Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Conrad. said:

1429x804

 

Logo on waistband is unnecessary, but I already used to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The USA Olympic basketball teams of 1996 used a Magic-esque (if not identical) number font.  The 6 and 9 work better as a front number than as a back.

 

dreamteam.jpg

 

basketball-1996-summer-olympics-usa-ruth

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, VandyDelphia Mike said:

The USA Olympic basketball teams of 1996 used a Magic-seque (if not identical) number font.  The 6 and 9 work better as a front number than as a back.

 

dreamteam.jpg

 

basketball-1996-summer-olympics-usa-ruth

 

 

Snaq and Nickel’s final games as teammates....until the Heat reunion ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pepis21 said:

 

Logo on waistband is unnecessary, but I already used to it.

Old logo was so much better, why did they make it so much more bland? It had a personality pre 2010.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A new NBA Live 19 screenshot shows the collar of the Association Spurs jersey as (from outside to inside) black-silver-white whereas last year's uniforms were black-white-silver. Is this a confirmed change, or did the art team for the game simply make a mistake?

DGthe3rd_2018-Aug-08-2.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, pepis21 said:

 

Logo on waistband is unnecessary, but I'm already used to it.

FIFY ?.

 

Jokes aside I agree with you to an extent. If the logo was a single star or better logo then it could have worked nice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That USA Olympics number font looks exactly like the Magic number font, although no Magic player wore a 9 or a 6 before Summer 1996. It makes me wonder what the Magic 9 and 6 actually looked like in the 90s.

 

Tim Kempton, where are you? We need to see your Magic jerseys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kimball said:

If you're celebrating your 30th anniversary don't you think you should go with your original uniforms?

 

Probably because the Orlando Magic went to the 1995 NBA Finals wearing the Blue alternate. It's honestly the superior jersey and is probably why they switched to it as the main road before adopting the star uniform.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

 

Probably because the Orlando Magic went to the 1995 NBA Finals wearing the Blue alternate. It's honestly the superior jersey and is probably why they switched to it as the main road before adopting the star uniform.

 

I get that. But, still, teams like the Suns and Bucks went with original expansion jerseys and not ones they had the most success in during their anniversary years.

 

I know it's a team choice, but I do love those black throwbacks so much better than the blue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, LoneStarDemar said:

A new NBA Live 19 screenshot shows the collar of the Association Spurs jersey as (from outside to inside) black-silver-white whereas last year's uniforms were black-white-silver. Is this a confirmed change, or did the art team for the game simply make a mistake?

DGthe3rd_2018-Aug-08-2.jpg

 

 

Well with the accuracy of NBA Live and NBA 2K on jersey design -- I wouldn't put much to it until media day.

 

On a side note ... the Spurs got their jerseys all wrong with last year's logo change. Slapping on the new simplified word mark on basically the same jersey while shrinking the numbers just looks sloppy. They should have used minimal collar stripes and matched the number font with the new team font.

 

rant/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The original Magic set is wonderful. Aside from the awkward 6 and 9 number design, the jerseys are pretty much perfect. No Magic uniform since has quite recaptured its charm, not even their current ones. I'm more partial to the blue jerseys since they're synonymous with their '95 playoff run, but the black jerseys are pretty close behind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well this seems like a good enough place to bring up a reminder about the Orlando Sun Rays existing ...

 

BestOrl30.jpg85640-16Fr.jpg60190-3528804Fr.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand why the (for lack of a better term) "circle" part of the 9 and 6 is so huge. They both look more like a sloppy zero than what they're supposed to be. At least on the USA jerseys, the (again, need to brush up on my typography lingo) "stick" part extends a little more so that the the "circle" is somewhat isolated to the half that it's supposed to be a part of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, kimball said:

 

Well with the accuracy of NBA Live and NBA 2K on jersey design -- I wouldn't put much to it until media day.

 

On a side note ... the Spurs got their jerseys all wrong with last year's logo change. Slapping on the new simplified word mark on basically the same jersey while shrinking the numbers just looks sloppy. They should have used minimal collar stripes and matched the number font with the new team font.

 

rant/

I think Jay Z designed them with Drake. 

 

Spurs unnecessarily simplified an already bland brand. Bring back fiesta please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2018 at 5:16 AM, Shadojoker said:

FIFY ?.

 

Jokes aside I agree with you to an extent. If the logo was a single star or better logo then it could have worked nice. 

 

Thanks ;)

 

I didn't mean that wordmark looks bad (although, single star might be a better choice), but if on original shorts logo wasn't present, it shouldn't be now, but it's a nike thing and we need to live with that (even if some waistbands are without a logo).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A look at the grizzlies  from the rookie shoot..

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dnice said:

A look at the grizzlies  from the rookie shoot..

 

 

The wordmark is just way too small...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ especially when you see it in the context of the rest of the league. so small!

 

DkZulWZXsAAqndz.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

^ especially when you see it in the context of the rest of the league. so small!

 

DkZulWZXsAAqndz.jpg

 

Cynically, I wonder if the wordmark was shrunk as a test to open up jersey space for more/larger ads. WNBA wordmarks tend to be smaller for this reason, so that they can fit huge ads on the jersey:

19093093_10213969804466131_5026586197813

photos.medleyphoto.10177408.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now