raysox

Unpopular Opinions

On 9/25/2017 at 9:29 PM, radchad said:

I miss the Niners' metallic pants.

I miss metallic pants in football, period. Stupid Nike.

1 hour ago, Ark said:

If they Twins are the best looking navy/red team now what were they before?

1f5a87e36a86b88d21948bd03dcd0408.jpg

Torii+Hunter+smile.jpg

Maybe the pinstripe home jersey was better (but not really) but the new road is a thousand times better. The new wordmark alone is way better.

Personally, I think pinstripes only really work with chest logos and on top of that, a well designed wordmark like the Twins' shouldn't have lines running through it.

3 hours ago, Ark said:

If the Twins are the best looking navy/red team now what were they before?

1f5a87e36a86b88d21948bd03dcd0408.jpg

Torii+Hunter+smile.jpg

Maybe this is the more unpopular opinion, but beyond the World Series nostalgia (which is, admittedly, a big factor) I never really felt the love for these uniforms. Pinstripes to me were never a key aspect that the Twins absolutely needed, especially on the road. As said before I think both the home & away “pop” way more without pinstripes. I will concede that gold should probably be dropped, though it was a unique idea for differentiation. Although the current set isn’t perfect, I would pretty easily take it over what they had in, say 2009.

On 2017-09-26 at 3:39 PM, FinsUp1214 said:

On today's episode of "I'm just gonna go ahead and say it"....

This is my all-time favorite Leafs look.

IMG_7164.JPG.ca9808daff90706c228eaad9612f8ff9.JPG

*ducks for cover*

Love this sweater ever since I discovered it looking through a historical hockey book as a kid. NHL needs more retro. 

18 minutes ago, joob said:

NHL needs more retro. 

That Leafs sweater may be "retro" now, but at the time it was a pretty radical and modern departure from the Leafs' established look. The team went back to that classic look after ditching that set, meaning if anything it's still "retro futuristic" rather than full-on "retro."

It's time. The Redskins should drop the gold pants, just like they did in the 1970s.

image.thumb.png.2459a72e7d5ada6cc9c0ed155dc914d1.png

image.thumb.png.a80aefd00542305ae88ce995b51e0360.png

I love the Redskins' gold pants. Both at home and on the road, though especially at home.

I'm generally not a fan of dark pants in football, though the Redskins' burgundy pants are an exception. I wouldn't get rid of them, but instead just wear them a few times a year on the road.

This is probably an unpopular opinion, though - I think the Redskins' best road look is this:

was-whiteyellow-2-620x704.jpg

1 hour ago, DeFrank said:

It's time. The Redskins should drop the gold pants, just like they did in the 1970s.

image.thumb.png.a80aefd00542305ae88ce995b51e0360.png

White jersey/burgandy pants is good, which they've already switched back to since last season. Burgandy jersey/gold pants still looks good. The gold contrasts nicely with the burgandy. Gorgeous, unique look. White pants is too plain. The Chiefs have that boring look, but they're not going to wear yellow pants with that bright red.

1 hour ago, DeFrank said:

This look would go from a nine to a solid ten if the players all wore their socks the correct way up (matching the sleeve stripes).

On 26/09/2017 at 1:39 PM, FinsUp1214 said:

On today's episode of "I'm just gonna go ahead and say it"....

This is my all-time favorite Leafs look.

IMG_7164.JPG.ca9808daff90706c228eaad9612f8ff9.JPG

*ducks for cover*

One thing that occurred to me about this set: swap out the front crest and replace the arm-sash(?) with standard stripes and this is basically what they're wearing now.
MapleLeafs30.png MapleLeafs52.png

Who is it that did "Habsing the NHL?" We need a "Yanking the MLB" where all teams have pinstripes. (If it hasn't already been done.)

EDIT: @bkknight95 Credit where credit is due. 

8 hours ago, DeFrank said:

Any combo except colored monochrome... they can just mix and match IMO. I don't think they have a bad look.

7 hours ago, mcj882000 said:

One thing that occurred to me about this set: swap out the front crest and replace the arm-sash(?) with standard stripes and this is basically what they're wearing now.
MapleLeafs30.png MapleLeafs52.png

I'm pretty sure changing logos and major design features will lead you to what most teams are wearing today.  

8 hours ago, the admiral said:

Gold pants at home, burgundy on the road is the right way to go.

I personally like when teams have home and road looks. I don't know if they still do this but the Dolphins used to wear white over white at home but white over teal on the road and I can get behind something like that with the Redskins. Burgundy over yellow at home but burgundy over white on the road (or at least in Dallas).

It'd be nice if they could get all their striping on the same page though.

10 hours ago, the admiral said:

Gold pants at home, burgundy on the road is the right way to go.

I agree with everyone that says the gold pants look good. I still think they should drop them. The Redskins introduced uniforms in 1970 that are very similar to the home uniform now in terms of color Shades, helmet logo, striping waist down. In 1978, they dropped gold pants and didn’t wear them again regularly till 2010.

Time for a new cycle! 2010-2017 gold pants, and a new era of just burgundy and white (plus three more Super Bowls?) for 30 years.

F1132EF7-ED9B-45DB-AE4D-0A28142E9BE4.png

Through the first two games of the NHL season, I find myself really liking the Vegas Golden Knights. Even the name. I thought it was stupid at first, but I like "Vegas" and I like "Golden Knights." It gives the team a unique and flashy identity. Perfect for the city. 

The red numbers work fine when the road uniform is worn as designed with blue pants and red socks.