not love. I thought they should have gone with these pants on the road and pants with the darker blue color at home (or even white) but I don't care because I just think this looks so good from the waist up. I have no interest now in what pants they should be wearing with what jerseys because I just cannot accept that they went away from this .

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I always thought their best effort would have been to keep these, change the helmet logo to the new, fiercer Seahawk, and add green trim around the numbers. One of my favorite color combinations in all of sports went away when these were trashed...

Those jerseys were too beautiful for this world. I love blue and green together. I love the unique block font. Everything about them. But I have to say that they'd look atrocious as a modern Nike uniform. The sleevehawk would be three inch tall by five inches wide, the pants would be gray. It's almost better that those were left in the past than butchered today.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I really can't think of a situation where grey pants look good (not to be confused with silver). When the Seahawks and Giants wear them, they just look like dirtied up white pants. But for example, when the Giants did the white pants recently, it looked SO much better.

Giants+Week10.png

I'm the opposite. The old way looked like two separate birds, which they were, while the new looks like a two-headed beast of some sort. The separation made more sense when considered in the context of there being that ridge that ran down the middle of most helmets.

I didn't like this at first but have come to appreciate it. I guess I see it more as the mythic totem pole type look which is completely in keeping with the Seahawk origins.

I like the Seahawks logo fully wrapping around, but why is it indented downwards instead of upwards like their logo is?

large.png

Oh wait, the answer is that if the junction pointed up, there wouldn't be room for their pointless helmet "stripe"... womp womp. Thanks Nike.

Those jerseys were too beautiful for this world. I love blue and green together. I love the unique block font. Everything about them. But I have to say that they'd look atrocious as a modern Nike uniform. The sleevehawk would be three inch tall by five inches wide, the pants would be gray. It's almost better that those were left in the past than butchered today.

It's a nice uniform but too often they just reminded me of detroit when watching them on tv. What would have made the previous jersey amazing would have been to use that sleeve treatment as opposed to the tiny sleeve logos that the ultimately went with.

Yeah, except that the Seahawks mono blue is an awesome look while the Cowboys mismatched blues and silvers isn't.

I wouldn't say awesome as they are a downgrade from their previous set. But you are right that the Cowboys mismatched blues are not pleasing to the eye.

Detroit+Lions+v+Seattle+Seahawks+3w231iM

I know I am in the minority but I LOVED this uniform. I was really glad when that helmet was chosen. I love the blue (whatever it may be called) that they used along with the dark blue and the small amount of lime green was a nice touch.

Yeah, they almost always went mono, which I did not love. I thought they should have gone with these pants on the road and pants with the darker blue color at home (or even white) but I don't care because I just think this looks so good from the waist up. I have no interest now in what pants they should be wearing with what jerseys because I just cannot accept that they went away from this .

I like the new set, but these were still really nice. The white jersey was beautiful. The coolest thing about this uni (that bugs me about the current) is they could go monochrome, but still had socks that didn't make them look like they had tights on. They used navy socks to match the shoulders instead of that custom blue, which can't be done now due to only one blue.

I will always be a little biased about the royal and Kelly Seahawks days. I became a fan in the late 80s and most of my apparel is of that scheme. I did like the "dull" set of the aughts, too. But I can see why people didn't like it. The Nike Seahawks Era is still my least favorite. Way too much navy in the scheme (which is too plentiful in the NFL already). I do, however, like that the neon green is used more. I like how it accentuates the numbers. That being said, it's just an average look. I just wish the Seahawks were more successful, and/or had won a Super Bowl in those original uniforms. The Native American Seahawks logo was great. The colors were perfect for the region, too.

My argument has always been that the connection to the other head was always implied because it's supposed to be a bird on a totem pole. That's where the inspiration for the logo came from. Totem poles connect in the back. They don't have a 1" helmet ridge down the middle separating the two sides.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I know I am in the minority but I LOVED this uniform.

Detroit+Lions+v+Seattle+Seahawks+3w231iM

I agree these were one of my favorites, the whole set looked great. But i also really liked the 80's set, just an awesome color combo. The current set not so great.

Final Four uni ranking:

1) Indy - classic, perfect.

2) GB - close to perfect, yellow pants have always irked me.

3) Seattle - all blue sucks. The other combo's I like.

4) NE - LOLOLOL. They are in my NFL bottom 3 for uni's. Just god awful.

I'm probably in the minority but I'd like to see Indy have blue pants for road games.

Archived