kimball

4 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Bucks Blazers would not only be my choice as a fan of basketball, but also would be a great uniform matchup, and unless Nike botches it (and we all know they will) bucks green and Portland’s black/red will provide some great uniform matchups, specifically in portland

I think Bucks/Warriors would look better, especially in Oakland. Blue and yellow just look nice against dark green.

ExJworW.png

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I think Bucks/Warriors would look better, especially in Oakland. Blue and yellow just look nice against dark green.

Yeah but the Warriors will inevitably end up wearing dark gray once or twice. Can't wait for next year and those jerseys to be tossed aside (along with several decades of loyal Warirors fans, hey-o).

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Still don’t like the pins. 

Slightly better than last year. And perhaps the Mavericks aren't changing anything?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Still don’t like the pins. 

Slightly better than last year. And perhaps the Mavericks aren't changing anything?

Don't like all the writing on the side of the cap.

Like we didn't know the CLEVELAND Cavaliers are in CLEVELAND!

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

15 hours ago, panthers_2012 said:

That's the only thing I don't like. Just have an "EST. XXXX" on the side it would look much better

17 hours ago, panthers_2012 said:

It would've been funny if they were still in Richfield though.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On 5/5/2019 at 6:46 AM, clr2420 said:

Can’t forget these “beauties” in the 90’s as well. Not only a 90’s look, but a complete 360 from the classic color scheme. 

spacer.png

I’ll never understand why they changed from that branding. I mean that logo would EASILY make the pistons #1 is branding. On top of that the colors only make it so much more unique and special. Now the pistons are really bland. With all due respect for the team I can’t watch pistons games without noticing how dreadful the red and blue court is. 

IMG-7122.gif

1 hour ago, pelicanfan said:

I’ll never understand why they changed from that branding. I mean that logo would EASILY make the pistons #1 is branding. On top of that the colors only make it so much more unique and special. Now the pistons are really bland. With all due respect for the team I can’t watch pistons games without noticing how dreadful the red and blue court is. 

That logo isn’t bad, the colors, hideous. Their current look is a classic that’s been around for decades, it should’ve never changed to teal and brick. They currently (outside of alts) have a top 5 brand in the NBA 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

The thing is that this is more of a logo that evokes what the team name is is:

444.gif

However, just because it does that doesn't make it a great logo for the Detroit Pistons. The Bad Boys logo means something much greater than any team name symbolism ever could.

bSLCtu2.png

On 5/15/2019 at 2:16 AM, WSU151 said:

Ugly Pistons-like generic logos, last year's caps were better.

Talking about the current Pistons logo, there's no graphic value to it whatsoever other than the Bad Boys legacy value, which on my part there is none, and I'm nearing my thirties. Talk about the mass follower base of the league. You might mention the similar Knicks alternate logo too, but it's so much better designed. With that being said, that Pistons 90s horse logo is good, but for current standards might be a bit too busy, though. It could certainly be evolved for modern use.

Really, the horse logo would make -- and did make -- a great secondary logo. Even with their current primary logo.

primary_new.pnga24900ac51d53243d0bc546892517737.gif

Much, much better than this ...

4f2a226821fcc60d4233cea8afc64633.gif 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

I actually disagree, the horse alternate is overrated and the glossy horse looks ugly and theirs so much empty space with the ball. Their current interlocking D P logo, (not the one quoted above which is outdated since the pistons updated their primary) is actually not bad and appropriate looking unlike the horse ball and previous dp

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

33 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

I actually disagree, the horse alternate is overrated and the glossy horse looks ugly and theirs so much empty space with the ball. Their current interlocking D P logo, (not the one quoted above which is outdated since the pistons updated their primary) is actually not bad and appropriate looking unlike the horse ball and previous dp

I don't know how you can say there's too much empty space with the basketball ... it's a basketball. Plus, it's an alternate logo.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

I think the horse secondary could definitely be updated and made into something really nice that the Pistons could use today. Eliminate the chrome-y look on the horse and simplify it, some thicker line and curve work to mesh with the primary, and eliminate navy too and just make it a royal, red, and white logo. I think it’s got the potential to be salvaged and updated very well. Don’t know that they’d ever do it, but I’d be more than happy to see them try.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I don't know what the "bad boys" are nor do I care. All I know is if I ever moved to Detroit I would like the horse logo (either color scheme) on my fan gear rather than a red ball with white text. 

5 hours ago, truepg said:

Talking about the current Pistons logo, there's no graphic value to it whatsoever other than the Bad Boys legacy value

Yeah, that's not nothing. 

The real problem with the Death Rides A Teal Horse set was how out of step it was with the rest of the Detroit sports scene and the city as a whole. Look at downtown Detroit: they basically built all their skyscrapers over the course of one weekend in 1929. So the timelessness and simplicity of the Red Wings, Tigers, and you may as well throw in the Wolverines down the road, makes sense. The Lions have messed around with their numbers but have stuck to a Honolulu blue and silver with a leaping lion. The Pistons being red, white, and blue with a simple logo fits. An exhaust-pipe horse in teal doesn't. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 minute ago, Olmec said:

I don't know what the "bad boys" are nor do I care. All I know is if I ever moved to Detroit I would like the horse logo (either color scheme) on my fan gear rather than a red ball with white text. 

Well, if you don't know/care about Isiah Thomas, Dennis Rodman, and Bill Laimbeer mugging Michael Jordan on the way to two championships and then being the final obstacle to Jordan's greatness, maybe you're a lousy basketball fan and deserve your crappy teal shirt.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived