Players in the "wrong" uniforms

1 hour ago, fgoodwin said:

Jim Zorn as a Cowboy

That's pretty awesome - I never knew he played for the Cowboys. And it turns out that he didn't in the regular season, just during the 1975 preseason.

Also under wrong uniforms for Zorn: the Packers and Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

steve-mcmichael-chicago-bears_1985.jpg

Zorn_Jim.jpg.0065dd4e2b13df08d6360642f7f

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

5 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Apparently this is a thing. Supposedly there are Rodgers-Brewers and Jimmy G-Giants jerseys floating around too.

Yeah, I saw this a while ago on the Fanatics website and wondered who would buy it.

ff_3159777alt1_full.jpg&w=900

1 hour ago, Gobbi said:

Weird stuff. If you look up "MLB Crossover" on Fanatics you can see the other jerseys availalbe... and some Phillies/Eagles mashup hats.

ff_3159780_full.jpg&w=340ff_3159796_full.jpg&w=340ff_3159787_full.jpg&w=340ff_3159795_full.jpg&w=340ff_3103385_full.jpg&w=340

I could see a Philadelphia fan wanting the hat. I could dig that. But why would anyone want these jerseys?

• Like 6

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

19 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

I could see a Philadelphia fan wanting the hat. I could dig that. But why would anyone want these jerseys?

What is the mystery of those jerseys?  If you're a fan of both the player and the team, then to like the jersey would not be odd.

Here's the thing I hate: names on jerseys that shouldn't have them. 

19 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

ff_3159780_full.jpg&w=340ff_3159796_full.jpg&w=340

People who wear these things (even with the team's own players) really deserve a slap.  And shame on the Red Sox for outfitting their own old-timers in such defaced jerseys in recent on-field ceremonies.

Image result for red sox old-timers

Here's one that I don't think is sold, but whose mere existence bothers me:

David+Villa+Toronto+Blue+Jays+v+New+York+Yankees+Ph4KLCJB1qJl.jpg   Related image

Can you imagine?  A Yankee jersey with a name is bad enough, but to give one of the retired numbers to another sport's player is taking things too far. 

• Like 1

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

20 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

ff_3159780_full.jpg&w=340ff_3159796_full.jpg&w=340ff_3159787_full.jpg&w=340ff_3159795_full.jpg&w=340ff_3103385_full.jpg&w=340

I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing. In fact, I like the crossover for markets that allow it.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

13 hours ago, BrianLion said:

Did those NFL players wear those jerseys throwing out a first pitch or something? 

Otherwise this seems like a sad attempt to capitalize off another more popular sport's marketable stars. 

Exactly what I was thinking.

Mets don't have one yet for Darnold and he hasn't thrown out the first pitch yet. Made one anyway

samd.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/15/2018 at 11:55 AM, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

What is the mystery of those jerseys?  If you're a fan of both the player and the team, then to like the jersey would not be odd.

Here's the thing I hate: names on jerseys that shouldn't have them. 

People who wear these things (even with the team's own players) really deserve a slap.  And shame on the Red Sox for outfitting their own old-timers in such defaced jerseys in recent on-field ceremonies.

Image result for red sox old-timers

Here's one that I don't think is sold, but whose mere existence bothers me:

David+Villa+Toronto+Blue+Jays+v+New+York+Yankees+Ph4KLCJB1qJl.jpg   Related image

Can you imagine?  A Yankee jersey with a name is bad enough, but to give one of the retired numbers to another sport's player is taking things too far. 

Here's my thing with these. I'd rather have this exist and people wear them as replicas, rather than buy fakes with no name on it.

Of course, the proper solution is to sell replicas without names on them, but I doubt that'll happen. 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

No, it doesn't.  The white outline is totally unnecessary. 

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."