College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

2 hours ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

I was always under the impression that the official school colors for UCLA were gold and "powder keg blue". Which is a fancy way if saying baby/sky/light blue.

So... wtf? When did UCLA switch to navy blue?

UCLA has worn navy on the road for as long as I can remember...I think there were a couple of years in the 2000s where the numbers were baby blue, but in at least in the 80s and 90s the numbers and blue stripes on the white jerseys were always navy.  I believe the script on the gold helmet has always been navy.

0ap3000000392039.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

UCLA has worn navy on the road for as long as I can remember...I think there were a couple of years in the 2000s where the numbers were baby blue, but in at least in the 80s and 90s the numbers and blue stripes on the white jerseys were always navy.  I believe the script on the gold helmet has always been navy.

0ap3000000392039.jpg

I really miss team specific bowl patches!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

After Oregon's somewhat subpar look in Week 1, I'm hoping to finally see the yellow jerseys that were leaked during the summer in this coming weekend's game against Virginia:

image.jpegThey've worn yellow in their second home game of the season the past three years and this one should be no different considering they are asking fans to wear yellow and this is the last home game of the season where that is the case. Remember this is also the week where their uniforms are supposedly going to "break the Internet" according to their tight end Pharoah Brown so it'll be interesting to see the rest of the combination on Saturday. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

15 hours ago, Cujo said:

Noticed this as well. Looks like the hot glue gun didn't mix well with Nike's uberawesome fabric...

gettyimages-598759458_master.jpg?w=683

No. That's the black dye from the jerseys bleeding through after the players sweat in the uniforms. 

Typically, washing the uniforms once before they are worn prevents this. 

1 minute ago, BRice16 said:

No. That's the black dye from the jerseys bleeding through after the players sweat in the uniforms. 

Typically, washing the uniforms once before they are worn prevents this. 

Having a hard time buying that.

a) I didn't see anything like this on the CU jerseys last year.

2) Liufau had this going on from the minute he took the field, pre-sweatiness.

6uXNWAo.png

9 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Having a hard time buying that.

a) I didn't see anything like this on the CU jerseys last year.

2) Liufau had this going on from the minute he took the field, pre-sweatiness.

You can "buy" it or not, but I've seen it happen with jerseys a hundred times. That's why Nike recommends that equipment staffs wash the uniforms in warm water before issuing them to players, even for something as simple as picture day. Probably didn't happen last year because they followed instructions. 

The very same thing happened to us one season when our previous supplier delivered about half of the home jerseys the week before we wore them in a neutral site opener. Since they still had to be sent out to have the conference and opening game patches applied, there wasn't time to get them washed and dried before they went in the lockers on game day. 

As far as it being there before his taking the field, I'm sure he wore the jersey in warmups and it started then. When it happened with us, the streaks on a few players' numbers were visible before warmups were over. 

17 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Not sports related, but I figured it fits in here somehow. University of Georgia has a new school logo. It's very much the same and yet fresh. I like it. Will still always like the circle logo, though. Also prefer the old font.

New:

image.jpeg

I may be reading too much into it, but the column base and shadows kind of look like the laces on a football.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

9 hours ago, WSU151 said:

0ap3000000392039.jpg

Yes, the road uniforms had powder blue accents during the 2006-2009 seasons.  Navy returned in 2010. As for the gold pants on the road, that had been nonexistent since Mora took over

564041763-brandon-breazell-scampers-away

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

this Notre Dame / Texas game is nice and clean...except those ugly polo shirts that the Irish coaches wear. Brian Kelly's looks like static. Oh the UT pompom girls in chaps are nice too :wub:

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

1 hour ago, uuh70 said:

Yes, the road uniforms had powder blue accents during the 2006-2009 seasons.  Navy returned in 2010. As for the gold pants on the road, that had been nonexistent since Mora took over

564041763-brandon-breazell-scampers-away

Loved these jerseys on UCLA.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

On Tuesday, August 30, 2016 at 6:21 PM, Dolphins Dynasty said:

We're not gonna see another black uniform for Miami, are we?

The black cleats are a marc richt thing but Georgia wore the black jerseys on occasion when richt was at Georgia  I would not be surprised 

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Archived