New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's nice to see a colour getting brighter rather than duller.

This is the opposite of what the Jets and the Oakland A's did when they ditched the bright Kelly green for their current dull green shades, and what the Rams and the Brewers did when they threw away brilliant blue and yellow shades for dulled versions.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

The more I read this thread the more I think they should have found a way for the helmet to not be the logo.

I admit it; I am a "uniform" guy and not a "logo" guy. That's why I can stomach the Clippers; yeah, the logo is a disaster, but I like the uniform and that's what matters more. Even so, this whole mess of what facemask to use has me also being a "logo" guy now. Helmets don't all have the same ear hole and facemask. Hell, they don't even all have the same shape. Whether helmet evolution is about safety/functionality or marketing, they look different and the logo going back to the 80s is weird.

So on the field, I love the helmet (brown mask; no big things tried) but off the field, they probably need a logo even if (like the Vikings) it does not appear on the uniforms. The helmet, given all the changes over the last 15 years, is not working as a logo.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I like the brown face mask and the new orange. But I'm shocked they didn't use a modern helmet template. That would've been my guess, but oh well, that's the Browns.

Also the Dawg Pound logo is disappointing.

THIS.

They've used different helmet templates in the past, but somehow this one has survived since 1992. It was fine then, but it looks dated now. If you want a modern evolution of your traditional brand elements, why would you NOT use a modern helmet template? Oh, because you're the Browns and you can't even be trusted to make a grilled cheese sandwich.

If their use of the old dog logo is any indication they probably won't use the new dog logo that much so I'm whatever on that.

New thing I just noticed - they're still using the almost-black brown. I was hoping they'd lighten that sh** (word choice very much intended) up a few shades.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I like the brown face mask and the new orange. But I'm shocked they didn't use a modern helmet template. That would've been my guess, but oh well, that's the Browns.

Also the Dawg Pound logo is disappointing.

THIS.

They've used different helmet templates in the past, but somehow this one has survived since 1992. It was fine then, but it looks dated now. If you want a modern evolution of your traditional brand elements, why would you NOT use a modern helmet template? Oh, because you're the Browns and you can't even be trusted to make a grilled cheese sandwich.

Or, because 1) the modern helmet shapes are proprietary designs of those companies, so the Browns would have to pay Riddell for every time the logo appeared on a t-shirt; and 2) literally every other NFL team has a logo in this template, so it would be silly for them to create a new Revo Speed logo (which would be dated in 5 years) while also having the NFL-mandated logo in the current style to match all other teams'.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived