kimball

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lakers are home in purple and black against the Pistons, who are wearing gray and navy. You'd think that's enough contrast, but I'm really struggling. Both teams have a side stripe, and both teams look muddy. Everyone's kind of fading into one another.

You know what would look nice though? Yellow Lakers against blue and red Pistons.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

7 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Lakers are home in purple and black against the Pistons, who are wearing gray and navy. You'd think that's enough contrast, but I'm really struggling. Both teams have a side stripe, and both teams look muddy. Everyone's kind of fading into one another.

You know what would look nice though? Yellow Lakers against blue and red Pistons.

No such luck. At least the Lakers stick to their traditional colors - the Pistons are a gray and black only team these days. I can’t remember the last time they used royal blue..

13 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Couldnt agree more.

5 hours ago, projectjohn said:

No such luck. At least the Lakers stick to their traditional colors - the Pistons are a gray and black only team these days. I can’t remember the last time they used royal blue..

The pistons are only wearing royal twice this month(one of those games are at home) and twice again in febuary.

5 hours ago, projectjohn said:

And, let's talk about their popular red alts that they ditched and won't bring back. Who the hell asked for black and gray?

1200px-Rasheed_Wallace_2_cropped.jpg

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Cool looking matchup! The Wolves wear the lime green on pretty rare occasions, and I must say I prefer when it contrasts against a dark uniform rather than vs the rival's white, same way I don't like this Lakers tendency of wearing gold against white.

maxresdefault.jpg

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 5:40 AM, juggoo said:

Cool looking matchup! The Wolves wear the lime green on pretty rare occasions, and I must say I prefer when it contrasts against a dark uniform rather than vs the rival's white, same way I don't like this Lakers tendency of wearing gold against white.

maxresdefault.jpg

This may or may not be an unpopular opinion, but I would've preferred NOLA's red alternate in this matchup. Would've looked better against the green.

18 hours ago, Satomiblood said:

This may or may not be an unpopular opinion, but I would've preferred NOLA's red alternate in this matchup. Would've looked better against the green.

Would run into trouble for red-green colorblind viewers, though. Maybe the Wolves' green is bright enough to counteract it, but I'm not sure.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

12 minutes ago, Digby said:

Would run into trouble for red-green colorblind viewers, though. Maybe the Wolves' green is bright enough to counteract it, but I'm not sure.

I honestly didn't think about that potentially creating a conflict. It makes me wonder if there's been a televised color-on-color/red vs. green matchup in recent memory and what the public reception was.

24 minutes ago, Satomiblood said:

I honestly didn't think about that potentially creating a conflict. It makes me wonder if there's been a televised color-on-color/red vs. green matchup in recent memory and what the public reception was.

Sure has been!

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/look-bills-jets-game-is-complete-torture-for-color-blind-people/

I believe the NFL has addressed this such that color-on-color is only permitted where this sort of thing won't happen anymore. I would have to defer to colorblind users as to whether it's cropped up in the NBA (it may help that there aren't many green teams?). 

I like color on color but I wish teams would at least be required to adhere to a light vs. dark convention. Maybe split all the jerseys into light, dark and middle -- color on color matchups have to come from different buckets. I have trouble with combinations of white/yellow/light blue/grey as it is, or even tonally similar colors like green and royal blue.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

53 minutes ago, jmac11281 said:

Anybody younger than me (or even just more in tune to the world) want to tell me what drip is?

I’ve never heard that saying before (and as a freshman in a large high school, that’s saying something), but I would assume it’s either the new “lit” or “fire”, or something like “clean”. In actual words, it’s probably a synonym for when people call uniforms “fresh”, which I’m pretty sure didn’t start this generation. 

No matter how many times you cringed reading that, I can guarantee that I probably did more while having to type that.

ExJworW.png

6 minutes ago, Camden Crazy said:

And before anyone goes on a misguided back in my day rant, y’all are the ones who used “bitchin” and “groovy”.  That wasn’t us.

Of course, bitchin and groovy weren't associated with gonorrhea, either. 

Back in my day (lol) everyone knew you didn't want "the drip".  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived