Unpopular Opinions

On 6/26/2017 at 11:53 AM, Chawls said:

The Arizona Cardinals' uniform doesn't look all that bad IF it's paired with white shoes. 

IMG_1676.JPG

IMG_1675.JPG

IMG_1674.JPG

The unnecessary piping and random white underarm panels are really the only major issues with their set.. They're just so egregious that it adds up to make it look very bad.. Dropping those elements would equate to a different twist on the Broncos' look, which wouldn't necessarily be bad..

• Like 2

On 6/26/2017 at 11:53 AM, Chawls said:

The Arizona Cardinals' uniform doesn't look all that bad IF it's paired with white shoes. 

IMG_1676.JPG

IMG_1675.JPG

IMG_1674.JPG

It's funny looking at these because when they were first worn, I thought these were great as a kid. I thought the Falcons and Cardinals had a much better jersey. I remember thinking, "it looks much better than the boring set they used to wear". Oh, how times have changed.

Today I still think both logos are great updates (maybe the Falcons can tweak it a bit) but both teams do need cleaner uniforms. The pipings scream Mid-2000s. 

• Like 2

XM4KeeA.png

27 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Ditto. I think they'd look kinda dull with just navy and silver.

Like I said, navy and silver-green would clash well. If the navy was downgraded to dark royal blue then I can see the white jerseys working. I need to finish my concepts (need a new fan to my other laptop).

• Like 1

On 6/25/2017 at 3:35 PM, DouglasQuaid said:

I feel like its a great concept but I would rather see it colored like the original TC

59501e9a82947_TClogo.png.8dfac7b87c5a9f9023ec4d0da1553a3f.png

But that defeats the whole point of why I made it, which was to get rid of that faulty coloration and give them a monogram in one color with an outline and reinforce their color distribution as navy and white with red accents (that is to say, navy and red, but scripts, names, and numbers would never ever appear in red as they often have, only navy or white depending on background).

EDIT: perhaps not the whole point -- the secondary objective was to lose the wishbone C and give them a non-block slab-serif C because that way Chicago, Cleveland, Cincinnati, and Cities would all have their own style of C.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Cardinals should reinstate the navy road cap and belts, but only if they add a red bill to the hat. That would not only tie it in with the 1940-55 cap, but it would also add a nice dash of color in the same way the red hat does now.

IMG_5331.PNG

The all-navy hat is too drab, while the all red hat is too bright when paired with the road uniforms. This is the perfect "happy medium." Also, the red hat should always be the home cap. It's a nice cap that's been a symbol of the team's post-Musial identity (through their classic-styled sets and the pullover/sansabelt/powder blue zaniness).

• Like 3

I'm warming up to the Padres' home jerseys.  Still wish they had kept the gold though...and the road unis shouldn't have that bow tie font.  I was at the Dodgers/Padres game Friday; I love the brown alternates, but don't thing the Taco Bell hat goes with it.  Solid brown would be better.

• Like 1

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

Pros: Actually depicts a knight instead of using a West Point-esque Spartan helmet and trying to pass it off as a knight's helm.

Cons: Awkward shield shape, dated as hell wordmark, unnecessary hockey stick, bad colour scheme, and too cartoony. It's what a NHL team called the "Knights" would have used if they were a 90s expansion team. And I don't mean that in a good way.

The Vegas Golden Knights logo's very flawed, but I think I prefer it over this one.

Not-Sure-If-This-Is-An-Unpopular-Opinion-Or-Not:

This is the best "Knights" logo any team has ever used...

SG2VDDI.gif

Followed by this one...

KIVYkfI.gif

• Like 1

On 4/22/2017 at 5:34 PM, buzzcut said:

No sports team should ever retire any number, regardless of popularity.

I think we just just found the straw that wants to break the camel's back.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Unpopular Opinion: The 90s Lightning logo sucked and the jerseys were meh and there's nothing redeeming or better compared to the current set. I've never seen an "add black and silver" Lightning concept that I've liked since the rebrand. it's forcing a square peg into a round hole since the logo wasn't designed to have outlines or fill.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, raysox said:

Unpopular Opinion: The 90s Lightning logo sucked and the jerseys were meh and there's nothing redeeming or better compared to the current set. I've never seen an "add black and silver" Lightning concept that I've liked since the rebrand. it's forcing a square peg into a round hole since the logo wasn't designed to have outlines or fill.

Could not agree more. As much as I miss the old color scheme.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, raysox said:

This one hurts to admit but you're right. Every concept that adds black misses the point entirely. 

• Like 3
Midway.png