2018 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

It’s all about execution for the Cowboys offensively.

The plays were there to be had. The Cowboys should have put 30+ but due to bad penalties (they were penalties too, not a criticism of the officiating), and some missed plays (drops, and a couple of poor throws), the Cowboys weren’t good offensively from the 2nd to the 3rd quarter.

They do have the 3rd youngest team in the NFL, so this is to be expected. Gotta clean it up and our offense will be good. (Linehan still needs to go though.) 

Our defense is legitimately an elite unit. Top 5. Finally. We haven’t had one since I was 12 years old (‘03). They are good enough to make a deep run into the postseason. 

Now the question will be can the offense be good enough to capitalize on the opportunities this elite defense will give us. 

Rod Marinelli should be praised for taking a unit that was green last year, and is still raw in places, and making them play like a professional defense.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

16 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

I love how Jon Gruden’s second tenure with the Raiders was immediately destroyed and is already a total failure due to that Mack trade. I’m a HUGE Gruden fan, but even I can’t see how he’s ever gonna recover from this one. 

Good God is Mack an absolute monster. 

I wouldn't call Gruden dead and buried. No coach is ever done in by one move, but the issues surrounding it are concerning.

As far as I can tell there was no effort made by Gruden whatsoever to even get into contact with Mack during the offseason. Gruden said Mack didn't want to be there. But if I'm the best player on the team and the new head coach can't be bothered to take five minutes out of his day to make a phone call to say hello, I wouldn't want to be there either.

Why Gruden seemed to have it in for Mack is the bigger question for me. The criticism from Gruden of Mack after he left to me is further proof that Gruden had no intention of ever having Khaili Mack on his team. You'll never get the whole story behind it, but something is going on between those two.

Well, this season sucks so far (for the Steelers anyway - it's been great for the league as a whole). While I certainly expected regression from last year, I definitely did not expect this; right now they barely look like an 8-8 team. AB is acting out to T.O. type levels, road-Ben is worse than ever, pass defense is worse than ever, and the average cheerleader coach that is Tomlin has completely lost the locker room. I sure as heck don't blame Bell for not signing back onto this travesty right now.

As it stands, the Bengals clearly look like the best team in the AFCN. Hopefully that changes, but the Steelers only have so much time to right the ship.

NSFCvyu.png

and I don't blame the Steelers for not signing a 29 year old running back to a huge long term deal. In today's NFL I wouldn't do that either. The production difference between Bell and a replacement level back is not worth all the extra cash or risk that comes with Bell. Then you take that money and spread it around on line positions, or fix the third tier secondary. Their records with Bell and without Bell are basically the same. Look it up. 

I know you're not used to this whole everything not going your way all the time thing, but the Steelers will be fine. They'll make the playoffs because the AFC is ass and will win a playoff game (probably on a phantom holding call or a bulls*** roughing the passer call) and that's at minimum. I'm expecting them to be in the super bowl at the end of the season and I'll operate under that expectation until they're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Gruden is going to completely run the Raiders once he wins the power struggle with Reggie McKenzie, if you want to call it that. Tommy Boy Davis will likely see to that when Gruden has him fire McKenzie after the season. They'll blame poor old Reg for the Mack debacle.

2 hours ago, Wings said:

Gruden is going to completely run the Raiders once he wins the power struggle with Reggie McKenzie, if you want to call it that. Tommy Boy Davis will likely see to that when Gruden has him fire McKenzie after the season. They'll blame poor old Reg for the Mack debacle.

Yeah, there’s no way Jon Gruden isn’t the GM next year. Also I’m sticking by my explanation for why he got rid of Mack, which is that he was too flashy and not enough of a “grinder” or that “a pass rusher would never demand that amount of money in 1998.”

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

Yeah, there’s no way Jon Gruden isn’t the GM next year. Also I’m sticking by my explanation for why he got rid of Mack, which is that he was too flashy and not enough of a “grinder” or that “a pass rusher would never demand that amount of money in 1998.”

There’s no way Gruden isn’t the effective GM already.

Right now Reggie McKenzie probably has the easiest executive job in the NFL. Just forward any suggestions the front office has directly to Gruden, follow through on whatever his feedback is, and collect a paycheck.

On 9/16/2018 at 7:56 PM, tjs11 said:

Saw that and I get that. and I agree with your last sentence completely. But he quit on his team in the MIDDLE of a game. He's a quitter. 

If he had a legitimate reason to think that playing another 15 mins more or less would ruin his life (like a bounty on him or something), I get that too. But just stick it out for another hour of work, and then respectfully tell the team you need to move on. Or tell the coach at halftime, "hey i can't do it. keep me on the sideline".  

It's easy to judge from the sidelines though. I just can't believe someone/anyone would do something like that to their teammates.

As Bomani Jones often says, "Quittin' is a little bit underrated".

If you've played ten seasons and was coming off injury to try and play, but your tank is EMPTY, leave.  Telling the coaching staff anything would start with the peer pressure regarding "toughness". Davis just did what 20+ plus guys of the Bills' 53 who wanna quit too cause they have no QB and may go 0-16.

On 9/18/2018 at 8:00 AM, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

Rod Marinelli should be praised for taking a unit that was green last year, and is still raw in places, and making them play like a professional defense.

It's not all Marinelli.  They hired Kris Richard as Secondary Coach, who prefers CBs to play press coverage as opposed to Marinelli who had them play off the line of scrimmage.

17 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

I find it odd that anybody cares about who plays the halftime show.

I usually watch the halftime shows but I have to say they've become pretty boring since Coldplay (I even forgot who performed last year, was it JT?). I understand why, but instead of appeasing everybody the anger everyone.

10 hours ago, Jimmy Lethal said:

Because screw Atlanta being the biggest city in hip-hop, right?

Migos, Usher, Childish Gambino to name a few...heck, Usher's not even hip-hop, more R&B.

NSFCvyu.png

10 hours ago, Jimmy Lethal said:

Because screw Atlanta being the biggest city in hip-hop, right?

The NYC-based NFL cannot admit that "The South Won" in ANY hip-hop battle. 

Plus, Outkast was asked to perform but declined because Andre 3000 did not want to shorten song length.  Instead, we got Nipple-gate. 

Archived