NBA Changes 2015-16 Season

Josh.0

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we call this the first instance of advertising on NBA uniforms?

No. It's just a tribute to a movie that came out in 1986 and is consisdered the greatest sports movie of all-time. That's all it is. I don't like the insane Star Wars uniform stuff in Minor League Baseball but I also know that it isn't an "evil corporate ploy" and is literally just the team trying to make a day fun and unique out of the long season.

bSLCtu2.png

I can't recall a pro team ever doing a full re-brand and not changing any of the striping, accents or details on the uniforms. Personally I think they threw this together so quickly that they haven't even produced a real uniform yet. The ones on the website initially were obvious photoshops and I think the ones at the PC were just old jerseys with the new font and logo slapped on.

Although the ones on the online shop are partial photoshops too (at least the front/back content) I would trust these over the others as they have unique striping.

7818A_LAC_AEB1532_3LP_MF_mr_large.jpg7818A_LAC_AEB1532_3LP_MB_mr_large.jpg?v=

lac_paul_white_fr_large.png?v=1434592702lac_paul_white_back.png?v=1434592702

Looks like the Clippers will be introducing their free agent signings today. Maybe we'll see the new jerseys IRL?

CKc5gT4UEAA_RYw.jpg

I really hate their redesign, but the jersey's look great from the back.

That number font looks very good actually. I'd like it for the Clippers - in a whole different identity, that is. That being said, the old identity was good as it was.

In response to JTtrainGBR83, those jerseys are the replica version and therefore feature simplified striping. The striping on those is not unique at all, it is the exact same as the striping from the last set, just without the red and blue piping within the stripes on each respective jersey. The authentic versions, and probably even the swingman, will feature the complete striping pattern, as seen in the press conferences.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

In response to JTtrainGBR83, those jerseys are the replica version and therefore feature simplified striping. The striping on those is not unique at all, it is the exact same as the striping from the last set, just without the red and blue piping within the stripes on each respective jersey. The authentic versions, and probably even the swingman, will feature the complete striping pattern, as seen in the press conferences.

You're right. I didn't realize the replicas were that different.

I can't believe they didn't change the striping at all then. That's really lazy and strange.

as movies? don't be silly, but they both are fictional teams. I hope the 76ers have a Pittsburgh Pythons/Pisces alts.

frosty06306, on 21 Jul 2015 - 20:26, said:

I think the Hickory Huskers/ Pacers unis are great! But, like I said, I think this is going to open up to more ficitonal teams like Flint Tropics unis for the Pistons

Are we really comparing Semi-Pro with Hoosiers?

I don't guess we can blame adidas for these ?

I can't recall a pro team ever doing a full re-brand and not changing any of the striping, accents or details on the uniforms. Personally I think they threw this together so quickly that they haven't even produced a real uniform yet. The ones on the website initially were obvious photoshops and I think the ones at the PC were just old jerseys with the new font and logo slapped on.

Although the ones on the online shop are partial photoshops too (at least the front/back content) I would trust these over the others as they have unique striping.

7818A_LAC_AEB1532_3LP_MF_mr_large.jpg7818A_LAC_AEB1532_3LP_MB_mr_large.jpg?v=

lac_paul_white_fr_large.png?v=1434592702lac_paul_white_back.png?v=1434592702

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

If I remember correctly, a lot of teams are going to add another jersey to their set for the 2015-16 season. This was confirmed by the Adidas catalog posted here a while back. Any ideas of when we will hear from the teams that haven't released their new uniforms yet? I mean it's almost August.

Archived