Seattle NHL Brand Discussion

Toronto206

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Survival79 said:

If it's not the Seattle Cranes I'm going to be very, very disappointed.

Seattle still the crane capital of the US

spacer.png

Mercy.

I always thought this one was genius, because it hits the trifecta:

Frasier, Asian/Pacific culture, and endless high-rise construction.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 8/22/2019 at 11:50 AM, spartacat_12 said:

So Leiweke has revealed that the name will be announced in the first quarter of next year.

https://www.nhl.com/news/naming-nhl-seattle/c-308594950?tid=304993632

Which makes an ASG announcement a 90% certainty, I'd say.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

34 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

Do you know something or this just a feeling?  Seems a little too early to be awarding Seattle an all-star game right off the bat.  Of course, it all depends on whether the team/city wants to bid for the all-star game, but I would say that Vegas would be up for the game before Seattle.  Hosting the draft first might be more appropriate for Seattle.

8 minutes ago, M4One said:

Do you know something or this just a feeling?  Seems a little too early to be awarding Seattle an all-star game right off the bat.  Of course, it all depends on whether the team/city wants to bid for the all-star game, but I would say that Vegas would be up for the game before Seattle.  Hosting the draft first might be more appropriate for Seattle.

He meant the team name will be announced around the time of the 2020 ASG, not that Seattle would be awarded one.

On July 22, 2019 at 4:06 PM, M4One said:

It took me a moment, but I got it.

No talking during the anthem.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

17 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

He meant the team name will be announced around the time of the 2020 ASG, not that Seattle would be awarded one.

Correct.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

On 8/26/2019 at 3:36 PM, BeerGuyJordan said:

On 8/26/2019 at 4:22 PM, AstroBull21 said:

200.webp?cid=790b76111becbc3455a0e080a3c

FyVfBOy.png

Sc4Eo24.png

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

So the team has officially narrowed it down to 5 names:

Of all the pointless gimmicks...Who is going to care about a list that will have been irrelevant for 42 years, and is likely going to be leaked in the next month, anyways?

37 minutes ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

Of all the pointless gimmicks...Who is going to care about a list that will have been irrelevant for 42 years, and is likely going to be leaked in the next month, anyways?

Ohhh I think it's kinda fun.  And it's not like NHL Seattle organized this whole thing for their own gimmick.  A bunch of local groups were asked to contribute to this Space Needle time capsule, and this was what NHL Seattle contributed.  Even if it's not a huge revelation come 2062, it's still another little way to continue building awareness and momentum right now around the future team.  Especially since the most prevalent buzz around town at this point is still, "What are they going to be called?!?"

17 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

So the team has officially narrowed it down to 5 names:

After reading the comments on that tweet, I can't believe how many people want Kraken as the name. That may be the worst name of all.

1 hour ago, jmac11281 said:

After reading the comments on that tweet, I can't believe how many people want Kraken as the name. That may be the worst name of all.

I've always despised the Kraken name; people talk mad crap about Sockeyes, but nothing screams "beer league tryhard cool name" of the proposed candidates harder than a team named the "Seattle Kraken". It's almost roller hockey-esque.

It's the Bitch Pigeons of the actual listed names; a meme that's spiraled out of control and looped from being funny right into being annoying. Though at least Kraken isn't a meme copied from NFL fans.

7 minutes ago, DastardlyRidleylash said:

I've always despised the Kraken name; people talk mad crap about Sockeyes, but nothing screams "beer league tryhard cool name" of the proposed candidates harder than a team named the "Seattle Kraken". It's almost roller hockey-esque.

It's the Bitch Pigeons of the actual listed names; a meme that's spiraled out of control and looped from being funny right into being annoying. Though at least Kraken isn't a meme copied from NFL fans.

As a Rainy City Bitch Pigeons fan, that just makes me laugh now. 

As for the NHL team, going with Kraken is a terrible idea. It reeks of minor league. I personally think it will be Sockeyes but i'm betting on me being wrong about that too. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

1 minute ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Somehow I'm just hearing of the Bitch Pigeons. 😄

Bitch Pigeons is a meme that people nicked from the NFL fandom. There, it's used to mock whiny Seahawks fans.

Here, it's essentially become the Boaty McBoatface of Seattle names.

Archived