Ask A Moderator

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Screen%20Shot%202015-03-16%20at%2012.39.

Basically, the page I was on was in my reply box, and was fully functional. I've never had this happen before, and no clue how it occurred. Refreshing the page fixed the problem, but I'm pretty curious about it.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

If I switched to the full version on my phone, is it easy to switch back to the mobile version? The "mobile version" link at the bottome isn't working.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I haven't made a post on this forum in a while and I looked at my profile today and noticed I have one yellow star out of a total of five. I looked at another person's profile and noticed that you can rate a SportsLogos.net contributor between 1 and 5 stars. What is the point of this? Like, the only way I can see it as being useful is if you get into an argument with someone in a thread you can then visit their profile and give them one star out of spite. What exactly are we basing our ratings on? How much you agree with the person's posts in the forum? The quality of their uniform and logo concept designs? I don't do a lot of forum participation on other sites but this is the first time I have ever seen a rating system for members to rate other members. It just seems like an odd feature, and it just makes people really curious why they might have a low rating and who gave them that low rating. It seems really childish and is like the internet version of stuff kids do in school. "I'm arguing with this person about whether the piping on a softball jersey should be black or red. I say black, he says red. Screw him, I'm rating his profile one star!" Or, "This person bashes all my uni and logo concepts every time I post them. Boy am I gonna get him back, I'm gonna rate his profile one star!" Can we just stop the madness?

Second question: What does the "Like This!" button in every post do? Is it just a simple way to tell someone you agree with what they wrote? After you click a few "Like This!" buttons does the site compile a list of posts you Liked, like Facebook does? If so where is this list kept so I can view it? When I like a post is my screen name shown publicly in a list on that post like on Facebook? It seems like this "Like This!" feature isn't that popular in this forum because I looked around at various threads and I didn't see a single "Like This!" button clicked, unless it is anonymous and only appears clicked if you yourself clicked it. Anyway, please give me all the details about the "Like This!" button because I have an idea for it that would make it more appropriate for this site.

Don't worry so much about your rating.

Liking used to be visible to everyone. Underneath the post there used to be a little box showing who exactly liked the post, but that function seems to have been taken out. Don't know why, I liked it. Now, you only get a personal notification when someone has liked your post.

• Like 1

Liking used to be visible to everyone. Underneath the post there used to be a little box showing who exactly liked the post, but that function seems to have been taken out. Don't know why, I liked it. Now, you only get a personal notification when someone has liked your post.

I don't think it was intentionally removed; it went away at the same time quotes got screwed up. Maybe it'll be fixed with the next board update.

Speaking of which, we're due for another one soon, no? IIRC, the last one was in 2012.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I don't think it was intentionally removed; it went away at the same time quotes got screwed up. Maybe it'll be fixed with the next board update.

Speaking of which, we're due for another one soon, no? IIRC, the last one was in 2012.

I visit another forum with the same software, and their quotes and likes work very well. It's fun when it does.

Today I started seeing people's names in quotes for the first time in forever, but it seems to work only when I open a reply box.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

If you move your mouse over a member name on the left side of the page, the names in all the quotes magically appear.

While I'm here...When I put a YouTube link in a post in the BASS thread, it no longer shows the YouTube clip in the post. It just posts a link to the video. This started about two weeks ago. Before then, the clips posted just fine. My guess is I accidentally changed a setting but I can't seem to figure out which setting I changed. Anyone know the answer?

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

If you move your mouse over a member name on the left side of the page, the names in all the quotes magically appear.

While I'm here...When I put a YouTube link in a post in the BASS thread, it no longer shows the YouTube clip in the post. It just posts a link to the video. This started about two weeks ago. Before then, the clips posted just fine. My guess is I accidentally changed a setting but I can't seem to figure out which setting I changed. Anyone know the answer?

This started happening to me too a lot longer ago, maybe like 4-5 months. I would usually just link an audio video in the what are you listening to thread, but it just puts links and it bugged me so I wouldn't post it.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Thank you so much for the info. One more question about the Like This! button: why is there a 5 Likes per day limit? I can't even imagine what the reasoning behind that might be. Maybe so you don't overwhelm a single person you are arguing with with Like notifications? The 5 Like limit kind of defeats the purpose of the Like This button though. I mean, I enjoy reading the forum, and when I read something I agree with I want to click the Like This button. The fact that I can only do it 5 times per day actually discourages me from continuing to read forum posts.

Thank you so much for the info. One more question about the Like This! button: why is there a 5 Likes per day limit? I can't even imagine what the reasoning behind that might be. Maybe so you don't overwhelm a single person you are arguing with with Like notifications? The 5 Like limit kind of defeats the purpose of the Like This button though. I mean, I enjoy reading the forum, and when I read something I agree with I want to click the Like This button. The fact that I can only do it 5 times per day actually discourages me from continuing to read forum posts.

And thus we have identified the critical difference between this forum and reddit, and explaining why this site is better. (Aside from the comparative lack of felonious activity).

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.