NBA Changes 2019-20

kimball

6 hours ago, ror1997 said:

That fact you felt the need to take a shot at me for no reason is pathetic. I've never interacted with you before. You took a personal shot at me for what? Because I argued in favor of something you don't like? Are you that insecure? You can't even hear something that you don't agree with without immediately trying to attack people? Lmao where's the mute button on this board. You're obviously an insecure man child. Pathetic. 

I "took a shot" because you said something I found to be remarkably dumb. Yes, yes, opinions differ and a lot of this is subjective, but if you say something dumb then someone else might just point it out. 

You have the right to your opinion here, but you don't have the right to be treated with kid gloves over an opinion. 

6 hours ago, ror1997 said:

I'm just not dumb enough to argue against all 30 jerseys just because I don't like the idea. 

This is a web forum where people argue against stuff they don't like all the damn time. What? Did you think they would nothing but page after page of people going "I like this! 🔥"?

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

Yellow would've been perfect. It's historically accurate.

reeves4.jpg?quality=70&strip=all

I’m really surprised and sad this didn’t happen honestly but I read somewhere though that the Lakers don’t want to minimally wear purple and almost phase it out, but this would’ve been a perfect game to wear gold. 

They would have worn gold 3 games in a row, since Sunday whites, against the Thunder back to back, and this game included. If not for the purple this game, they would’ve worn gold 6 games in a row (which I personally don’t mind since I don’t like the purple jerseys —because of this 2 things..)

1. the Lakers will begin to start wearing white on the road, as well as at home (not on Sundays) &&& I truly despise that. With that being said

2. The white Lakers jersey is special & still unique to me because of the history and backstory. I truly embraced that before the white jersey, Lakers were the only team without a white uniform, but unless they create another off color jersey to wear when teams wear jerseys where purple can’t be worn, that tradition seemingly break has to break right? This is the new NBA right? (The white 1961 classic edition uniform would be perfect for this situation .. or a gray jersey of some sort)

I found Lakers in purple vs Memphis in teal to be a tough watch. LA in white -- even though I can really only accept that uniform at home on Sundays -- would have been a more aesthetically and visually pleasing matchup. At the least it would have provided more contrast and allowed the Grizzlie's teal uniform to really shine. As it was, it looked kind of muddy.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 hours ago, Ark said:

What is wrong with any of this exactly?

Reducing the schedule a few games is okay.  Re-seeding the final 4 is okay and a much better idea than having the top 16 teams making the playoffs, regardless of conference.  One of the dumbest things in baseball is the wild card game.  162 games should be enough to determine who makes the playoffs.  It would be an even worse idea in the NBA since 16 teams already make it.  The entire season is already a tournament with the regular season being the round robin stage.  If it included teams from Europe, then that would be intriguing.

10 hours ago, jp1409 said:

Uniform ads, idiotic uniforms thrown around like bills in a stripclub and then this. I feel like MLS will overtake the NBA spot in the big four sooner than later if these guys keep acting like they belong on ESPN the ocho.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28145944/sources-nba-considering-reseeding-conference-finalists-postseason-play-in

MLS will never be bigger than the NBA and if it did, it's going to be decades in the future.  Almost as many people in Canada watched the MLS final as did in the US.  TSN 748,000 vs ABC 823,000.  Having Toronto in the final didn't help the U.S. numbers, but that's still pretty low.  So, even as the NBA are doing some dumb things, like with the jerseys, and are considering other dumb things, MLS has still a long way to go before it even catches up to the NHL, let alone the NBA.

1 hour ago, Denver_The_Sinaloa said:

can someone here explain what made the Grizzlies think using the 2001-2004 Pyramid court with the 1995-2000 jersey set was a good idea

The court isn't the Pyramid court, it's a combination of several different designs from throughout the team history. It's more of a 25 Seasons court than anything.

bSLCtu2.png

31 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

The court isn't the Pyramid court, it's a combination of several different designs from throughout the team history. It's more of a 25 Seasons court than anything.

oh i completely forgot about that. i saw a brief second of the game and saw the darker brown stained key and got very confused. i see the rest of it and it’s honestly awesome looking

5 hours ago, DG_Now said:

I found Lakers in purple vs Memphis in teal to be a tough watch. LA in white -- even though I can really only accept that uniform at home on Sundays -- would have been a more aesthetically and visually pleasing matchup. At the least it would have provided more contrast and allowed the Grizzlie's teal uniform to really shine. As it was, it looked kind of muddy.

Even better than that would have been if the Lakers had worn their gold jerseys.  Then it would have looked like an actual throwback uniform matchup that would have taken place during the time of the Vancouver Grizzlies.  You'd get an even more aesthetically pleasing matchup with even more contrast.  Plus, the Lakers never wore white jerseys against the Vancouver Grizzlies.

Image result for lakers vs grizzlies 1997

10 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

I "took a shot" because you said something I found to be remarkably dumb. Yes, yes, opinions differ and a lot of this is subjective, but if you say something dumb then someone else might just point it out. 

You have the right to your opinion here, but you don't have the right to be treated with kid gloves over an opinion. 

This is a web forum where people argue against stuff they don't like all the damn time. What? Did you think they would nothing but page after page of people going "I like this! 🔥"?

I didn't think you would be so insecure that you would take personal offense to something. Give it a rest dude. Go be miserable in peace. As you said, this is a web forum. If you can't read something that you disagree with without throwing a tantrum and taking personal shots at people then you don't belong on a web forum. People don't deserve to be harassed just because you're miserable about something else. Like I said, I don't even interact with you on here. If you don't like what I say then you can dispute it without trying to personally attack someone. 

But I guess you're too insecure to do so. So carry on I guess. I'm just ignoring you. You're clearly are just looking for reasons to lash out at people. It's sad really.

12 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

You're a mod? You are awfully combative on this board. You should be held to a higher standard. Who polices the police around here?

2 hours ago, ror1997 said:

I didn't think you would be so insecure that you would take personal offense to something. Give it a rest dude. Go be miserable in peace. As you said, this is a web forum. If you can't read something that you disagree with without throwing a tantrum and taking personal shots at people then you don't belong on a web forum. People don't deserve to be harassed just because you're miserable about something else. Like I said, I don't even interact with you on here. If you don't like what I say then you can dispute it without trying to personally attack someone. 

But I guess you're too insecure to do so. So carry on I guess. I'm just ignoring you. You're clearly are just looking for reasons to lash out at people. It's sad really.

Let this be a statement from another moderator. Attacking someone because you insinuate that they’re “insecure” or that they should “go cry about it” will not be tolerated. Attack the opinion, not the person.

VmWIn6B.png

9 hours ago, M4One said:

MLS will never be bigger than the NBA and if it did, it's going to be decades in the future.  Almost as many people in Canada watched the MLS final as did in the US.  TSN 748,000 vs ABC 823,000.  Having Toronto in the final didn't help the U.S. numbers, but that's still pretty low.  So, even as the NBA are doing some dumb things, like with the jerseys, and are considering other dumb things, MLS has still a long way to go before it even catches up to the NHL, let alone the NBA.

In Canada hockey is still king, but here in the US I think it’s a fair assumption that soccer is more popular than hockey

Archived