NBA Changes 2019-20

kolob

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nike in my opinion has proven to be a massive failure. I thought these new designations and creative pathways for NBA uniforms would give us troves of fantastic concepts, but everything feels rushed, looks cheap and is generally unsinspiring. 

I think back to the early/mid 2000s when alternates always looked like they were created with respect to the finest details and inspirations. 

I know for sure it’s easy for us, especially myself as I’ve been going off on these boards haha, to criticize these ugly uniforms left and right.. I’d like to see some concepts (not that it would do anything) but the Magic uniform could be sooooo much better. If the theme was oranges, for whatever the reason (idk if Orlando is known for oranges (thinking of the Orange Bowl as well)) are there any new concepts or ideas done out there that could be put here? When I heard what the theme for the ORL jerseys were gonna be, I immediately thought of the TMac Magic uniforms that had the holographic stars on the jersey. Also not sure why the hey haven’t touched that concept since. 

47 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I think back to the early/mid 2000s when alternates always looked like they were created with respect to the finest details and inspirations. 

The early/mid 2000s had some pretty horrid alternates. 

Mavericks trashbags

Wizards two-tones

Kings faux-robes

Suns bland PHX

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

52 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Nike in my opinion has proven to be a massive failure. I thought these new designations and creative pathways for NBA uniforms would give us troves of fantastic concepts, but everything feels rushed, looks cheap and is generally unsinspiring. 

You say that like adidas didn’t come out with sleeves and their own crappy alternates, and Reebok didn’t come out with trash bags and other Bad uniforms. Only real difference is the much quicker turn over. At the end of the day though it’s the teams that are approving these and to blame. They either have bad taste, or don’t care and both make it their fault for either telling make to make a :censored:ty uniform or not telling Nike “hey that looks like crap, make something else or we aren’t wearing it”

6 minutes ago, Pyromania1983 said:

Potential new Sixers City edition hat leaks. They will officially unveil the city uniform on Tuesday according to this article: https://www.phillyvoice.com/sixers-unveil-city-edition-uniforms-jerseys-tuesday-night-76ers-crossover-event/

353vhkax3wy31.jpg?width=576&auto=webp&s=d0a66d2c26ce83c21f7a210d306ef13a55624dc6

Educated guess is that it's this but with a white base instead of navy?

D_dTOs9U4AE6xnu.jpg

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

@Conrad. has every team been getting strong armed like Orlando (sorry; ORL) has? I read a couple comments ago, that graphite was highly pushed by Nike. Obviously some teams haven’t, Utah and SA to name 2. But does Nike really have this much force over the teams decisions?

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

38 minutes ago, tscuzzy said:

Hey Rockets fans its flashback friday, we'll give you uniforms but changing the court is too much to ask. Come on... literally every team in the league has had a matching throwback court for the classic unis.

spacer.png

New courts probably cost about $20 million. Ask Daryl Morey for where to find that kind of cash.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, anythinglogos said:

This looks promising though. Are they going with navy blue stars in space or rocket exhaust?

They’re slated to wear this jersey against Red, Navy, Black, and Purple jerseys, plus at least one that’s most likely yellow. All but guaranteed to be white NASA inspired. Maybe light gray with moon texture?

2 hours ago, DG_Now said:

New courts probably cost about $20 million. Ask Daryl Morey for where to find that kind of cash.

New courts cost less than $1 million...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, tscuzzy said:

Hey Rockets fans its flashback friday, we'll give you uniforms but changing the court is too much to ask. Come on... literally every team in the league has had a matching throwback court for the classic unis.

spacer.png

They could have at least changed the center logo to be throwback like the warriors do.

Archived