Unpopular Opinions

56 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

barry-sanders-legend_zpsa1f27e01.jpg

^ one of the most overrated, generic looking uniforms in NFL history. 

I thought you were going to say "running backs" rather than "uniforms" and I was going to have to bust a cap in your hindquarters...

• Like 8

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 5:27 PM, Harmening said:

Looks like the Drill Sergeant from Full Metal Jacket dressed as a pirate.

"I am Gunnery Pirate Hartman, your senior cannon instructarrrrrrrrr!"

Played, of course, by Arrrrrrrr. Lee Arrrrrrrrrmey.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

I thought you were going to say "running backs" rather than "uniforms" and I was going to have to bust a cap in your hindquarters...

That would warrant a severe response.   But the statement about the uniforms deserves a meaning scowl. 

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

16 hours ago, Morgo said:

The original six do not house the best looking teams in the NHL.  Only Boston, Detroit and Chicago deserve this distinction. 

Out of curiosity, what teams would you put above the Rangers, Canadiens, and Leafs?

Personally, I do think the Devils, Islanders, and Oilers can give Detroit a run for their money (I'd personally put the other O6 teams head-and-shoulders above everyone else). I'd take each of their home sweaters above the Red Wings' actually - I suppose that may be an unpopular opinion itself. Though I don't think any of them can match Detroit's superb white sweater, which is probably neck-and-neck with the Hawks for best road uniform in the NHL.

4 minutes ago, kroywen said:

Out of curiosity, what teams would you put above the Rangers, Canadiens, and Leafs?

Personally, I do think the Devils, Islanders, and Oilers can give Detroit a run for their money (I'd personally put the other O6 teams head-and-shoulders above everyone else). I'd take each of their home sweaters above the Red Wings' actually - I suppose that may be an unpopular opinion itself. Though I don't think any of them can match Detroit's superb white sweater, which is probably neck-and-neck with the Hawks for best road uniform in the NHL.

Stars, Blues, and Devils spring to mind immediately.

5 hours ago, kroywen said:

The Hawks don't have the best road jersey in the league... 

I'd say 

• Wings
  • Blues
  • Wild
  • Boston
  • Hawks

Maybe the Rangers after that...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

1 hour ago, Morgo said:

The Hawks might have the best home jersey in the league

The Hawks might have both the best home jersey and the best road jersey in the league.

(Gun to my head, I'd say Montreal has the absolute best home jersey in the league, but I can't argue with anyone who prefers the Hawks' red duds.)

Alright, so....

I like these ten times better than the currents:

WP_Act_Curry_0910_1024.jpg

There, I said it. 

But, if you ask me what the best Warriors uniform of all time is? It's this one:

ap_golden_warriors_2_kb_150528_4x3_992.j

The "City" uniforms are great on the front and shorts, but the crammed "number in the trolley car" gimmick just doesn't work for me. And while the currents aren't bad, if you're going to hearken to the throwback inspired crest and numbers on front, you've got to do it on a uniform that is more traditional to really complete the throwback inspired look. The modern(ish) look just doesn't work or mesh with it, even if the side panels are supposed to nod to the bridge. It's just too much competing for my attention. To me, choose one or the other. Modern application with just a wordmark and numbers, or crest and numbers on a more classic uniform.

• Like 1

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

On 6/5/2016 at 1:20 PM, MCM0313 said:

I agree. The black outlines in their current uniform really makes everything pop out a lot better. If you change the black facemask back to blue it would be perfect.

2015-NFL-Draft-Detroit-Lions-Seven-Round

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Alright, so....

I like these ten times better than the currents:

WP_Act_Curry_0910_1024.jpg

There, I said it. 

But, if you ask me what the best Warriors uniform of all time is? It's this one:

ap_golden_warriors_2_kb_150528_4x3_992.j

The "City" uniforms are great on the front and shorts, but the crammed "number in the trolley car" gimmick just doesn't work for me. And while the currents aren't bad, if you're going to hearken to the throwback inspired crest and numbers on front, you've got to do it on a uniform that is more traditional to really complete the throwback inspired look. The modern(ish) look just doesn't work or mesh with it, even if the side panels are supposed to nod to the bridge. It's just too much competing for my attention. To me, choose one or the other. Modern application with just a wordmark and numbers, or crest and numbers on a more classic uniform.

I agree with your whole post. The current uniforms don't work for me because of the huge blue / yellow badge an a white / blue jersey. Worked much better on their classic uniforms (like the one you posted above). And I really liked the Warriors in navy and orange.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

2 hours ago, IceBurgs70 said:

I agree. The black outlines in their current uniform really makes everything pop out a lot better. If you change the black facemask back to blue it would be perfect.

2015-NFL-Draft-Detroit-Lions-Seven-Round

Actually the thin helmet stripe bugs the heck out of me...

On 6/5/2016 at 0:23 PM, BrandMooreArt said:

barry-sanders-legend_zpsa1f27e01.jpg

^ one of the most overrated, generic looking uniforms in NFL history. 

Not very overrated. I rather take this look than looking close to the Carolina Panthers!!!

The Lions looked much better. Even I think the Cowboys should do the Metallic Cyan pants on both the navy and white tops and the helmet go Metallic Cyan too.

• Like 1