U.S. Soccer New Logo?

Sport Billy

1 hour ago, BlackBolt3 said:

Somewhat contemplating buying that warmup shirt out of spite...

Tonight the ladies played in the old kits, but the new crest was mixed in on a few of the promotional stuff. Pretty weird sight.

More evidence of the federation failing to take the women's team into account.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pre planning would have solved everything, but at this point it doesn't make sense to make new jerseys for the women's team with the new logo, with the new 2016 jerseys coming out soon.

makes more sense however, that the logo reveal would have taken place after the shebelieves cup

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

I'll have to get more images of the sleeves, but at first glance I do not understand the light blue. Or anything that registers as light blue. I dunno, looks kinda Englandy to me. That said, it's kind of nice on its own merits and miles better than the black one.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Both the black and white kits are just atrocious, you'd think with a new crest we could get a fairly straight forward navy kit and a white kit. I'm longing for the pre 2014 run Nike was on, seems like they moved that design team to the French account.

5 hours ago, BroadSt_Bully said:

New home kit...

12814689_999601236744379_191291328009536

rDPlvtc.gif

I'll hold my complete judgement until a full reveal, but so far, this might be the largest swing and miss on the US kits Nike has had. The only good thing is the crest.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

On 3/4/2016 at 7:51 PM, aawagner011 said:

New prematch shirt. Not great, not bad. Just "eh." At least it uses red and blue.

image.jpeg

Miles better than the actual home and away shirts.

On 3/1/2016 at 10:02 PM, BrandMooreArt said:

im not really one for "here's what i would have done logo proposals" but Manuel dos Santos nailed it here. the shapes, alignment, spacing, and weights of this little tweak make for a far better crafted logo. you might say "but it doesn't feature 13 stripes!", but with this concept, 13 stripes doesn't work. it's still clear what this logo represents, and thats the point while having a well crafted logo, but if you want 13 stripes, its just not going to work within this design

CcbFD5lVAAEi09b.jpg

You say there isn't thirteen stripes, but if you start counting with the white stripe to the left (just inside the blue) and each red/white stripe from left to right, you do get 13 stripes total. I know you were counting the 3 under each letter and the two white spacing stripes to arrive at 11. But, if you count the spacing stripes between the letters, count the two white stripes at each end. 13.

I think the use of that unused space to signify the 12th and 13th stripe makes the logo much more symmetrical and symbolic.

7 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

You say there isn't thirteen stripes, but if you start counting with the white stripe to the left (just inside the blue) and each red/white stripe from left to right, you do get 13 stripes total. I know you were counting the 3 under each letter and the two white spacing stripes to arrive at 11. But, if you count the spacing stripes between the letters, count the two white stripes at each end. 13.

I think the use of that unused space to signify the 12th and 13th stripe makes the logo much more symmetrical and symbolic.

Swing and a miss, the flag has 7 red stripes and 6 white stripes not the other way around, so you are still off by a lot

2 hours ago, dont care said:

Swing and a miss, the flag has 7 red stripes and 6 white stripes not the other way around, so you are still off by a lot

yea thats my thinking as well. it doesn't work for me with the flag beginning and ending with a red stripe. we might be getting a bit pedantic  with this, but thats just not how i would spin it if i designed it - i like the 11 players angle much better. 

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

13 hours ago, dont care said:

13 is 13. Regardless in which sequence. Most people don't care which sequence, since it's not a real flag being used. Else we'd decry why there wasn't a field of blue with 50 stars, either. The symbolism is the 13 colonies is what we started with. And nobody is going to care whether Delaware's stripe is white or red.

8 minutes ago, Sykotyk said:

13 is 13. Regardless in which sequence. Most people don't care which sequence, since it's not a real flag being used. Else we'd decry why there wasn't a field of blue with 50 stars, either. The symbolism is the 13 colonies is what we started with. And nobody is going to care whether Delaware's stripe is white or red.

I completely disagree with this thinking. The US flag stripes are clearly bounded the by red stripes. If you're going to do 13, do it right, not some half-assed variation. And you can't count the outer white portions as stripes because then what do you call the lower portion of white? It's all part of the outer stroke and would screw up the design.

On 3/5/2016 at 10:52 AM, BroadSt_Bully said:

New home kit...

12814689_999601236744379_191291328009536

Is the sleeve patter supposed to allude to/echo the old denim kits from 1994? That's the only reasoning I can think of, which makes me halfway wish for jorts to match.

That being said, burn it with fire.

Archived