NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

8 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

Do Seattle fans have any idea how hypocritical they are by begging for another team to move there?

Yes. But I also see empty ass seats night after night in New Orleans, Atlanta, Sacramento and other cities and wonder why the NBA is keeping teams in markets that don't want them.

LA is a market that doesn't want the Clippers. Not nearly as much as they want the Lakers. You can get in Staples tonight for $32 to see a huge rematch of LAC/Houston. And for $14 Sunday against the Pelicans. The Lakers next home game is against the garbage Wizards, and it's $100 to get in the building ($10 for the Clips game).

I'm not saying expensive seats are awesome. I'm just showing the economics of it all. And how against Boston, half the lower bowl was green.

The Clippers have a fine roster and a passionate owner. But there's nothing about that team that requires them to be in LA.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Clippers are 8th in attendance right now. Not bad for an "unwanted" team. 

At the end of the day, nobody's paying $2 billion for a team just to move them from the second-largest media market to a significantly smaller one. That's just not realistic. Seattle should focus on getting an expansion team instead of trying to do the same thing they cried about OKC doing.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Just now, itsmb8 said:

Am I the only one that actually LIKES Milwaukee's city edition?

If you phrase a question with "am I the only one" the answer will likely always be no.

Just say you like something. No need to seek external validation.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

LA is a market that doesn't want the Clippers. Not nearly as much as they want the Lakers. 

LA is a market that wants a WINNER. If the Lakers suck and the Clippers are good, all the celebs and support will flock to that team. That's why they need 2 teams unfortunately. When either is bad, support dwindles (as you saw with the Lakers recently)

20 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

LA is a market that wants a WINNER. If the Lakers suck and the Clippers are good, all the celebs and support will flock to that team. That's why they need 2 teams unfortunately. When either is bad, support dwindles (as you saw with the Lakers recently)

Very recent history proves otherwise. We have six years of experience with the Clips being a demonstrably better team than the Lakers. Nothing changed.

2 hours ago, Lights Out said:

Do Seattle fans have any idea how hypocritical they are by begging for another team to move there?

It is funny how people are so fine ripping the Kings or Clippers away but complain about OKC so much. What happened to the Sonics is a tragedy, but it’s :censored:ty to want to rip other teams away.

59 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

You’ve never been to LA and just throwing out malarkey lol. Los Angeles is a Laker city through and through.

Are we going to rank the current city jerseys here? CLE, Indy, Milwaukee, Philly are my favorites so far. It’s crazy how it seems like every year, of the 30 jerseys created, only 5 seem to be really good. 

also, it’s confirmed playoff teams aren’t getting an “earned” version right?

2 hours ago, Lights Out said:

The Clippers are 8th in attendance right now. Not bad for an "unwanted" team. 

At the end of the day, nobody's paying $2 billion for a team just to move them from the second-largest media market to a significantly smaller one. That's just not realistic. Seattle should focus on getting an expansion team instead of trying to do the same thing they cried about OKC doing.

I think the 8th in attendance stems from us Los Angeleno’s not really wanting to pay $200 for nosebleeds to see any good team play, whereas Clipper tickets would be $35 for the same seat. With that being said, unrelated to the NBA, I think this is why the NFL will work in LA because we just have too many fans of different teams so when the opportunity presents itself for someone to see their favorite team play, they’ll be there. The Rams are currently #11 for attendance, despite seemingly always playing a road game (not to the degree the Chargers are though) 

okay back to jerseys..

12 hours ago, ror1997 said:

Why does it matter if people never heard of bed-stuy? Isn't that the entire point of city jerseys? To draw attention to, and honor your city? I never knew Milwaukee was called Cream City. I still have no clue what peach has to do with Atlanta. There was just a bunch of posts on here from people asking if people really say "H-Town" in Houston because they've never heard it before. And then people confirmed they do infact call Houston H-Town. 

The whole point of City jerseys is to honor your city. You're SUPPOSED to learn something new. 

The problem is that this stuff is so unnecessary. It's the Brooklyn Nets. Their job isn't pay homage to every little corner of Brooklyn. Their job is to play in Brooklyn and win basketball games. Their uniforms are supposed to look good and identify them. THAT'S ALL
The idea that we need five uniforms per team or that one or more of these uniforms needs to be a hyper-specific local reference is dumb. 

And you know why it's dumb? It's dumb because it's a "system" Nike "presented" us three years ago, and Stans like you just accept it. 

"It's the City Edition(tm) uniform, of course it's supposed to represent something local!" 

No, because the very concept of a "city edition" is dumb. 

2 hours ago, d11king said:

It’s crazy how it seems like every year, of the 30 jerseys created, only 5 seem to be really good. 

It's because there aren't enough ideas for 2-3 new uniforms per team each year. They burn through every good idea and what's left are just retreads or ridiculous. 

This is my kind of content.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

4 hours ago, ScubaSteve said:

The Lakers haven't had a winning season since the 2012/13 season, put in the worst record in franchise history for 2015/16 and yet I never saw "support dwindle" for the team.

bSLCtu2.png

Okay so this doesn’t make any sense. Why do the Sixers have a white throwback, and then make a White city uniform.. that really doesn’t make any sense.

sooooo, how does this help with sales? I know the rules are you have to wear specific jerseys x number of times, but having to split the white uniforms doesn’t make any sense. Can someone try to make this make sense on top of all the things that don’t make sense considering this Nike booboo-ness. 

10 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

The problem is that this stuff is so unnecessary. It's the Brooklyn Nets. Their job isn't pay homage to every little corner of Brooklyn. Their job is to play in Brooklyn and win basketball games. Their uniforms are supposed to look good and identify them. THAT'S ALL
The idea that we need five uniforms per team or that one or more of these uniforms needs to be a hyper-specific local reference is dumb. 

And you know why it's dumb? It's dumb because it's a "system" Nike "presented" us three years ago, and Stans like you just accept it. 

"It's the City Edition(tm) uniform, of course it's supposed to represent something local!" 

No, because the very concept of a "city edition" is dumb. 

That's pretty pathetic that you tried to take a personal shot at me all because I pointed out that these jerseys are following the idea behind the city jersey concept. I think the city and statement jerseys are dumb too. But unlike you, I'm not sitting here like a moron wondering why the city jerseys are representing something in the city the team plays for. 

If your argument is that every city edition jersey is dumb because the concept of the city jersey is dumb then why do you even waste your time commenting or even looking at the jerseys? You already know you're not going to like what you see. You already know you're just actively looking for things to criticize. Why even bother? I think it's funny you call me a Stan. Seems like you're more obsessed with this stuff then I am. 

Archived