NFL Changes 2014+

EJ_Barlik

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somebody release the clipping marks on the Packers' one. The suspense is killing me. :D

The more Acme Packers merch I see around the city, the more I become convinced that it'll be based on the 1921 uniforms.

This?

acme%20packers.jpg

I'd be willing to bet that'll be it. Means they get to keep selling navy gear to fans who've already bought green gear. However, there is a bright green jersey with athletic gold numbers that I'm holding out hope for.

1935dec8_JournalPhoto.JPG

MilwaukeeJournal_22sept1935.jpg

Also, in the past they had a gold jersey they'd break out occasionally, even once against the Rams who were also wearing gold! Gold on gold, the Rams played under protest since they only had that one gold jersey...

rams-packers_clash_12-7-52.jpg

Unfortunately, I've never seen a color image of that gold jersey. Apparently it was a gold monochrome look!

EDIT: I found a color picture!

1952_Oct26_PackersLions_preview.jpg

Heres's a version with navy pants.

Thomason-Ronzani_30sept1951.jpg

This?

acme%20packers.jpg

Yessir! I think there's still an outside chance that they'll go with something closer to the 1994 throwbacks, but I see that "ACME PACKERS" wordmark so often now that I can't fathom a reason why they wouldn't do this.

When really looking at the Falcons logo, besides the claws being too large, the head stick out way to far too (again trying to force the F out of it). A quick edit and it looks much better to my eye at least.

falcons.jpg299.gif

i....Uhhh....no. That looks like crap. Now he looks like that t-rex from that animated movie. "I've got a big head, and little arms!"

Not to mention the feathers now look more like a stegosaurus' back spikes.

And why can't we make an F? That's our tradition. The Eagles get to make an E and nobody bitches about it.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

When really looking at the Falcons logo, besides the claws being too large, the head stick out way to far too (again trying to force the F out of it). A quick edit and it looks much better to my eye at least.

falcons.jpg299.gif

i....Uhhh....no. That looks like crap. Now he looks like that t-rex from that animated movie. "I've got a big head, and little arms!"
But an actual falcon doesn't have Popeye-like legs. The leg/talons in the actual logo are grossly out of shape.

So playing around with the logo slick from the 2012 NIKE takeover of the NFL for the San Fran 49ers, I accidentally released a few clipping masks and this was what I found

['52 throwback?]

Not sure what year this is from, but what could this mean for their uniform future?

61.png

1952_SanFrancisco.png

Sir, you might be on to something there.

I do acknowledge the one helmet rule, which probably means Nike scrapped the idea or is waiting for something to change. I also found it interesting. (I unclipped the Dolphins and Packers slicks and found nothing). But the Packers don't wear the Speed Machine/Elite51, but they were listed as having that design. I don't know. These slicks are interesting. I wish I could get a hold of the Buccaneers newest one.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

falcons.jpg299.gif

And why can't we make an F? That's our tradition. The Eagles get to make an E and nobody bitches about it.

I don't believe for a second that the E is intentional. Hell - I kinda don't even believe that it's made up - you have to really try to make an E out of their logo. I think that's just someone posting "hey I found an E!" and people thought it was some hidden message in the design. If so, I'll eat my hat.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

falcons.jpg299.gif

The old logo made a better "F" then the current one does.

So playing around with the logo slick from the 2012 NIKE takeover of the NFL for the San Fran 49ers, I accidentally released a few clipping masks and this was what I found

['52 throwback?]

Not sure what year this is from, but what could this mean for their uniform future?

[pics]

Sir, you might be on to something there.

I do acknowledge the one helmet rule, which probably means Nike scrapped the idea or is waiting for something to change. I also found it interesting. (I unclipped the Dolphins and Packers slicks and found nothing). But the Packers don't wear the Speed Machine/Elite51, but they were listed as having that design. I don't know. These slicks are interesting. I wish I could get a hold of the Buccaneers newest one.

Have you attempted any others? The Seahawks or Jags may hold some goodies considering how much they changed through the design process.

okd5bxT.jpg

juuRX07.jpg

This isn't a 2014 "change", but I didn't think it deserved a thread of its own...

As one who is basically rooting for uniforms at this point in the NFL playoffs, I'll be hoping for a Green Bay - Indianapolis Super Bowl.

This...

Aaron+Rodgers+Ryan+Grant+Indianapolis+Co

...would look much better than this...

Bobby+Wagner+New+England+Patrios+v+Seatt

The NFC gets choice of jerseys this year, so I assume the NFC teams would choose home jerseys.

Archived