XFL 2023 Logos, Names and Uniforms

The Golden One

1 minute ago, Ice_Cap said:

It would be hilarious if, after the song and dance about the new XFL not having anything to do with WWE this time around, Vince just named all the teams after wrestlers. 

Texas Rattlesnakes would resonate with more people than St. Louis Vipers, just sayin.

w5DCqN.gif

• Like 4

Even though Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat is billed from Honolulu, he’s actually from NY. Therefore, New York Dragons confirmed! 

LOL 

The Undertaker is from Houston. For a short time the WWE used the gimmick where he was a biker American badass. Therefore, Houston Undertakers MC FC confirmed!!!!

6 hours ago, Volt said:

Completely subjective take, as is mine.  I deal with athletic team branding every single day, and in my professional opinion...

"Allow me to open with a token gesture of faux collegiality meant to imply that I'm open-minded to considering the opinions of others. Now that I've gotten that out of the way, let me immediately make a point of telling you just why my professional experience renders my 'subjective take' as clearly more informed than your own and, thus, worthy of being regarded as fact by the general populace."

The poor identities, names, logos and color choices severely hindered that league’s ability to pull in fans.

Or, maybe what truly "hindered that league's ability to pull in fans" was the fact that after the repeated launch and failure - or, in many cases, outright failure to even launch - of alternative football leagues including the likes of the USFL, IFF, XFL, UFL, FXFL, and A11FL, fans have grown increasingly jaded about investing time, money, and even attention into such ventures.

What they needed to do was strike a balance between modern and timeless, like the NFL.

Gee... I wonder how the National Football League has managed the trick of "strik[ing] a balance between modern and timeless" in its team logo and uniform designs? It couldn't be the fact that the NFL - and a significant number of its franchises, particularly those that sport more "timeless" looks - launched 60-plus years ago, could it? I mean, I've heard it said that some of the NFL's teams have actually been around since... the 1920s!!!    

• Like 7

1 minute ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

If true, that's astronomically lucky.

Is it though? Gargoyles always seems to be one of the most popular recommended names for New York teams whenever there's a thread about nicknames that go well with cities.

• Like 2

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

32 minutes ago, Lafarge said:

Gargoyles always seems to be one of the most popular recommended names for New York teams whenever there's a thread about nicknames that go well with cities.

I had a fantasy football team dubbed the New York Gargoyles for four seasons back in the mid-to-late-'90s. It's always struck me as a no-brainer identity for a New York-based sports franchise. Frankly, I'm surprised that it's taken this long for an actual pro team to adopt it.  

• Like 3

So I screenshotted the images and these were what I saw in order:

- a wave

- a reptilian eye

-  gargoyle statue

- someone working at a refinery

- a city street at night

-  grassy field

- the fan of a plane engine

- a fighter pilot flying

- a cavalier statue

- US Marines

- fallen leaves in a forest

- a tattoo

- a pack or bikers

Some of this surely combines ideas into a name, but Washington might be the Marines.  Cavalry might be another name, as is something oil industry related (Roughnecks, Wildcatters, etc).  Gargoyles is likely there too.

Any other suggestions?

1 hour ago, Wings said:

Looks like it is New York Gargoyles. Give me my damn cookie 😋

Love the name and it brings some really fun imagery. That said, I always think of this classic clip when I hear 'gargoyles.'

(Make sure to turn down the volume a few notches before hitting play.) 😅

The "gar-gyyyles" reference comes at 2:23

• Like 1

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

the wave one

13 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

- a wave   (Im thinking Seattle Surge)

- a reptilian eye (Im thinking St Louis Vipers)

-  gargoyle statue (Im thinking New York Gargoyles)

- someone working at a refinery (im thinking Houston Wildcatters)

Signature intentionally left blank

4 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

God I really hope Gargoyles isn’t a team name, that’s just bad. Try saying “Go Gargoyles” out loud, it’s not pretty.

GO GOYLES!

• Like 5

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

4 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

God I really hope Gargoyles isn’t a team name, that’s just bad. Try saying “Go Gargoyles” out loud, it’s not pretty.

On the other hand, if the fans call them 'Goyles casually, they can chant GO GOYLES and then it just sounds like "Gargoyles" so it works perfectly if you really think about it.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC