kimball

TLP_Aspot_Mobile_GRIZ.jpg

Something about the way the letters and numbers crunched together on such a big body, especially without a side panel makes this uniform look like a pajama to Marc Gasol. 

Space the numbers from the wordmark PLEASE! Is the extra room for ads or something??

Ps. Took me 30mins to post this because of the pop up ads on this site! ????

shado_logo.gif

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

The latest rumor on r/Sixers about the grey City jersey actually makes some sense... I'be interesting to see if anyone else has heard of something like this.

And apparently this shirt is on Lids: https://www.lids.com/philadelphia-76ers-ben-simmons-nike-nba-mens-marled-player-t-shirt/21068128

A cool theory, but with the Sixers wearing red in China this morning, that means this fourth option SHOULD be the one that Ben Simmons was allowed to design for winning ROTY

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/the700level/will-ben-simmons-really-get-design-new-sixers-jersey

14 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

TLP_Aspot_Mobile_GRIZ.jpg

Something about the way the letters and numbers crunched together on such a big body, especially without a side panel makes this uniform look like a pajama to Marc Gasol. 

Space the numbers from the wordmark PLEASE! Is the extra room for ads or something??

Ps. Took me 30mins to post this because of the pop up ads on this site! ????

This has been an issue with their uniforms ever since the Adidas era, when the league switched over to the Rev30 fabric. I can only assume that the Grizzlies want the wordmarks to look tiny on the front of their jerseys for some bizarre reason.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

51 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

With that tiny wordmark and sky blue color he look like Oliver Miller on this picture, but Marc isn't fat.

That was my first thought too ... it makes him look really fat.

Not a fan of the Grizz's overhaul. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

5 hours ago, Lights Out said:

This has been an issue with their uniforms ever since the Adidas era, when the league switched over to the Rev30 fabric. I can only assume that the Grizzlies want the wordmarks to look tiny on the front of their jerseys for some bizarre reason.

If they keep doing it then it's clear that they want to look stupid.

bSLCtu2.png

My problem with the Grizzlies is two-fold ...

1) The Baby Blue and Navy Blue blend too much together that nothing on the jersey pops -- except for the FedEx logo.

1044843528.jpeg&

and 2) The name and numbers are WAAAAAY too mushed together (along with the my first issue) ... it's hard to read anything on their jersey.

c064c36f290f4747b959aaaea7b11c5b.jpg?ito

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Is it me or have the new Arena Sponsorship decals gotten a lot bigger this year?

NiEtdxqWgaadVJHsqs_1W-2bQo9mgYtDR8Oa5hcn

d8BUSuo20XgT8iKLcCr3_v4N2j_fdCsQFf2pt3Kf

In fact, the Bucks changed the logo size three times since the court was unveiled. Below is just the smallest version.

fiserv*750xx2046-1153-0-157.jpg

11 hours ago, Lights Out said:

i also think they need to make the font bigger and add white inside the wordmark, otherwise it just looks like a practice jersey.

sms.gif

I, albeit reluctantly at first, like it. Otherwise, we’d have home, road, alternate 1, alternate 2, alternate 3 and so on in a time when the traditional uniform designations don’t really exist (teams don’t always wear white at home, color on the road anymore). It also groups them together, generally with specific design ideas in mind. It wouldn’t work for baseball or even football, but it works for the progressive NBA. 

Just watched the Grizzlies highlights from their home game tonight against the Hawks. 

Um. It's just too much.

I don't mind the wood going in the other direction that much, it's the rest of the design on top of the new color scheme and jerseys. I just feel like they were trying too hard. Too many "different" elements. The brand seriously needs to be toned down a bit and geared more toward tradition. 

mg-unveil-court-main1000x515.png

kimball banner.png

39 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

I, albeit reluctantly at first, like it. Otherwise, we’d have home, road, alternate 1, alternate 2, alternate 3 and so on in a time when the traditional uniform designations don’t really exist (teams don’t always wear white at home, color on the road anymore). It also groups them together, generally with specific design ideas in mind. It wouldn’t work for baseball or even football, but it works for the progressive NBA. 

I'm of the same mindset too. As dumb as some of the City Jerseys have been ... there have been a few teams that really embraced the spirit of them (ie-Utah, Miami and Chicago). I also am intrigued by the concept of these Earned Jerseys for playoffs teams. I hope they're more traditional alternates compared to the City Jerseys, but I like the idea. 

My biggest gripes are that I wish the team pairings and jersey selections leaned more toward tradition, especially in regard with the fiasco with the Lakers. I don't want to see the Lakers wearing gold on the road more than the purples, and I don't want to see the purple jerseys treated like an alt (ie-this years). I'd also really like to see more originality out of the city jerseys in regards to the Rockets (Chinese Jerseys), Spurs (camouflage) and Wolves (Gray wolf). I have hope in a season or two more teams will catch the spirit of that ... I hope.

But, this does work well with the NBA compared to other leagues. 

kimball banner.png

Wow, Nike has turned the NBA into a fashion league. 10+ jerseys for each team, each with a more ridiculous name than the other. + New jerseys every season. 

Has nothing to do with team identity, only about making more money of dumb fans.  You see a game and you don't know who is playing, what a disgrace, and then you also got ads on jerseys! Unbelievable  

I pray Nike don't get the MLB deal.

29 minutes ago, skip88 said:

Wow, Nike has turned the NBA into a fashion league. 10+ jerseys for each team, each with a more ridiculous name than the other. + New jerseys every season. 

Has nothing to do with team identity, only about making more money of dumb fans.  You see a game and you don't know who is playing, what a disgrace, and then you also got ads on jerseys! Unbelievable  

And it's the soccer-fication of the NBA: New jerseys every. Single. Year. Gotta get the diehard fans to shell out on an annual basis to prove their fandom, and to stay up on the current fashion (or sponsor).

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

7 hours ago, skip88 said:

Has nothing to do with team identity, only about making more money of dumb fans.

It also NBA fault for allowing that. If they got strickier restriction and don't want to make cash from sales, we would see max 4 (with Retro) uniforms per team. Remember how many completely unnecessary jerseys adidas added after Rev30 arrived? Look at NFL, nike is there, but teams got from 2 to 4 uniforms only.

7 hours ago, skip88 said:

You aleady have  "Spring Traning", "Players weekend"," "4th July", "Memorial/Mother/Father day" + Throwbacks uniforms and Majestic is a provider, so what nike change in that case?

4r2eer.png

Archived