2015 MLB Season Thread with Postseason Discussion

Gary

Meant to say in 1994 the season ended before post-season play took place, due to the strike.

I remember rooting for the Jays in 1993 against the Phillies (I loathe all Philadelphia teams). When Joe Carter hit that 3 run homer off of Mitch "Wild Thing" Williams, there was such glee!!!!

I hope to have glee this Sunday around 4:30pm with the Jets handing the Eagles their 3rd straight loss to start this NFL season.

Bubba, best of luck to your Blue Jays. I remember when they were brand new back in '77...hard to fathom this upcoming season of 2016, both the Jays and M's will be entering their 40th seasons!!!!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Milwaukee moved to the NL, I had no problem with it since the Braves were in Milwaukee and Milwaukee had a National League feel to it anyway. I however continue to struggle seeing the Houston Astros in the AL West. It's a real shame the Diamondbacks didn't move to the AL West instead, oh well...

Quite frankly, it should have been the Rockies moving to the AL West and the Astros returning to the NL West (where they would probably be worrying less about winning the division).

While one could argue that the '98 teams should have both been AL teams (as the '93 expansion consisted of two NL teams), the Diamondbacks have had tangible success in the NL (one World Series, one pennant, and five division titles) compared to the Rockies (one pennant and three wild card titles). I'd also enjoy seeing the DH in a mile-high environment. Still, I'm cool with the Astros in the AL West.

But going back to the Blue Jays, I'm thrilled to see them return to the playoffs after over 20 years away. We need new blood in the playoffs, and I think the Jays and Royals are an excellent infusion of said blood.

I've been a Jays fan ever since I was little, and now I'm on the verge of watching them make the playoffs for the first time in my life. Unfortunately, I've been balancing heavy schoolwork with absurd working hours, and I've missed out on all the fun. I've attended only two games this and watched only a few more all the way through (when was the last time I even posted in this thread?). I've done my best to keep up with the scores, stats, transactions, etc., but damn, it just sucks. Anyways, we can clinch a playoff spot tonight, so that's one game I'll be sure to catch. In any event,

Let's Go Blue Jays!

'Jays in 30' every night all season on Sportsnet, replays late.

This is probably the most balanced Jays roster ever, if the young pitching can perform in the playoffs & the offense can perform against playoff caliber pitching staffs.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

I don't even really remember the 1992 and 93 World Series wins. This has been the first legitimately good Jays teams since I've started watching Major League Baseball with any sort of regularity.

And it's amazing!

I haven't seen any of my teams really perform all that well in a long time. Most of my young life really. So it is incredible to see this Jays team.

Go Blue Jays Go!

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

I'm dusting off my Blackhawks pessimism and am painting it CUBBY BLUE!

I can't wait to inevitably play the goddamn Cardinals in goddamn St. Louis and lose a 1-game playoff there in front of their hordes of jean-short resplendent ass clowns.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'm so split on this. On the one hand, good for the Jays making the playoffs. On the other, they're sure screwing with the Argonauts's schedule this year. 2016 will be better for my more favourite team.

Normally I don't follow baseball much, but I have fully and unabashedly jumped on the Blue Jays' bandwagon over the past month or so. Even bought one of the "throwback" hats with the white front panels and the new logo that they wore last month, along with a Tulowitzki jersey T-shirt. I remember the ’92 and ’93 World Series wins — especially watching Joe Carter hit the winning HR in Game 6 in ’93 on one of the three channels we got on the TV in my parents' bedroom — and this Jays team is just as much fun to watch!

Archived