Bucfan56

2018 MLB Season

1 hour ago, Gary. said:

Let’s see how you guys do against the Cubs

Just 4-game broomed by Cincy. LA's gotta like their chances.

5 hours ago, LMU said:

Meet the Mets! Meet the Mets! Step right up and sweep the Mets!

(The reports of the Dodger demise were greatly exaggerated)

Much in the same way that the rumors the Mets are a Major League Baseball franchise were also greatly exaggerated.  

The Mets started something like 11-1, right? And now they're 13 games below .500?

3 hours ago, crashcarson15 said:

The Mets started something like 11-1, right? And now they're 13 games below .500?

They just got passed by the Reds. 

That 11-1 start may just save them from having a history-making W/L record.  It's bizarre how absolutely hapless they've become since that start.

So, I'm watching Dodgers/Cubs and made the observation to my wife that this is one of the first games in a while where I can't really find any fault in the umpiring.

Then I look at the crew assignments and who's behind home plate?  ANGEL. HERNANDEZ.

XGtF2pa.gif

18 minutes ago, LMU said:

Then I look at the crew assignments and who's behind home plate?  ANGEL. HERNANDEZ.

Cubs sure to rally then. ?

Shelby Miller pitched tonight in the first time in a year just to remind the Diamondbacks why we lost the trade with the Braves ?

56 minutes ago, Gary. said:

Shelby Miller pitched tonight in the first time in a year just to remind the Diamondbacks why we lost the trade with the Braves ?

Lost to the Marlins, who have more wins then the Mets now.

1 hour ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Jayson Werth is apparently done with baseball.

Just had to check what season thread I was in, thought someone bumped the 2015 thread 

Seattle is 8-0 in extra innings games this year.

It's fun living in a baseball town for the first time since I moved here a decade ago.

47 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

It's fun living in a baseball town for the first time since I moved here a decade ago.

Mariners were one of preseason picks to make the playoffs (Wildcard along with Boston).

16 hours ago, DG_Now said:

In 2015 I asked some coworkers if they were going to the opener, and they looked at me like I had asked if they were going to the moon. Got a lot of "Why would I leave work to go to that?" But what I always suspected about Seattle, but never experienced for myself, was that it had a lot of baseball fans. I don't blame the locals for getting tired of the same thing every year, especially after being teased with the best record ever in 01. It's like everyone was waiting for the team to not be perpetually 80-82 every year, but once they broke through again the city's support would be Seahawksian. It felt dormant, but not absent. Glad to see people taking to them. 

I've kept up with the Mariners since moving out of Seattle and I do miss Safeco. That's my favorite ballpark in MLB. This is finally a fun team. 

So it's not out of the realm of possibility that Tim Tebow will be called up correct?

On 6/6/2018 at 3:59 PM, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Well, I finally got tickets to a Reds game in Cincinnati. The game is on the 30th of June and they're playing the Brewers. This was probably not the most convenient time to go considering how bad they are (plus, they're playing a superior opponent, but that's everybody right?), but the prices were relatively cheap... and I haven't been to the city in eight years.

Worth it, definitely.

Bizarre move from FOX. There are 3 games in the current slot to be shown. I presumed Northern California would be getting Colorado-LA since they’re the 2 Western teams, but we got the Sox-Yankees instead(So is Phoenix oddly enough). Apparently Nashville is getting the Yankees instead of Braves-Cards, which is the other game. 

Happy Bobby Bonilla day!

7 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Happy Bobby Bonilla day!

osUZBym.gif

20 minutes ago, Crabcake47 said:

Happy Bobby Bonilla day!

This has to be the most... Mets thing ever. How long has it been since he played his last game?