U.S. Soccer New Logo?

Sport Billy

I made a mockup of the kits based on what we know so far. There are definitely pinstripes on the sleeves, so I have included those. No clue on the shorts or socks. You can see the white top has red stripes down the sides, so I am guessing those will continue through to the shorts. Would not surprise me one bit to see one red and one blue sock cuff each, or something similar on the black set.

Click for full-res.

USAMock.png

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the US gets its first new crest design in two decades (not counting the addition of gold trim and the later recolor of the blue), and Nike decides to debut it with THIS kit? With vaguely denim-y sleeves that are a color not found on the new crest at all? When they finally get rid of their terribly dated 90's crest, they decide to debut their new crest with terribly dated sleeves that are straight out of the 90's? In a year where they're hosting the Copa America, to boot?

Awful design all around, and terrible branding decision. If they were smart, they'd have paired the new crest with a classic, conservative kit that emphasizes the new crest design, and that would sell like hotcakes. Very unfortunate.

The kits, the badge and the typeface just do not work together at all. Each might be fine independently but seems fully unaware of the larger context. So sloppy, at what you'd think is such an important time for the fed and Nike.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

1 hour ago, crashcarson15 said:

It would be a really solid kit if, you know, the blue on the sleeves matched the blue on the crest — one way or the other.

I almost think we should make the black kit the training kit and make the red training jersey the home shirt. Pretty sad that the training gear is the best part of all this.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

These are certainly ugly (even my wife who doesn't really care about soccer said so), but if they are going to keep those sleeves, at least have the blue match the navy from the crest. Honestly, with Nike, sometimes I just think they like to troll people.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Archived