College Football Uniforms - 2016 Season

buckeye

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprisingly nice new "Candy Stripe" alternates for Indiana to be worn on 10/15:

IMG_2285.JPGIMG_2286.JPGIMG_2287.JPG

IMG_2289.JPG

Although as you can see in the last photo, Adidas is doing the stupid thing of having the pants extend down past the knee to look like tights. If you remember, Reebok (owned by Adidas at the time) tried this win the NFL Pro Bowl uniforms in one of their last seasons as the NFL's provider. 

It looks terrible but other than that ridiculous feature it's a pretty nice uniform.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

16 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Surprisingly nice new "Candy Stripe" alternates for Indiana to be worn on 10/15:

IMG_2285.JPG

Although as you can see in the last photo, Adidas is doing the stupid thing of having the pants extend down past the knee to look like tights. If you remember, Reebok (owned by Adidas at the time) tried this win the NFL Pro Bowl uniforms in one of their last seasons as the NFL's provider. 

It looks terrible but other than that ridiculous feature it's a pretty nice uniform.

Dang those look nice.  Put on some normal pants, slap the IU logo on the helmets instead of numbers, and that would be a nice, unique regular home uni.

Will the long pants be worn in the game, or could it be possible they just being used for the photoshoot?

I'm pretty sure they just put the pants on awkwardly. If they designed them to be that way the thigh slots would be over the thighs and the knee pad slots would be over the knees. I'd imagine this was just a case of pants that were too big and a model that doesn't know how to put football pants on. 

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

IMG_2289.JPG

So close! I really like the jersey. Nice way of tying in the candy stripe without going overboard. For my taste, I would've liked to see them do a red/white/red stripe down the sides of the pants and use the Indiana script on the helmet.

CCSLC Signature.jpg

Since the Indiana game is when they play Nebraska, it's at least a nice change from the samey-same red/white look.

"Hey Huskers, we're taking vertical stripes. You guys use horizontal ones."

"Okay, sounds good."

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

2 minutes ago, pianoknight said:

Since the Indiana game is when they play Nebraska, it's at least a nice change from the samey-same red/white look.

"Hey Huskers, we're taking vertical stripes. You guys use horizontal ones."

"Okay, sounds good."

When any combo of Nebraska, Indiana, Wisconsin play I wish for "clash" kits, using a totally different color like is used in soccer. Just looks like a scrimmage.

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

IMG_2289.JPG

I actually like these! The jerseys anyways. Pants would be nice if they were regular length. It's like they had a track athlete design them. And like was said earlier just add the IU or Indiana script to the helmet and you're done. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I didn't realize until I checked the retail version, but Indiana's numbers will have the state flag logo (design?) inside the numbers, similar to Western Kentucky placing the school's seal inside.

Brandon-Doughty_Large-e1399741467172.jpg

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

On 10/4/2016 at 10:10 PM, AndrewMLind said:

That was two seasons ago. Started wearing painted helmets at Virginia Tech nine months later. 

You're right about that pic... here are a few from the Fiesta Bowl vs ND, and all of the stripes seem to have a decal cut.

Ohio-State-Buckeyes.jpg

ct-pre-combine-mock-drafts-bears-20160223-008.jpg

AR-160109982.jpg

StadiumSig.gif

Archived