76ers new logo(s) and uniforms

ScubaSteve

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Philadelphia-76ers.jpg

Guys, this logo was never good. Not even when it debuted.

Black and gold dominated. Terrible looking uniforms. Pure garbage compared to everything else the Sixers had used up to that point.

6uXNWAo.png

Additional details from someone that has seen them:

-- home and road have the partial primary 76ers logo on the left leg of the shorts, but the red alt doesn't

-- red alt is basically a modernization of the 80s uniform....no stars down the sides (EDIT: oops)

-- all 3 have the circle of stars (the middle logo below) at the center of the waistband

1249080041467044135.png

-- home and road have the partial primary 76ers logo on the left leg of the shorts, but the red alt doesn't

-- red alt is basically a modernization of the 80s uniform....no stars down the sides

-- all 3 have the circle of stars (the middle logo below) at the center of the waistband

1249080041467044135.png

Perfect! I can't wait to see them tonight.

-- red alt is basically a modernization of the 80s uniform....no stars down the sides

1249080041467044135.png

Perfect! I can't wait to see them tonight.

I really wish that I could go to the unveiling but I have a prior engagement. These are gonna be great!

I agree with some others on the Iverson set. I think it worked. Maybe it was the turn of the millennium-ness of it, how it was new and different at a time the Sixers were being singlehandedly dragged to the Finals by an unconventional superstar. I don't know. They were pretty good in a vacuum, as were Iverson's signature Reebok shoes "Answer I." It was symbolic of that Sixers era, and it was better than other looks which symbolized new eras, such as the Jazz or Sonics of the late '90s.

That being said, they were inappropriate for the franchise. Just as it's hard to imagine Iverson in a Dr. J era Sixers set, it's hard to imagine any non-00's Sixers in the black/red/gold/silver/blue set. So it's fine that the Sixers wore them. They should wear throwbacks every 5 or 10 years to celebrate Iverson's era. But they need to move on. No recoloring or brining that set back in any form.

I agree with your post and love what I'm seeing here but I want to see them use the Iverson era number font on these jerseys instead of the block numbers (a true combination of every era)

Blue and red on the white

red and white on the blue

and blue and white on the red

Still buying one of these though...

More details on the stripes:

-- home uniform = blue stripes, white stars, red trim

-- road uniform = white stripes, blue stars, red trim

-- stars don't go the full length of the shorts

Big Ed,

Any word on the number of stars on the side panels? I'm hoping to see 7 stars on one side and 6 on the other, for 13 total. I think it'd be a cool way to represent both the 76ers, and the original 13 colonies.

No, but I'm guessing it'll be like the old ones, split 4/2 or 3/3 on each side

Archived